I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick.

+4
swish
NYCelt
wideclyde
Rmbone
8 posters

Go down

I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick. Empty I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick.

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Leading NBA‏ @LeadingNBA_ 2h2 hours ago
More
Brian Windhorst just said on ESPN that the Clippers offered DeAndre Jordan for the 3rd pick to select Josh Jackson, and Boston didn't do it.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick. Empty Re: I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick.

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 am

I would not have traded the third pick and whatever players it would have taken to match salaries either.

I can still shoot free throws better than Jordan at 66 years old. He should be embarrassed.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick. Empty Re: I heard Danny turned down DeAndre Jordan for the #3 pick.

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 am

wideclyde wrote:I would not have traded the third pick and whatever players it would have taken to match salaries either.

I can still shoot free throws better than Jordan at 66 years old. He should be embarrassed.

Wide,

We'll make sure not to foul you then!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:18 pm

It's a deal that should not be dismissed without some very serious thought - especially after a good hard look at Jordans free throw shooting vs that of the Celtics front court "bigs". For the record, the Boston quartet of Johnson ,Olynyk, Jerebko and Zeller averaged .686 on their free throw shooting compared to Jordans .482. Jordan ended up with 205 free throws made on 425 attempt - when the 425 attempts is multiplied by .686 you get 291 free throws - a plus 86 points per year - and a plus of 1.1 per game. Weigh that gain vs the fact that Jordan averaged 15.5 rebounds per 36 minutes and the Celtic 4 averaged 8.2 per 36 minutes. Add in the fact that Jordan was superior in blocks and lastly the league has put into play new rules to help contain late quarter fouling away from the ball - and perhaps his deficiency in free throw shooting becomes less important.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:29 pm

swish wrote: It's a deal that should not be dismissed without some very serious thought - especially after a good hard look at Jordans free throw shooting vs that of the Celtics front court "bigs". For the record, the Boston quartet of Johnson ,Olynyk, Jerebko and Zeller averaged .686 on their free throw shooting compared to Jordans .482.  Jordan ended up with 205 free throws made on 425 attempt  - when the 425 attempts is multiplied by .686 you get 291 free throws - a plus 86 points per year - and a plus  of  1.1 per game.  Weigh that gain vs the fact that Jordan averaged 15.5 rebounds per 36 minutes and the Celtic 4 averaged 8.2 per 36 minutes. Add in the fact that Jordan was superior in blocks and lastly the league has put into play new rules to help contain late quarter fouling away from the ball - and perhaps his deficiency in free throw shooting becomes less important.

swish  

Very good points Swish.
I know Jordan doesn't really fit the offense that Boston wants to run, but he is a terror on the boards and protecting the rim.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:57 pm

There had to be more involved in that offer than just the third pick. players had to be involved. Interesting though not enticing to me. But then again, who am I
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Doc realizes that he needs to retain CP3 and Blake and also change their style of play. DJ is the logical piece to move

Glad we did not move in that direction.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm

I would look at this trade. He's a unique player. He would rebound, block shots and play D. Jerry West is innovative enough to construct, perhaps, a sign and trade of KO, with maybe Crowder for Jordan.

Regardless, I've said all along the Clips should try to move DeAndre to IND for George.....IND could do a lot worse than that.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:There had to be more involved in that offer than just the third pick. players had to be involved. Interesting though not enticing to me. But then again, who am I

Your opinion always matters to me.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 pm

red16russ11 wrote:I would look at this trade.  He's a unique player.  He would rebound, block shots and play D.  Jerry West is innovative enough to construct, perhaps, a sign and trade of KO, with maybe Crowder for Jordan.

Regardless, I've said all along the Clips should try to move DeAndre to IND for George.....IND could do a lot worse than that.

if Jordan could at least make the elbow jumper.

Also if you do this we have very little room to sign a free agent and resign IT

Also PG wants LAL not LAC
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm

NYCelt,

LOL, I am too old to foul at this point, but I can shoot free throws better than Jordan's .482. Maybe not at 80%, but better than 48%.

Free throws not withstanding, I still do not want to trade for Jordan at this point. He is getting older, has too many years left on his contract, would eat up a large portion of the remaining salary cap and would cost too much (players).

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down