BOS v. CLE. This will be the championship series for us

3 posters

Go down

BOS v. CLE.  This will be the championship series for us Empty BOS v. CLE. This will be the championship series for us

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:43 pm

While I think CLE has everything to lose, we really don't have that much to lose since no one outside of us is expecting much from the Celtics. But if we manage to knock off CLE, the rest will be a piece of cake.

We did discover a couple of weeks ago that CLE is nervous about us and still doesn't know how to get rid of us. We saw them come unglued on our homecourt, coach, LeBron and all. We saw Mike Brown almost blow an easy opening round series wide open by running out of TO's and not able to advance the ball on the final play of Game 3. CLE more than likely would have won Game 3 if they couldn have advanced it to half court with a TO. I can promise you the first person to go if CLE bows out this round will be Mike Brown, not LeBron. Doc v. Mike is clearly a case of going to a gun fight with a toothpick for Mike. He makes a mistake like that in this round, and he will, his head along with his resume, will be served up on a platter.

Best thing for the Celtics to do is stay calm. This will be the series CLE implodes on. The excuses are already beginning to come out with the "elbow" injury, just to start covering any bases should they come up short. Although I don't think LeBron will pull a Mike Tyson ear-chewing incident on us, but he's going to do something out of character, or for us, in character that will force the league to have to do something. It will probably start with the refs calling LeBron for his 1st charging foul of the season. I'm sorry, 2nd.

Celtics pretty much have to win Game 1 on Saturday. The odds drop drastically if they don't win that one. Not a mandatory win, but if we're down 2-0 going back to Boston, then Charles Barkley will be right. They've won there before this year and our road record now comes into play. We play on the road potentially 4 times to their 3. They will have to win twice in CLE to take it from them. If we can take the first 2 in CLE, I'll pee myself. But we are certainly capable of pulling that off.

We're rested, injury free and playing solid ball and lockdown defense after the first round. I like our chances...ALOT!

Go Celtics!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

BOS v. CLE.  This will be the championship series for us Empty Re: BOS v. CLE. This will be the championship series for us

Post by beat Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Dbrown

Should we get by Cleveland..............no way is the rest of the journey a "piece of cake" as you put it.

Just to many good teams left and we haven't exactly had the greatest past 2-3 months either.

That said we are good enough to beat any team left............and also lose to them in 4.

I like our chances as well as anyones so let round 2 begin!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

BOS v. CLE.  This will be the championship series for us Empty Re: BOS v. CLE. This will be the championship series for us

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Cleveland will be very hard to beat compared to playing the JV team (Miami). Boston will be competitive in every game and if RA is on fire, the Celtics can win.
The big question is who will guard LeBron?
I think Orlando is the best team in the East right now, so Boston won't have it any easier in the next round if they beat Cleveland.
I can't see Boston not showing up and playing hard like they did in many games in the second half of the year.
This is the playoffs. Their intensity will be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:53 pm

we generally match up well against orlando.

i imagine PP will spend some time on LBJ - so will TA. but i don't know what they'll do as far as the beginning of the game goes.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down