Rmbone
dboss
gyso
fierce
red16russ11
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:09 am

red16russ11 wrote:Steve Kyler: Lakers are not unique in this, hearing Celtics would not make any commitments to Fultz either. That comes next week, Tuesday/Wednesday 14 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Red,

Thanks for these updates.

"Tuesday/Wednesday"?  The draft is Thursday, so a pre-draft promise could be forthcoming and that would be very, very strange for Danny.  That would effectively mean he has given up on trading that pick and Trader Danny never gives up on those.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Jackson cancels workout with Celtics

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:16 am

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:Steve Kyler: Lakers are not unique in this, hearing Celtics would not make any commitments to Fultz either. That comes next week, Tuesday/Wednesday 14 hours ago – via Twitter stevekylerNBA

Red,

Thanks for these updates.

"Tuesday/Wednesday"?  The draft is Thursday, so a pre-draft promise could be forthcoming and that would be very, very strange for Danny.  That would effectively mean he has given up on trading that pick and Trader Danny never gives up on those.

bob

True, but he's also never had the #1 pick before. I think if they are keeping it, they will tell Fultz about the decision. It builds good rapport for the future, IMO.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:17 am

fierce wrote:Jackson doesn't have an NBA body, only 207 lbs.
Very light for a 6-8 player.

He also has small hands.

And his wingspan is just the same as Markelle Fultz and Fultz is only 6-4.

In my opinion, Josh Jackson is a high risk high reward investment.

Shallow, superficial, arbitrary complaints. That's what Draft Express comes up with when they don't like a prospect. They did the same thing with Thon Maker last year, declaring that he had small hands.

Wingspan is another completely overrated trait this time of year.

Draft Express is also arbitrarily declaring that Jackson is a small forward, ignoring his obvious superstar SG future.

Draft Express also flat out ignores good shooting when they don't like a guy. And the rest of the internet regurgitates what DX says like they did their homework.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:40 am

Rmbone wrote:

He also has small hands.

Shallow, superficial, arbitrary complaints. That's what Draft Express comes up with when they don't like a prospect. They did the same thing with Thon Maker last year, declaring that he had small hands.

Draft Express is also arbitrarily declaring that Jackson is a small forward, ignoring his obvious superstar SG future.

Draft Express also flat out ignores good shooting when they don't like a guy. And the rest of the internet regurgitates what DX says like they did their homework.

Shallow and superficial?

At least I post the facts.

Your spin is wingspan is overrated.

All you have to show for is your opinion.

Time will tell.

Just be ready to eat crow because Markelle Fultz will make you eat crow as early as the summer league.

Besides, if you're so good at scouting and judging talent why aren't you working for an NBA team?
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

Rmbone wrote:

He also has small hands.

Jackson needs to learn how to dribble like a SG first.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:46 am

The hands "thing" comes from the Kahwi comparisons. Leonard has huge hands, and Jackson doesn't, so they are trying to dispel any Leonard comparisons based on that.......rather silly, I agree.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 am

red16russ11 wrote:The hands "thing" comes from the Kahwi comparisons.  Leonard has huge hands, and Jackson doesn't, so they are trying to dispel any Leonard comparisons based on that.......rather silly, I agree.

It's not that silly if you really think about it.

Why is Kevin Durant great?

Because he can shoot over anybody because he's tall.

Why is Lebron great?

Because Lebron is so big and so fast.

Would Durant be as great if he's only 6-5?

Or would Lebron be as great if he's only 207 lbs?

Reason why star players excel is because they have superior physical attributes.

There are exceptions of course, like Larry Bird.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

Jaylen Brown is not suppposed to be better than Brandon Ingram.

Ingram has lots of talent.
He was a better player in college than Jaylen Brown.
But because NBA players are bigger, stronger, quicker, and faster than most college players, Ingram couldn't do what he did in college in the NBA.

Last year you would be called crazy if you said Jaylen Brown will end up being better than Brandon Ingram.

One year later, the crazy one is not crazy after all.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm just saying I'd be way more concerned that the kid is only 207 lbs with a weak jump shot than the fact he has "smallish" hands.

Good comp on Brown and Ingram. If Ingram can't put on weight, he will struggle. And, Ingram is the reason I still think, at the end of the day, that Jackson was promised to PHI, not LAL. LAL will take Ball.

red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:16 pm

It would be a real stretch to accuse Draft express of arbitrarily declaring that Jackson is a small forward.  Guess what?  He is a small forward.  Can he play the 2?  Don't know until he gets into the league.  

Wingspan is not a completely overrated trait unless you happen to be in love with a player that has short arms.  

I find draft express to be pretty fair and balanced.  They provide both strengths and weaknesses of players  They are not always spot on with their analysis but I see no evidence that they go out of their way not to like or dislike a particular player.

Jackson is a very talented player but before he can become the superstar shooting guard that you think he is, he will need a lot of work on his handle and his jump shot.  He has an obvious hitch in his jumper.  Even a blind man can see it.  He is a horrible free throw shooter at 56.6% and while I have read where he is referred to as a point forward, he will also need to work on his decision making given his 3.0 assists per game combined with 2.8 turnovers.

Every single prospect in the draft has strengths and weaknesses.  Jackson may turn into Jeff Green before he becomes Kobe Bryant.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm

I also find it hard to believe that Ainge didn't even bother going after Josh Jackson.

If Ainge really believes Josh Jackson is really better than Fultz, I don't think Ainge would've just let Jackson slip away.

Is Ainge really that incompetent?

Or is it just the opinion of some Celtic fans that Jackson is a better prospect than Fultz.

Majority say Fultz is the best prospect and the #1 pick.
It's ridiculous to say that the majority are the crazy ones.

I'm a believer of Ainge.
If Ainge thinks Fultz is better than Jackson then I trust Ainge's judgement.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm

dboss wrote:It would be a real stretch to accuse Draft express of arbitrarily declaring that Jackson is a small forward.  Guess what?  He is a small forward.  Can he play the 2?  Don't know until he gets into the league.  

Wingspan is not a completely overrated trait unless you happen to be in love with a player that has short arms.  

I find draft express to be pretty fair and balanced.  They provide both strengths and weaknesses of players  They are not always spot on with their analysis but I see no evidence that they go out of their way not to like or dislike a particular player.

Jackson is a very talented player but before he can become the superstar shooting guard that you think he is, he will need a lot of work on his handle and his jump shot.  He has an obvious hitch in his jumper.  Even a blind man can see it.  He is a horrible free throw shooter at 56.6% and while I have read where he is referred to as a point forward, he will also need to work on his decision making given his 3.0 assists per game combined with 2.8 turnovers.

Every single prospect in the draft has strengths and weaknesses.  Jackson may turn into Jeff Green before he becomes Kobe Bryant.  

dboss

Totally agree!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Didn't Jackson also have some off the court issues?
Can't see Danny going for that, when he took Brown last year on character, and will probably do the same with Fultz this year.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

red16russ11 wrote:Didn't Jackson also have some off the court issues?
Can't see Danny going for that, when he took Brown last year on character, and will probably do the same with Fultz this year.

Yeah, Josh Jackson wanted to beat up a woman basketball player.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm

fierce wrote:

Didn't he eventually take it out on her car?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:09 pm

fierce wrote:

Yea but instead he beat up her car. I would not hold the incident against him no more than I would regarding Marcus Smart and his OKS incident with a fan.

Josh may have some anger management issues to go along with his small hands, relatively short wingspan and the jump shot hitch. But if you really want him those flaws can be overlooked.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:33 pm

dboss wrote:It would be a real stretch to accuse Draft express of arbitrarily declaring that Jackson is a small forward.  Guess what?  He is a small forward.  Can he play the 2?  Don't know until he gets into the league.  

dboss

Fultz gives off way more of a Jeff Green vibe than Jackson. Jackson gets Garnett comparisons for a reason. Same (crazy) intensity in every single competitive situation they're put in, and Jackson's had that reputation for many years.

Go ahead and ignore it though, and pretend you have no clue about how competitive Jackson or Fultz are.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Bone

I would say that both players are competitive. I primarily focused on skills and having the least number of flaws
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Jackson is working out for the Lakers today instead of the Celtics. It's his second workout with the Lakers, and there will be media availability after the workout. I think the Lakers promised Jackson, this second workout is a formality, and the real reason for the second workout is to introduce the next great Laker to the LA media and fanbase before the draft.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Rmbone wrote:Jackson is working out for the Lakers today instead of the Celtics. It's his second workout with the Lakers, and there will be media availability after the workout. I think the Lakers promised Jackson, this second workout is a formality, and the real reason for the second workout is to introduce the next great Laker to the LA media and fanbase before the draft.

Makes sense, but I still think they are taking Ball............do they move Ingram to the 4 and Randle to the 5?
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:30 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
Rmbone wrote:Jackson is working out for the Lakers today instead of the Celtics. It's his second workout with the Lakers, and there will be media availability after the workout. I think the Lakers promised Jackson, this second workout is a formality, and the real reason for the second workout is to introduce the next great Laker to the LA media and fanbase before the draft.

Makes sense, but I still think they are taking Ball............do they move Ingram to the 4 and Randle to the 5?

JACKSON IS A SHOOTING GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Rmbone wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:

Who can't shoot?

I thought the plan was to move Russell to the 2, with Ball at the 1. Now, according to you.....and it says SF/SG on nbadraft.net, btw, they just better move Russell

draftexpress: - which you said is reliable:
HEIGHT: 6'8" (203 cm) WEIGHT: 203 lbs (92 kg) AGE: 20.3 POSITION: SF - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Jackson-7239/ ©DraftExpress

nbadraft.net:
Birthday: 2/10/97
NBA Position: SG/SF
Class: Freshman
Ht: 6-8
Wt: 205
Hometown: Southfield, MI
High School: Prolific Prep
Team Site Profile
Statistics
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:10 pm

red16russ11 wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:

Who can't shoot?

I thought the plan was to move Russell to the 2, with Ball at the 1.  Now, according to you.....and it says SF/SG on nbadraft.net, btw, they just better move Russell

HEIGHT: 6'8" (203 cm) WEIGHT: 203 lbs (92 kg) AGE: 20.3 POSITION: SF - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Jackson-7239/ ©DraftExpress

nbadraft.net:
Team Site Profile
Statistics

He's a superstar shooting guard who can play small forward. DX said Porzingis was years away from contributing to an NBA team because they refused to consider that he was a power forward.

Before you regurgitate false info that Jackson can't shoot, why don't you compare his shooting %s, including 3 point, FT, 2 pt FG%, and true shooting %s to Markelle Fultz.

And remember who told you the Lonzo Ball to the Lakers was anything but a sure thing all along.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Rmbone wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:

Who can't shoot?

I thought the plan was to move Russell to the 2, with Ball at the 1.  Now, according to you.....and it says SF/SG on nbadraft.net, btw, they just better move Russell

nbadraft.net:
Team Site Profile
Statistics

He's a superstar shooting guard who can play small forward. DX said Porzingis was years away from contributing to an NBA team because they refused to consider that he was a power forward.

Before you regurgitate false info that Jackson can't shoot, why don't you compare his shooting %s, including 3 point, FT, 2 pt FG%, and true shooting %s to Markelle Fultz.

And remember who told you the Lonzo Ball to the Lakers was anything but a sure thing all along.

Shooting percentages are about the same. Can't find anything that says he's a SG, though.
And you didn't tell me anything about Ball. I was the one who said he shouldn't go to the lakers for his own peace of mind. I also posted (maybe not here) that as soon as Magic said "Don't forget Josh Jackson" to the local media, I knew he was in the mix. It's FAR from a sure thing Ball goes to the Lakers, but it is my opinion that he will go there, rather than duplicating a position they already have with Ingram and Deng.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Russell/Jackson/Ingram/Randle

Definitely need to improve their shooting from the outside

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next