Shaungnessy Article On SI

3 posters

Go down

Shaungnessy Article On SI Empty Shaungnessy Article On SI

Post by pete Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm

I thought this was interesting, as he has had the reputation of being negative in the past. We can only hope he is correct.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/dan_shaughnessy/04/25/celtics/index.html
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Shaungnessy Article On SI Empty Re: Shaungnessy Article On SI

Post by steve3344 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:21 pm

The funniest part of the article is where he calls Sheed a "sniper."

Yeah, Sheed's a sniper. If he's aiming for his foot. Hits that every time.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:26 pm

I agree with him. I think that, of the other top four contenders in the East, the C's match up best against Cleveland. Atlanta seems unbeatable to us, Orlando is tough because they rebound (something we fail to do), and Cleveland is a push with no clear cut victor in sight. Look for the series to go to seven games, and look for the Celtics to move on to the Conference finals. If they find the Hawks there, look for them to go home-- if they find Orlando-- look for a tough series, but don't rule out banner number 18 (unless there is an upset in the West).

With that said, Sheed will not be the difference in the Cleveland series. Sheed has not been the difference (in a positive way) in a single game since coming to Boston.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:33 pm

I don't think Dan did a good job at all of supporting his idea of why the Celtics will beat the Cavs.
Rasheed will be the difference maker because he is rested...? Perkins is two years stronger...? Are they having a weight lifting competition?
He failed to mention losing Eddie House, how much slower Pierce is and KG's change in his game from two years ago.
Would Dan have written this the day after the regular season ended? Have 3 wins against a pretty bad Heat team really made the Celtics favorites over Cleveland?

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:57 pm

tjmakz wrote:I don't think Dan did a good job at all of supporting his idea of why the Celtics will beat the Cavs.
Rasheed will be the difference maker because he is rested...? Perkins is two years stronger...? Are they having a weight lifting competition?
He failed to mention losing Eddie House, how much slower Pierce is and KG's change in his game from two years ago.
Would Dan have written this the day after the regular season ended? Have 3 wins against a pretty bad Heat team really made the Celtics favorites over Cleveland?

Some of his analysis is bizarre, to be sure.

I don't think those are the only reasons though. We chalked up even against CLE over the course of a lackluster Celtics season (CLE had a great, great season). The Heat aren't great, BUT, we have played really well regardless-- especially compared to how we have handled ourselves down the stretch. I think, if you're the Cavaliers, you dread seeing the Celtics in the semis. That's just me.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down