kdp59
RosalieTCeltics
mrkleen09
NYCelt
dboss
wideclyde
11 posters

Go down

DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out? Empty DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out?

Post by wideclyde Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 pm

What do you think of the Cs looking at Jordan if he gets bought out by the Knicks (as already rumored)?

I believe that he is shooting free throws better than in the past for those concerned with this aspect of his game.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out? Empty Re: DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out?

Post by dboss Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:34 pm

wideclyde wrote:What do you think of the Cs looking at Jordan if he gets bought out by the Knicks (as already rumored)?

I believe that he is shooting free throws better than in the past for those concerned with this aspect of his game.

The Celtics would have to first waive Bird to open up a roster spot.

If you got him it would immediately impact you rebounding and physical low post defensive presence. Aron however who has been playing his tail off would get buried on the bench.

A buyout would be great but just keep in mind that a lot of playoffs teams will all be wanting to sign him. Danny should be on the phone with his agent now.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out? Empty Re: DeAndre Jordan if he gets bought out?

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 pm

I put that one in the no-brainer category.

Competition would be stiff to get him, but Jordan would fix a huge hole or two for Boston. He can even shoot crappy free throws and still be an upgrade.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:18 pm

How does this sit with the Robert Williams needs more minutes brigade?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:35 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:How does this sit with the Robert Williams needs more minutes brigade?  

Robert Williams is not going to get a lot of minutes this year but I think he should get some minutes Players need to play to develop.

Anyways it would be a longcshot to land Jordon.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:31 am

I wish people would realize that Williams is going to get minimal minutes during the second half of the year. He still has so much to learn and the Celtics will not rush him along.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 am

I do wonder if Jordan fits into Brad's system at all.

we got Monroe last year this way, and he ended up not being a factor due to his game not meshing with what Brad likes.

Jordan IS a much better defender in the paint, not sure if he is very good at the switching defense we play though.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 am

mrkleen09 wrote:How does this sit with the Robert Williams needs more minutes brigade?  

As a card carrying member of that brigade, I am okay with adding Jordan for the rest of the season.  Especially if Brad is not going to run Williams out there at all this season to get some real game time experience.  I trust that Brad has his reasons for keeping him off the floor.

As I stated in another post, Jordan is a better option than Monroe was last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:18 am

Forget Jordan, how about Wes Matthews if he gets bought out?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:24 am

bobheckler wrote:Forget Jordan, how about Wes Matthews if he gets bought out?

bob

Do we need another wing?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:43 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Forget Jordan, how about Wes Matthews if he gets bought out?

bob

Do we need another wing?

Can't have too many wings in this league. What we need is a veteran. He's shooting 38% from 3.

Jordan is a 2-dimensional player. His offense is the same as Robert Williams'. If you never want/expect to see Williams play again this year, then sign Jordan. If you want to see someone who can generate offense when Gordon Hayward has another one of his off nights, sign Matthews.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:05 pm

If GH is having one of his MIA games I would rather split the minutes between 2 J’s and Smart, I am rooting and expecting GH to get his game together the remaining games and be ready for playoffs.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:If GH is having one of his MIA games I would rather split the minutes between 2 J’s and Smart, I am rooting and expecting GH to get his game together the remaining games and be ready for playoffs.

Cow,

Jayson is averaging 30.9mpg now, Jaylen is averaging 26.0mpg and Smart is averaging 26.7mpg. Gordon is averaging 25.7mpg.

How many more minutes do you think those first three players can play? Jayson is up near his upper limit now, we want him fresh for the playoffs, do we not? If you give Jaylen and Smart 5 more minutes each now they're at or over 31mpg too and that would still leave Hayward with 16mpg.

And Smart isn't Hayward. Smart plays multiple positions on defense but he's clearly undersized at 3, just as Hayward is too big and slow for 2. Depending upon matchups giving Smart those extra minutes might not pan out the way you think.

We have 4 centers (Horford, Baynes, Theis, Williams) and a small-ball 5 (Yabusele). Williams and Yabby are unreliable but the first 3 are solid and consume the overwhelming minutes at big. If you bring in Jordan, who sits among those 3 bigs? Who do you take minutes from? If you don't take minutes from one of those 3, then you're taking minutes away from a wing (or Morris) because there's still only 240 total player minutes/game. The game doesn't get longer just because you added a good player you want to play. If you give 20 to Jordan, where do you get them from? Either a big or a wing. Which big? Which wing?

How many wings do we have? Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Semi. I do not consider Morris a wing. Semi is limited in what he can be expected to do. That leaves the first 3. I'm good with another 6'5" shooter coming on board.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:32 pm

Jordan and Williams would make an excellent tandem defending the paint and getting points down on the block.

I like Baynes, and he's a great team player, but he can't get it done like those two. Jordan might be short term, but that's OK, he could be a difference maker.

I'll insert my caveat that it's nice to discuss, but if anyone wants to wager, I see no moves by Boston prior to the deadline. Summer will be another story, I think.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 pm

A more immediate impact could come after the trade deadline, when the center-heavy Knicks could buy out Jordan’s contract, making him a free agent. A reunion with the Clippers is a definite possibility. The team could use more rebounding, and Jordan could rebuild some of his defensive reputation by helping the Clippers in an area where they struggle. Jordan would like to return to Los Angeles, and he’s still close with coach Doc Rivers. Some NBA scouts believe a pairing with the Lakers, perhaps next summer, makes sense for Jordan, too. 11 mins ago – via Los Angeles Times

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:11 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:If GH is having one of his MIA games I would rather split the minutes between 2 J’s and Smart, I am rooting and expecting GH to get his game together the remaining games and be ready for playoffs.

Cow,

Jayson is averaging 30.9mpg now, Jaylen is averaging 26.0mpg and Smart is averaging 26.7mpg.  Gordon is averaging 25.7mpg.

How many more minutes do you think those first three players can play?  Jayson is up near his upper limit now, we want him fresh for the playoffs, do we not?  If you give Jaylen and Smart 5 more minutes each now they're at or over 31mpg too and that would still leave Hayward with 16mpg.

And Smart isn't Hayward.  Smart plays multiple positions on defense but he's clearly undersized at 3, just as Hayward is too big and slow for 2.  Depending upon matchups giving Smart those extra minutes might not pan out the way you think.

We have 4 centers (Horford, Baynes, Theis, Williams) and a small-ball 5 (Yabusele).  Williams and Yabby are unreliable but the first 3 are solid and consume the overwhelming minutes at big.  If you bring in Jordan, who sits among those 3 bigs?  Who do you take minutes from?  If you don't take minutes from one of those 3, then you're taking minutes away from a wing (or Morris) because there's still only 240 total player minutes/game.  The game doesn't get longer just because you added a good player you want to play.  If you give 20 to Jordan, where do you get them from?  Either a big or a wing.  Which big?  Which wing?

How many wings do we have?  Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Semi.  I do not consider Morris a wing.  Semi is limited in what he can be expected to do.  That leaves the first 3.  I'm good with another 6'5" shooter coming on board.

bob

Although I agree that you cant have too many Wings, Jordan is a rebound machine and can block anyone’s shot. You’d rather see Theis in there? The middle is a major weakness for the team. I’d give Jordan a serious look. Whoever gets the job done gets the minutes. No?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm

I am with you Ktronic, Jordan could improve us at center, but he may wind up with the Clips.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down