Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced

3 posters

Go down

Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced Empty Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Boston Celtics‏Verified account
@celtics
Follow
More
3️⃣4️⃣ #ForeverACeltic

Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced DHiKqumXgAAvq30

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced Empty Re: Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 pm

So this is puzzling to me? Why not on a date when Doc was here? Certainly no coincidence James is in town for this. Who picked the date, Paul or Wyc?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced Empty Re: Paul Pierce's Number Retirement Date Announced

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
57 minutes ago
For those asking why Pierce 34 retirement will be after Cavs game, Cs wanted length of ceremony to be on their terms, not pre or halftime.
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  sounds like they are really planning on doing it up.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Been a long time since they have done this. Reggie? Re-retirement of Russell's number? That was a special night, no game, tickets were so hard to come by. Bill had a friend who used to visit him at work at times. They were talking and he told him I was driving him nuts that I wanted to go to the ceremony. Two hours later he walked in with a pair of tickets!

So it has been a long long time. I would not be shocked to see KG there, which will indicate that they are NOT going to retire his number. Ainge had said in an interview that he was ready to retire both, in fact, no one has worn #5 since he left. Hmmm. I wonder if it will ever happen
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Ticket prices are incredible.

I've been trying to get three.

Upper deck, section 300, and I'm still looking at over $500 per.

Ugh. May conflict with one of my sons basketball games anyway...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 am

Me too NY Celt. I went right online. There used to be a website just for the season's ticket holders where they could sell their tickets if they could not or didn't want to go to a game. That is gone now and ticketmaster handles the resale of the tickets so the prices are out of control.

I have been to a few number retirements, but putting out close to 1500-2000 dollars is out of the question. I guess I will watch on television. Sad way for long time fans have no choices.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down