Rmbone
bobc33
jrleftfoot
red16russ11
9 posters

Go down

Farewell, Kelly Empty Farewell, Kelly

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Kelly Olynyk has signed a 4 yr 50 mill dollar contract with the MIA Heat.
I thought he'd get a little more............
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Farewell, Kelly Empty Re: Farewell, Kelly

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm

red16russ11 wrote:Kelly Olynyk has signed a 4 yr 50 mill dollar contract with the MIA Heat.
I thought he'd get a little more...
He`ll actually balance Whiteside nicely if they go big. Does anybody do that any more ? Good for Kelly.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 pm

What are we going to talk about now.............?

Good luck Kelly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Any stiff can put a team on his back and score 26 points off the bench from all over the floor in a game 7 with a trip to the ECF on the line.

Is Ian Mahinmi available to fill that role?

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 am

Rmbone wrote:Any stiff can put a team on his back and score 26 points off the bench from all over the floor in a game 7 with a trip to the ECF on the line.

Is Ian Mahinmi available to fill that role?

Watch the pitiful effort in Cavs close out game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
Restricted free agent Nikola Mirotic has agreed to a two-year, $27M deal to return to Chicago, league sources tell The Vertical.
12:48 PM · Sep 24, 2017

Bob
MY NOTE:  $13.5M/year for a player that can't do anything besides 3s AND was a restricted free agent, meaning Chicago only had to match.  Makes UFA Kelly's $12.5M/year quite reasonable.  I know Kelly had to go because of Hayward but otherwise...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Olynyk was a very interesting follow in his four years in Boston, but he had to go because he was not worth even $10M per season specifically due to his terrible inconsistency. He seemed very much to work hard and was a good teammate while showing a variety of improvements every season. He was definitely much better in his last Boston season than he was in his first. Yet he was disappointing with his always up and down types of performances.

For every good performance he would kind of mail in two very poor performances. He was just too big of a gamble to pay over about $5 M for, in my opinion. While he was on his rookie contract, the Cs could allow him to be up and down. Now, he may go to Miami and solve all of his consistency problems, but I agree with Ainge that the financial gamble was not worth such a happening for the Cs.

Good luck to him, but I hope that he "mails in" his four games (5 points and 2 rebounds) against the Cs every year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:00 pm

I will spit nails if he goes to Miami and has a very consistent season!!!!
Brad did everything he could to get this kid going, brought him off the bench, gave him starting roles when necessary, gave him minutes when he didn't deserve them, and much more.  The final show he put on against Washington was unreal, you wondered where the heck he had been hiding all this time.

Danny had no choice but to cut bait, he just was too inconsistent. I wish him well, but I believe he will be one of those journeymen players who jumps from team to team living off what he gets and finally plays enough seasons to be worth of a pension. He absolutely drove me nuts!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I will spit nails if he goes to Miami and has a very consistent season!!!!
Brad did everything he could to get this kid going, brought him off the bench, gave him starting roles when necessary, gave him minutes when he didn't deserve them, and much more.  The final show he put on against Washington was unreal, you wondered where the heck he had been hiding all this time.

Danny had no choice but to cut bait, he just was too inconsistent. I wish him well, but I believe he will be one of those journeymen players who jumps from team to team living off what he gets and finally plays enough seasons to be worth of a pension. He absolutely drove me nuts!!

Rosalie,

It wasn't the inconsistency that made Kelly move on, it was the signing of Hayward that forced Zeller, Kelly, Jonas, Amir and, thanks to a lower salary cap, Bradley to move on.  I think Danny would have signed Kelly for what he got from Riley.  That's the going rate for bigs who can shoot from 3 with good numbers and Kelly could also dribble and pass better than most bigs and he was no worse a defender than Mirotic.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Bradley is the one that kills me. I really wish there had been a way to keep him. Is this all because they want to stay out of the luxury tax.
How do teams like GSW keep the players they have? Cleveland has to have a pretty high salary cap too. Sooner or later, they will have to make the decision to pay the luxury tax if they want to build a real strong bench.

Will they sign Marcus to an extension?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Rosalie,

GSW have identified what they have and are going to ride this wave as long as it's financially feasible. If I owned that team, I'd do everything I could to keep that unit together.

Larger market teams will almost always have their pick of the litter. Smaller market teams will struggle to keep up. But one thing is for certain: you most likely won't be able to build and maintain a contender on the cheap.

With that said, the Bradley trade bothered me a lot. I thought they should've done more to keep him, but that's assuming they even wanted to.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down