Rmbone
dboss
gyso
fierce
red16russ11
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics Empty Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:42 am

Per Hoopshype..............why?
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:43 am

Jeff Goodman‏: High lottery pick Josh Jackson canceled today’s workout with the Boston Celtics, source told me and @MarcJSpearsESPN. – via Twitter GoodmanESPN
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 am

Because it's obvious the Celts are not picking him.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 am

John Gambadoro ✔ @Gambo987
Josh Jackson has been promised - has worked out for Lakers in LA. Has not worked out for Phoenix yet. It could be Philly but likely Lakers.
2:02 AM - 13 Jun 2017
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 am

Somewhere out there, Papa Ball's crying.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:27 am

gyso wrote:Somewhere out there, Papa Ball's crying.

Sad

That's two of the top 3 not working out for Boston.

Word on the street indicates Boston is going draft Markell Fultz.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:31 am

Jackson doesn't want to get caught up in Brad's depth chart. If we don't take him anyway, he's going to be a Laker and haunt us. Fultz won't haunt us like that.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:33 am

CHESS club! wrote:Surprisingly, off the floor Jackson is quiet and even something of a nerd.

While he played for Prolific Prep, Jackson attended Justin-Sienna High School in Napa, a Catholic school with a tuition of nearly $19,000 and a 13-1 student-teacher ratio. He started a chess club at the school and is a National Honor Society member. Most of his high school buddies were members of the Justin-Sienna lacrosse team.

“Off the court, he is really very quiet, passive,” Prolific Prep director of operations Phillippe Doherty said. “He is very good with adults. He’s very good with kids. He’s been raised really well. If you see him deal with media, he’s mature. The other kids aren’t a mature as he is. You can have a 30-minute conversation with him and he’s totally in tune …

“Other teenagers yearn for attention. He doesn’t need it.”

Jackson’s mother, Apple Jones, said she wanted her son to move to Napa before his junior year for a stronger education.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:33 am

ESPN basketball analyst Fran Fraschilla compared Jackson’s competitive drive to that of Minnesota Timberwolves power forward Kevin Garnett.

“Every drill, he wants to be first,” Fraschilla said of Jackson. “Every scrimmage, he wants to be the best. He just has an alpha dog mentality. He still has things he has to work on to improve. But in this class going into college next year, he’s as intense a player as there is in terms of his attitude as I’ve seen in the last five to 10 years.”

Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star “Kevin Durant took my breath away with his talent. But this kid, he wants to win every single drill,” Fraschilla said. “Whoever is on the court who is considered at his level, he wants to guard them and dominate them.”

As a junior with Napa Prolific Prep, Jackson once yelled at a player he was guarding on the perimeter, “Pass the ball!” over and over. Eventually, the Division 1 prospect got intimidated and passed the ball. Jackson briefly smiled at the mini victory. He also is known to push his teammates to their limits with his tough love in games and trash-talking in practice.

“I want to win. I feel like any player, if you play the sport of basketball, on the court you have to be a tough guy no matter what. I don’t care who you are. Off the court, I don’t necessarily need to be that guy. But you do on the court,” Jackson said.

Ayton, considered by many to be the top prep player in the class of 2017, said Jackson is the “most competitive player I’ve ever played against.”

“He knows how to get in your head,” Ayton said. “I don’t know what type of energy he runs off of. He’s fast. He’s very unpredictable. He can shoot. Guard the post. Strong. The dude is just a freak of nature.”

Perhaps the only time Jackson has met his match in mouthiness on the court was when he went up against Green, the vocal All-Star forward, in a pickup game in Detroit two years go. Green chose to guard Jackson and made a point to trash-talk to him and stop him from scoring. While Green accomplished his defensive goal, he respected Jackson for never backing down. They’ve been close ever since.

http://theundefeated.com/features/hes-got-a-game-to-match-his-mouth/

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:35 am

No, (Gary) Payton hadn’t bumped into basketball greats Michael Jordan or Reggie Miller at the concession stand. Amazingly, one of the high school players had successfully poked the old bear.

His name is Josh Jackson, and he possesses both a standout game that could make him the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA draft and trash-talking skills that already compete with the likes of all-star yappers Payton and Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors.

“He blocked Gary Payton’s son’s shot and then Josh looked at him. That’s what set Gary off. That’s just Josh. Dude is having fun,” said Hillcrest Hoops Prep Academy rising senior center DeAndre Ayton, who plays with Payton’s son, Julian.

Jackson, 19, said: “It was crazy. It was real funny. In my years I never thought I would be in a gym talking smack to Gary Payton.”

Jackson’s elite game means he can walk the walk with all that talk.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:30 am

No doubt the kid has talent and a competitive fire.. This draft oozes with quality prospects.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:36 am

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F1228%2Fr39752_1296x729_16%2D9

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:37 am

Rmbone wrote:Jackson doesn't want to get caught up in Brad's depth chart. If we don't take him anyway, he's going to be a Laker and haunt us. Fultz won't haunt us like that.

Now that's being ridiculous.

You're already sure that Jackson will end up being better than Fultz in the NBA?

Right now nobody knows for sure how their careers will turn out.

Unless of course you've already been to the future.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:44 am

fierce wrote:
Rmbone wrote:Jackson doesn't want to get caught up in Brad's depth chart. If we don't take him anyway, he's going to be a Laker and haunt us. Fultz won't haunt us like that.

You're already sure that Jackson will end up being better than Fultz in the NBA?

Go ahead and doubt me. All of Celtics fandom is being completely ridiculous right now.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 am

Adam Zagoria‏Verified account
@AdamZagoria

Projected No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz is expected to meet this week with the Lakers, per source. Has met with Celtics

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/874391681700958208

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:35 am

Rmbone wrote:
fierce wrote:

Go ahead and doubt me. All of Celtics fandom is being completely ridiculous right now.

Be ready to eat crow because Markelle Fultz will prove you wrong from Day 1.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 am

Like they always say we won't know for sure until 3 years after the draft.

I'd take either one myself.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am

kdp59 wrote:Like they always say we won't know for sure until 3 years after the draft.

I'd take either one myself.

True.
But as rookies, my money is on Fultz.

Josh Jackson will need time to fully develop.
Right now Jackson is all potential.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 am

I think two things are at work here.  

1.  Josh Jackson looked at our roster and decided he doesn't think he wants to be on our depth chart.  It's like D'Angelo Russell not working out for the Celtics because he didn't like the idea of being behind IT.  This is a very short-term perspective, especially with Trader Danny holding the strings, but players and agents don't know what may or may not be on Danny's plate.  He could go from #3 on the depth chart to starter before opening tap because Danny traded Crowder and Brad wants to groom Jaylen for SG.

2.  He has a promise from the Lakers.

If it was just #1, he might come and work out because he doesn't know how far he might fall if Celtics take Fultz, Lakers take Ball and Philly already has Simmons and Saric.

If it was just #2, then why not work out for the Celtics?  He could move up another notch.

That's why I think it's both.  It's Philly for Ball.  If they don't take him then Sacto (I don't think Phoenix needs another guard).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Jackson ends up the next Marvin Williams or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, players picked #2 and didn't live up to expectations.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 am

Jackson doesn't have an NBA body, only 207 lbs.
Very light for a 6-8 player.

He also has small hands.

And his wingspan is just the same as Markelle Fultz and Fultz is only 6-4.

In my opinion, Josh Jackson is a high risk high reward investment.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 am

Steve Kyler: I saw reports of Jackson having a promise – if he has one it’s not the Lakers, they have been adamant they have promised nothing to anyone. 14 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

teve Kyler: Was also told that no one is being drafted or not drafted based on a workout – Lakers have done a ton of work on this draft class. 14 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Steve Kyler: Lakers are not unique in this, hearing Celtics would not make any commitments to Fultz either. That comes next week, Tuesday/Wednesday 14 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:07 am

Those were all from yesterday's hoopshype.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next