NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start

2 posters

Go down

NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start Empty NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start

Post by 112288 Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 am

NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start

WEEI

Ty Anderson

Despite seemingly agreeing on a massive blockbuster trade exactly one week ago, the gamesmanship and bad blood between the fierce Eastern Conference rival Celtics and Cavaliers has found a way to extend into the front offices, one NBA reporter believes.

Speaking with CSNNE’s Early Edition on Monday, ESPN’s Chris Haynes talked about the latest drama between the C’s and Cavaliers, which has left the Cavaliers asking the Celtics for further compensation in exchange for Kyrie Irving after a worrisome physical on guard Isaiah Thomas, one of four pieces sent to Cleveland in the trade, and mentioned how this doesn’t seem like a random move from the Cavaliers.

“Koby Altman, Cavaliers new general manager, is a shrewd guy,” Haynes said. “I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the plan of attack all along with how they’re doing this.”

Reportedly demanding Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, or an additional first-round pick from the Celtics -- a move that would make it a five-for-one swap for the 25-year-old Irving -- Haynes made it a point to mention how the Cavs knew more about Thomas’ injured hip, which knocked him out of their Eastern Conference Finals matchup against the Celtics last May, than they’ve let on with these recent demands.

“I wouldn’t put it past them,” Haynes reaffirmed. “I don’t know for sure. But everybody pretty much knew that it was going to be a difficult task in trying to pass Isaiah. The Cavaliers knew that. I just wouldn’t be surprised, I’ll leave it at that.”

But even as Cleveland’s rookie general manager tries to pull a fast one on Celtics president Danny Ainge, and with just a few days left to make this deal official before it falls apart (barring an extension from both sides), Haynes doesn’t believe that this will end with everyone returning to the team they called their own before this time last week.

“I don’t think so,” Haynes said when asked if he believes this deal could fall apart entirely.

That's because it's obviously impossible for Irving to return to Cleveland given his beef with LeBron James, and you can now make the case that it would be just as impossible for Thomas to return to Boston and simply forgive and forget, especially with the way he's reportedly felt in the immediate aftermath of this deal.

“If I’m looking at this from Boston’s perspective, I think they need this deal to get done," acknowledged Haynes. "It would be a very awkward situation to bring Isaiah back after how everything went down. Isaiah was definitely devastated with how things unfolded.

“I don’t think this trade gets vetoed. I don’t either side can afford this trade to go away.”

Back to top Go down

NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start Empty Re: NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start

Post by 112288 Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:47 am

SOMETHING I POSTED ON SUNDAY.....................NOW SOMETHING VERY CLOSE POSTED IN THIS NEWS ARTICLE!

Re: Cavs shooting for moon as extra trade compensation from Celtics

HERE IS MY TAKE.

CLEVELAND TOLD THE DOCTOR TO RAISE QUESTIONS ABOUT IT SO AS TO MUDDY THE WATER AND TRY TO SWEETEN THE DEAL!

MY FRIENDS, DON'T PUT IT PAST THE OWNER OF CLEVELAND TO TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!  IF YOU THINK NOT, YOU ARE LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD!

DANNY SHOULD CALL HIS BLUFF AND WALK AWAY!

Back to top Go down

NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start Empty Re: NBA reporter 'wouldn't be surprised' if Cavs planned this drama from start

Post by sinus007 Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:34 am

Hi,
The above article, IMO, is one more indication that Danny's been prepared for this drama.
Unfortunately, his counterpart, Koby, will be fighting to the very end because he is against a wall and on the other side he's facing Gilbert with his finger on a trigger of sub-machine gun.
One more day and we can switch our full attention to who's going to be #15 on Celtics roster.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down