Shamrock1000
wideclyde
dboss
RosalieTCeltics
red16russ11
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum Empty Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246156/Celtics-Not-Settled-On-Fultz-Yet-Considering-Ball-Fox-Jackson-Tatum

Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum

JUN 6, 2017 11:27 AM

While Markelle Fultz is not working out for any teams beyond the Boston Celtics, he's not yet a lock to be selected with the first overall pick.

Lonzo Ball, De'Aaron Fox, Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum remain in the mix for the Celtics.

Fultz has been with the Celtics this week for interviews, medical testing and a workout. The meetings will go a long ways in determining whether the Celtics select Fultz.

Ball, who was also strongly considered a possible first overall pick, is refusing to work out for Boston.

CHAD FORD/ESPN

bob
MY NOTE:  This is per Chad Ford, so it isn't just clickbait.  I'm thinking this is Danny just doing his FUD thing.  He's really, really good at it.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum Empty Re: Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:42 pm

I think Issac is in the mix as well. Why would they work him out otherwise? I'm new here, Bob, what is the "FUD" thing?
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum Empty Re: Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:52 pm

red16russ11 wrote:I think Issac is in the mix as well.  Why would they work him out otherwise?  I'm new here, Bob, what is the "FUD" thing?

Red,

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

FUD
fəd/Submit
noun
fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage.
"the FUD factor"

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:02 pm

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:I think Issac is in the mix as well.  Why would they work him out otherwise?  I'm new here, Bob, what is the "FUD" thing?

Red,

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

FUD
fəd/Submit
noun
fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage.
"the FUD factor"

bob

LOL - thanks, man. Yes, he is good at it......with us regular folks, too.
I think it's Fultz all the way, and I'm sticking with it....he can't FUD me!!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I just think Danny is not tipping his hand. Keep 'em guessing. Everyone is always trying to get one step up on him and he just is toying around. Fultz is it, I think anyway
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Danny already told us in so many words who he is drafting.  Immediately after the Celtics secured the 1st pick he said he could make the pick now but would wait and go through the process.

Everyone on the planet knows that Markell Fultz is the most talented player coming out because he has a complete offensive game and all the measurables that you could want.  

This is a really deep and talented draft but do you prefer a guy like Dennis Smith the 6' 3" PG with a 6' 3" wingspan?  Do you want Ball with the dad?  The skinny kid Isaac  or even Josh Jackson or Tatum when you have Jaylen Brown Would you draft SF at #3  and then # 1 back to back?  Only if a guy like Jackson or Tatum were complete players which they are not.

We need a great shooter so do not be fooled by some guy that shoots 2.5 3 point shots per game and makes 37%

Take the guy that attempts 5 three pointers per game and makes over 40%

It is simple math here.

Danny boy already knows this.  He will not waiver from drafting Fultz.  He is not going to trade the pick because he still has the 2018 pick plus other draft picks.  If some team wants to make a trade it will not be for this pick.   Danny is in the driver's seat and he is not going to become a passenger in his own vehicle.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:45 pm

dboss wrote:Danny already told us in so many words who he is drafting.  Immediately after the Celtics secured the 1st pick he said he could make the pick now but would wait and go through the process.

Everyone on the planet knows that Markell Fultz is the most talented player coming out because he has a complete offensive game and all the measurables that you could want.  

This is a really deep and talented draft but do you prefer a guy like Dennis Smith the 6' 3" PG with a 6' 3" wingspan?  Do you want Ball with the dad?  The skinny kid Isaac  or even Josh Jackson or Tatum when you have Jaylen Brown Would you draft SF at #3  and then # 1 back to back?  Only if a guy like Jackson or Tatum were complete players which they are not.

We need a great shooter so do not be fooled by some guy that shoots 2.5 3 point shots per game and makes 37%

It is simple math here.

Danny boy already knows this.  He will not waiver from drafting Fultz.  He is not going to trade the pick because he still has the 2018 pick plus other draft picks.  If some team wants to make a trade it will not be for this pick.   Danny is in the driver's seat and he is not going to become a passenger in his own vehicle.

dboss

"Danny is in the driver's seat and he is not going to become a passenger "

In other words, no one is taking him for a ride.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Again, I am not a college hoops fan so I do not watch many games during their season, but since the Cs season has ended I have been searching for tape on these top tiered college players.

I am in full belief that the top 10-12 guys could really be NBA stars (in time), but that Fultz looks to be ready to be an NBA star sooner than Ball, Fox and Jackson. If Bradley gets traded this summer, I can see Fultz getting quality minutes next season, and he may quickly become the "shooter" that the Cs need to take pressure off Thomas late in games.

To me there is no one equal to Fultz for the Cs to use with their number one pick, and that Ainge only even considers trading this pick for a top ten pick in this year's draft, some other future picks AND an experienced, young NBA star. Not sure who that 'star' would be so keep it simple and draft Fultz.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:46 pm

dboss wrote:Danny already told us in so many words who he is drafting.  Immediately after the Celtics secured the 1st pick he said he could make the pick now but would wait and go through the process.

It is simple math here.

dboss

Excellent analysis. I agree 100%.

Ball could be an interesting story. Initially I was down on him, but if I'm completely honest with myself, much of that opinion was due to my dislike of his old man. Now I have taken the time to listen to the kid himself during available interviews, and my stance has softened. Seems like a cool kid suffering in the shadow of an unbearable bore of a parent. I predict this kid will either be a star, or a bust. Still too much of a risk to justify passing on Fultz, but I'll be keeping my eye on him.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:54 pm

They could also be targeting a mid or late lottery pick via trading Crowder or Bradley. To sign a max deal for Hayward or Griffin, we would need to open up some cap space. If we got up to 7, we could still have a shot at adding Isaac or even Tatum.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Markelle stopped photoshopping his muscles for a day. Must feel pretty confident:
Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum DBwVnDGXoAMR-z9

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Kyle I do not think Danny is looking for more draft picks this year although this would be a good year to have two first rounders given the depth.

Considering we keep our pick this year and also add the two picks from last year and let's assume we keep 1 of our 3 second rounders and we still like Jackson and Nadir, it is hard to see how we add more youth.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:45 pm

THIS IS ALL FALSE NEWS.............FULTZ IS DANNY'S GUY! END OF STORY!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:52 pm

"Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum"

Right, sure, I believe that too...

...oh come on, in other words; of course we're taking Fultz.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:"Celtics Not Settled On Fultz Yet, Considering Ball, Fox, Jackson, Tatum"

Right, sure, I believe that too...

...oh come on, in other words; of course we're taking Fultz.

I agree.............let's just get it over with
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Dick Vitale‏Verified account @DickieV Jun 3
More
Man I agree with @JalenRose as I have been saying Josh Jackson is best overall talent in @NBA draft @MagicJohnson

https://clutchpoints.com/jalen-rose-says-josh-jackson-valuable-option-upcoming-nba-draft/

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Rmbone wrote:Dick Vitale‏Verified account @DickieV  Jun 3
More
Man I agree with @JalenRose  as I have been saying Josh Jackson is best overall talent in @NBA draft @MagicJohnson

https://clutchpoints.com/jalen-rose-says-josh-jackson-valuable-option-upcoming-nba-draft/

Having nothing to do with this discussion, except that this tweet came from Dickie V...

Love college hoops, love Dickie V.  Nothing better than the opportunity to catch a game when he's on the broadcast.  Awesome baby!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:38 pm

NYCelt wrote:
More
Man I agree with @JalenRose  as I have been saying Josh Jackson is best overall talent in @NBA draft @MagicJohnson

Having nothing to do with this discussion, except that this tweet came from Dickie V...

Love college hoops, love Dickie V.  Nothing better than the opportunity to catch a game when he's on the broadcast.  Awesome baby!

I just wanted to remind people that there isn't really a consensus that Fultz is the best prospect in this draft. Everybody's getting swept away with this Fultz infatuation, and assuming that just because he's commonly referred to as the best prospect in this draft that he must be some amazing prospect.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Rmbone wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
More

I just wanted to remind people that there isn't really a consensus that Fultz is the best prospect in this draft. Everybody's getting swept away with this Fultz infatuation, and assuming that just because he's commonly referred to as the best prospect in this draft that he must be some amazing prospect.

'bone,

That's fine.

Me, I'm among those who think Fultz is an amazing prospect. Maybe the best guard prospect in years IMO. I also think he's part of what is potentially the deepest draft in years, and that there are several other very strong prospects too. For the record, I think Tatum stands a good chance to have the best NBA career of this year's entire draft class.

But, I wasn't debating any of that... You just gave me the chance to mention how much I love NCAA games called by Dickie V!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down