gyso
NYCelt
Rmbone
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Semi Ojeleye - Page 4 Empty Re: Semi Ojeleye

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 pm

swish wrote:All this ink about the little fish in the pond ( when the Celts are in a position to challenge for a ring ). I'll bet that Danny is more interested in trolling for a couple of lunkers that could put the Celts over the top. Go get them Danny.

swish

I`m not sure in what universe the Celtics are in position to challenge for a ring by adding any of the free agents on the market. We beat GSW  by adding George, or Heyward , or Griffin? We could add all three and be lucky to take them to 6 games. Adding one of those guys might be feasible, preferably one that is a free agent as opposed to a rental. Trade a couple little fish and you really become dependent on the Semihs and Naders to fill out your bench.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:12 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:
swish wrote:All this ink about the little fish in the pond ( when the Celts are in a position to challenge for a ring ). I'll bet that Danny is more interested in trolling for a couple of lunkers that could put the Celts over the top. Go get them Danny.

swish

I`m not sure in what universe the Celtics are in position to challenge for a ring by adding any of the free agents on the market. We beat GSW  by adding George, or Heyward , or Griffin? We could add all three and be lucky to take them to 6 games. Adding one of those guys might be feasible, preferably one that is a free agent as opposed to a rental. Trade a couple little fish and you really become dependent on the Semihs and Naders to fill out your bench.

jrleftfoot

Notice that I said challenge - Golden State is a great team and its going to take a team with elite players to challenge them- not 19 year olds with potential - for sometimes, the future comes up short of expectations.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm

The available free agents have already shown who they are. None of them particularly excites me. Admittedly, we don`t have a transcendent player, but how many are out there, and who is trading them to us? There isn`t a star player in the league who wasn`t drafted by somebody sometime. Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown are building blocks that can still be viable 10 years down the road. Hopefully our savior will appear in the interim, but who is it going to be? Once the Kevin Durant ship sailed , slow and steady became the watchword, in my opinion. Any list of the 12 best Celtics would include at least 10 that were drafted by them.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4