Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever...

3 posters

Go down

Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever... Empty Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever...

Post by Matty Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 am

I landed I'm boston about 1 30 am and have an afternoon/evening to kill today and a morning to kill tomorrow before the game.

This whole trip has been back and forth in happening or not happening till about 6 last night. But I'm finely in Boston and only have plans to visit some ancestors who came over on mayflower  and finnish up the night at a bar.

I'm sorry I couldn't plan for any party like I'd suggested a few months ago but if anyone has some time to kill let me know. I'll check in throughout the day.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever... Empty Re: Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever...

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:52 pm

Matty, so sorry, I had no idea you were coming to town.
But.....I certainly hope you had a good visit with your ancestors, keep a record of it all so you can share with all of us on line here. I am sure we will be thrilled hear all about your big trip.

Next time, we should all plan to meet in Boston as we all need a good laugh or two, especially after this game today!!!

Safe travel home!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever... Empty Re: Didn't work out like I hoped/planned... howsoever...

Post by Matty Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:09 am

Rosalie, 
 I'd had plans to be in Boston for months and brought it up on the board a while ago but my wife and I have had a lot going on between traveling for work,  stress of a new job for me, her company being restructured (good company news/an unknown for us), health scares on both sides of the family,  some health issues for me, then her getting real sick with a viral infection, our plane left for Boston at 10 Friday night and when I got off at 7 I wasn't positive I was coming. She had decided to not come a bit earlier in the day due to being ill.

Still it was a great trip all things considered.  For a trip that was almost cancelled a dozen times it seemed I still ended up having fun. 

In Plymouth Visited the memorials  for Edward Doty (our family name- but we  spell it "right") and Richard Warren who both came over on the mayflower,  which was very humbling to consider- the life those people endured here allowed me to exist.. wow. 

Anyhow got to both # 6s statue which I found while walking towards Reds statue. I'd actually meant to go to Reds first then go find Russels. 

Then visited the Paul Revere house. 

Watched my first hockey game at Sully Tap on Sat. night. Got to see my Celtics play at home, a 30 year old dream come true!

Watched the last part of the Patriots game at the airport and for the first time in my life cheered for the Patriots with the crowd! Usually as a Celtics or Pats fan I'm out numbered.

But I got to see the banners hanging from the rafters today (actualy for last 7 minutes yesterday) and even though I did not get to see any of the folks from the board or Gino dance, it was an amazing experience. 

The next time I'm back, and it will be soon, I really hope a lot of us can get together. And that my wife can make it, those were the only downers for the trip, other than the final score.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 am

Matty next time you visit Boston count on it we’re all getting together!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down