Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny.

+11
dboss
swish
bobheckler
wideclyde
RosalieTCeltics
hawksnestbeach
kdp59
fierce
Rmbone
cowens/oldschool
worcester
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny. Empty Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny.

Post by worcester Sun May 07, 2017 9:16 pm

First of all, your three small guard lineup sucks against teams that have length on us. Stop going to it time and again.

Second, when two of those three guards - Marcus and Avery are 1 for 300, replace them with Rozier and Jaylen.

Third, call more timeouts when the other team is on a 26-0 run.

Fourth, play Jaylen with the starters. He does well with them. They do well with him.

Fifth - I am in a foul mood after watching the way the Celts played in game 4. Foul. Flagrant foul mood. How's this for an idea?  Game 5 only start those players who shot over 50% from the field tonight.

Danny - please trade Avery if you draft Fultz. Perhaps Marcus too.
Do not pass over Fultz if you get the number 1 pick thinking you're all set at guard with IT, AB, MS and TR.

Brad and Danny, if Game Five is a repeat of Game Four, I'll be switching over to watch super slow Norwegian TV - uninterrupted video from the front of a train during a 7 hour ride through snowy fields or a 12 hour video shot of logs burning in a fireplace. More satisfying.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/norways-slow-tv-fascinating-viewers-for-hours-or-days-at-a-time/
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny. Empty Re: Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny.

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 07, 2017 10:11 pm

AB has had 2 really good games this whole playoffs, love his defense, but at the playoff level hes not giving us enough offense. Hes playing his way out of starting line up, whether or not we get Faultz, I'd start Jaylen at the 2, sooner he gets minutes, sooner he will develop into 20 plus scorer.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny. Empty Re: Brad, learn something from this game. You too Danny.

Post by Rmbone Sun May 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Bradley could be a great bench scorer for us, 6th man of the year candidate every year. If Brad starts Bradley over Jaylen come late October, I'm going to be pissed.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Sun May 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Olynyk's been great these whole playoffs, but he's always on a 20-23 minute limitation.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 am

Rambone, agree on both points.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 am

I believe it's a given that Crowder and Bradley are gone if the Celts lose to the Wiz.

Hopefully the Celts can get another lottery pick for Bradley.

Sixers were interested in Bradley at the trade deadline this year.

It's like trading Malik Monk for Avery Bradley.

The Sixers really need some veteran players who can be a good example on and off the court.
Avery Bradley is that guy.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon May 08, 2017 7:35 am

fierce wrote:I believe it's a given that Crowder and Bradley are gone if the Celts lose to the Wiz.

The Sixers really need some veteran players who can be a good example on and off the court.

"IF" Bradley goes to the sixers I would expect Okafor to be return NOT another draft pick.

Danny and Brad will need to get vets (and bigger players) not more youngsters, IMO.

Bigger problem we have now is that Washington has figured out how to play IT. Double him and close it up inside (less whistles in the playoffs) and abuse him when he's trying to play defense. We all love the guys grit and heart, but Danny may have to do some deep thinking in the off-season about Thomas, with his contract coming up soon.

all that said, unless something changes the rest of the playoffs, I could see THOMAS being the guy traded for a big man this off-season. Always sell high and buy low, as they say.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 am

kdp59 wrote:
fierce wrote:I believe it's a given that Crowder and Bradley are gone if the Celts lose to the Wiz.

"IF" Bradley goes to the sixers I would expect Okafor to be return NOT another draft pick.

Danny and Brad will need to get vets (and bigger players) not more youngsters, IMO.

Bigger problem we have now is that Washington has figured out how to play IT. Double him and close it up inside (less whistles in the playoffs) and abuse him when he's trying to play defense. We all love the guys grit and heart, but Danny may have to do some deep thinking in the off-season about Thomas, with his contract coming up soon.

all that said, unless something changes the rest of the playoffs, I could see THOMAS being the guy traded for a big man this off-season. Always sell high and buy low, as they say.

If Celts get a lottery pick for Bradley, Ainge can then use that lottery pick in a trade for Jimmy Butler.

The Celts are better off keeping Thomas for a number of reasons.

I mean would you trade Isaiah Thomas for Drummond or DeAndre Jordan?

Celts will not get an Anthony Davis or a Karl Towns for Thomas.

Ainge will not get equal value for Thomas.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 am

I'm thinking the Celts get another lottery pick for Bradley so that Ainge can use that lottery pick, instead of the Nets picks, to trade for Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

If Celts have another lottery pick, Ainge can use Crowder, Rozier, and the acquired lottery pick as trade bait.

That way the Celts get to keep the picks from Brooklyn.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Mon May 08, 2017 8:50 am

Worcester, You've summed it up well: with a game plan so awry, at least we gotta try to laugh. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 08, 2017 8:51 am

I am of the same thinking on Avery, but, in his defense, I just read where he is playing with two hip pointers. Now, my next remark is: What else can go wrong with this guy???? He is constantly fighting some type of injury that keeps him out of important games or if playing hurt, he is useless. I hate to say it but it's time to cut bait with him. He is one terrific defensive ballplayer but if he ever becomes an offensive threat consistently i will be shocked.

Crowder?? he is an puzzle I can't solve. For a guy that has such a killer instinct, he has disappeared except in spurts. This is no good for a team like the Celtics. They need consistency. IT is getting worn out, on the floor with not getting calls, and triple teamed constantly. Horford has been great, but those two can't do it alone..

Big questions to be answered in offseason. Glad it is not me answering.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 08, 2017 10:40 am

Horford has been good, if he could avg 10 boards a game, he would be great, we won a first round series, we are still a flawed team. How many boards did KO get last night? some say hes playing great too.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 am

Phew! Tough loss, but lets not trade every one of our players today as it would be tough to win on Wednesday with a group that had not yet played together.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 am

fierce wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

If Celts get a lottery pick for Bradley, Ainge can then use that lottery pick in a trade for Jimmy Butler.

my answer would be yes to Drummond no on Jordan. Drummond is udner contract for three more years with a player option after that. Jordan for only one year.

Thomas, as much as I like him, will cost the same after next year and we see what happens to 5-9 guys in the NBA playoffs.

Just my opinion
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 am

kdp59 wrote:
fierce wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

my answer would be yes to Drummond no on Jordan. Drummond is udner contract for three more years with a player option after that. Jordan for only one year.

Thomas, as much as I like him, will cost the same after next year and we see what happens to 5-9 guys in the NBA playoffs.

Just my opinion

I think the reason for that is because too much load is put on the shoulders of Thomas.

If the Celts got Durant last summer, Thomas' size would not be an issue right now.

Isaiah Thomas has reached MVP candidate status this season.
I don't think Ainge or the Celtic owners will trade him.

Mike Conley is getting 30m per year and he's not even an all-star.

Money should not be an issue as long as the Celts keep winning.

Besides, Horford's contract will be over in 2020.
Thomas' contract will start in 2018-19.
So I don't think luxury tax will be an issue, if that's what you're worried about.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 am

Adding Jaylen to the starting lineup would not create discontinuity since he played 20 games as a starter with Avery injured, and he and the team did quite well.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 08, 2017 12:03 pm

worcester wrote:Adding Jaylen to the starting lineup would not create discontinuity since he played 20 games as a starter with Avery injured, and he and the team did quite well.

Worcester,

I agree.

Jaylen, due to his youth, needs to be surrounded by higher-quality players to offset his current deficiencies.  4 regular starters would do that.

Horford vs Gortat
Crowder vs Morris
Brown vs Porter
IT vs Beal
Bradley vs Wall

I could get behind that lineup, I think, especially if Jaylen puts some pressure on them by getting out on transition both ways.  They have killed us on transition to offense and we don't pay them back enough for that.  Maybe adding a little more speed with Brown could fix that. He gets back on defense and sprints up court on offense and forces them to not crowd us so much.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

From your mouth to Brad's ears Bob.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Worcester,

I like the idea of subbing Brown in for Johnson as he certainly runs the floor much better than any of the Cs 4s and 5s.

A bounce back game is on tap for Wednesday evening.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon May 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Kyle Lowry? going to test free agency. He sure can shoot
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Kyle Lowry? going to test free agency.  He sure can shoot

Rosalie,

I believe he is a restricted free agent. That means he can entertain offers from other teams but Toronto has the right to match-and-keep him if they choose.

Wouldn't bother me in the least if he left our conference...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon May 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Money should not be an issue as long as the Celts keep winning.

Besides, Horford's contract will be over in 2020.
Thomas' contract will start in 2018-19.
So I don't think luxury tax will be an issue, if that's what you're worried about.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I don;t get paid to worry about it, though i do keep my eyes on team salary and cap issues.

I'm not concerned with two max or near max players, but what about guiys like Bradley (up next year with Thomas) , Kelly (RFA this year), Smart (RFA next years I believe). IF you want to keep them they will all cost at least twice their current deals (some much more).

I do not think we can re-sign both Bradley and IT to market deals. not to mention many here want a max FA signing in this off-season.

If Danny just tries to keep the current team together he would likely have over $100M in a few players ( Horford -$27M), IT and Bradley ( $50M combined), Smart ($12M?), Kelly ($12M). That leaves no rom for another $20M player, much less max guy and even without it we could be close to the tax line or above.

if we let any of them walk we need to replace them. Are we going to be on the young /cheap player treadmill forever?

at some point you have to get and PAY players. Tough decisions that Danny has coming up the next two years, IMO.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Management must make an all out effort to get the best players that they can afford - then pray that they have put together a roster that will land them in the top 5 or 6 in the league. Even than, winning it all is a tough deal to close - Many will come close - many will fail - and as fans, understand that the reasons for not winning it all can be a simple "Not quite good enough". Remember - even the highly successful Spurs have failed to win it all in 13 of their last 18 years - Often times close, but no cigar.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 08, 2017 3:42 pm

I do not particularly like lineup changes. The Celtics started Amir Johnson 77 games this year. There is a reason why that worked.

Brad has been tweaking the lineup throughout the playoffs. The rotation has also been questionable. There is no doubt in my mind that both Rozier and Brown need to be in the rotation even though at times they get lost but I think they must play and play well for us to win the series.

Teams needs are pretty much the same as they have been for the last few years.

We need an athletic big (defend, rebound run, score, etc) and a reliable shooter/scorer off the bench.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

wideclyde wrote:Phew!  Tough loss, but lets not trade every one of our players today as it would be tough to win on Wednesday with a group that had not yet played together.

Clyde,

True. Not time to take all of our meds at once and hit the panic button!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next