NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls

5 posters

Go down

NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls Empty NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:07 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-fines-celtics-marcus-smart-for-making-an-obscene-gesture-during-game-2-loss-to-bulls-041917

NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls

Brett Pollakoff  @BrettEP  

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:52p ET

Celtics guard Marcus Smart has been fined $25,000 for “making an obscene gesture on the playing court,” the NBA announced on Wednesday. The incident occurred midway through the fourth quarter of Boston’s Game 2 loss to the Bulls at home Tuesday night, and can be seen here.

The release didn’t specifically say whether Smart directed the gesture at a fan, but we’d imagine that was the case.

“Obviously, I’ve been told of the gesture,” Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said Wednesday during a conference call. “I saw a brief video clip of it but, from my clip, from the angle that I saw, I couldn’t tell. But obviously if he made a gesture, it’s unacceptable, and that will be handled by the league.”

bob
MY NOTE:  At least he cared enough to do it.  That's more than I can say about a few of his teammates.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls Empty Re: NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

True in one sense, but it is time to grow up.  This kind of behavior shows the frustration they felt, and they should have been bull when Rondo and Butler started showboating.  Shame on them for not showing up for their teammate and taking that game away from the Bulls.  It started right with the starters, the bench was an almost no show again, at least Smart had some fire in him.

What does this say about this team?  That they played over their head at the end of the season and were not as good as they thought they were.  One thing I will say, Stevens said that a month ago. That they were not as good as their record. And their owner and the president of the team both said they were players away from being a real contender. I guess we read their press clippings and hoped they were the team of yesterday year who could turn it on and off whenever. This team can't even turn it on right now
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls Empty Re: NBA fines Celtics’ Marcus Smart for making an obscene gesture during Game 2 loss to Bulls

Post by worcester Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:35 pm

I thought most of the other players were making obscene gestures all game long, given how they played.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 pm

I love his fire! Hes one of the few showing heart and fighting like hell to get a win
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 am

You go, Marcus!
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down