What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN?

+14
steve3344
red16russ11
Matty
hawksnestbeach
mrkleen09
wideclyde
dboss
swish
cowens/oldschool
kdp59
worcester
bobheckler
BleedGreen
fierce
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN? Empty What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN?

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:36 am

Here's an article from celticslife.
http://www.celticslife.com/2017/09/if-chicago-does-buyout-with-dwyane-wade.html

If Chicago does a buyout with Dwyane Wade, could he end up in Boston?

Although the Celtics were eliminated by the Cleveland Cavaliers in five games, they are fresh off a 53-win season, which was good enough for the best record in the Eastern Conference. With the addition of Gordon Hayward, the Celtics are one of the few teams in the East that is capable of giving the Cavs a run for their money.

Adding Wade to the mix won’t necessarily help the Celts leapfrog over the Cavs, but at least Wade would be playing for a ball club that is primed for another deep postseason run.

Don't think Danny is not at least pondering this. This is the reason he has not yet filled that final roster spot. He feels there is no hurry, and he can wait for players that are bought out or waived by other teams.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN? Empty Re: What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN?

Post by BleedGreen Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 am

What a silly article.

The 15th roster spot is almost certainly going to be filled by opening night.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN? Empty Re: What you guys think of Dwyane Wade in GREEN?

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am

BleedGreen wrote:What a silly article.

There is no rule that says the 15th spot must be filled by opening night.

Teams can start the season with a roster of 13 or 14 players.

The writer of that article would laugh if he learned that someone who didn't know the Celts owned IT's Bird rights said his article is silly.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:04 am

fierce wrote:

The writer of that article would laugh if he learned that someone who didn't know the Celts owned IT's Bird rights said his article is silly.

How immature. Grow up and practice being convivial.

Last edited by BleedGreen on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 am

The author would laugh harder if he heard you say the Celtics HAD TO trade Morris as part of the Jae/IT trade (they were never trading BOTH Jae and Morris!) then laugh even harder if he heard justification for that false claim being that the Celtics had "too many SF's" when Stevens doesn't even use that position label. Ouch.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:17 am

BleedGreen wrote:
fierce wrote:

How immature. What are you 12?

If I'm 12 you must be 11.

The purpose of this thread is to ask Celtic fans here how they feel about Wade becoming a Celtic.

This thread is not about whether the article is silly or not.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

fierce wrote:
BleedGreen wrote:
fierce wrote:

How immature. What are you 12?

If I'm 12 you must be 11.

The purpose of this thread is to ask Celtic fans here how they feel about Wade becoming a Celtic.

This thread is not about whether the article is silly or not.

So, this has come down to arguing about who graduates from elementary school first?  Please, spare the rest of us...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:30 am

bob

How do you feel about Dwyane Wade in a Celtic uniform?
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 am

Instead of a big? No.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm

I read the article. It was silly. I stated my opinion.

If Wade is bought out the Celtics would be somewhere between 5th-7th on his list of preferred destinations to play in my opinion. There is a chance, but a very small one.

And the idea that they need to keep an open roster spot to get him is equally silly. If they were to use the open roster spot on a more needed big man (or even sentimental choice Tony Allen) and Wade wanted to come here, the C's could simply waive or trade Nader and then sign him. It wouldn't change the amount of cash they would be able to give Wade.

The Cavs started last season with 15 men on their roster and somehow, after Deron Williams, Bogut and Derrick Williams were waived they still were able to roster juggle and add all 3 of them.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Good points BG. Where there's a willing owner there's a way in today's NBA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:42 pm

fierce wrote:bob

Fierce,

I've been saying all along we need another big, so I'm sticking with that.

Our back court shooting isn't all that good, however.  We have Kyrie to replace IT but TRozier is not a high percentage shooter, neither is Smart (a textbook understatement).  Larkin is ok, but he's not a high-volume shooter neither.  Who knows what Brown, who will be playing more back court this year, will be.  So, we don't have a pure 2nd shooter in the back court.  I'm just not sure a 36 year old player with notoriously problematic knees and who was struggling on defense last year is the answer.

I'd take "Steady Eddie" Brandon Bass back.  Only $1.5M, knows Brad's system, can play small-ball 5, is money from the elbow extended and can rebound as well as anybody.  What would the Lakers be willing to part with him for?  Probably a song, sung in the key of a 2nd round pick.  I want depth at big and I want rebounding.  Shot blocking/rim protection would be nice but unless we're talking about bringing back 54 year old Hakeem Olajuwon I don't think we can afford someone who can do all those things so I'll take Bass-o-matic.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:
fierce wrote:bob

Fierce,

I've been saying all along we need another big, so I'm sticking with that.

Our back court shooting isn't all that good, however.  We have Kyrie to replace IT but TRozier is not a high percentage shooter, neither is Smart (a textbook understatement).  Larkin is ok, but he's not a high-volume shooter neither.  Who knows what Brown, who will be playing more back court this year, will be.  So, we don't have a pure 2nd shooter in the back court.  I'm just not sure a 36 year old player with notoriously problematic knees and who was struggling on defense last year is the answer.

I'd take "Steady Eddie" Brandon Bass back.  Only $1.5M, knows Brad's system, can play small-ball 5, is money from the elbow extended and can rebound as well as anybody.  What would the Lakers be willing to part with him for?  Probably a song, sung in the key of a 2nd round pick.  I want depth at big and I want rebounding.  Shot blocking/rim protection would be nice but unless we're talking about bringing back 54 year old Hakeem Olajuwon I don't think we can afford someone who can do all those things so I'll take Bass-o-matic.

bob

Right now I'm not yet concerned about the bigs because I first want to see Baynes and Theis play for 20 games.

I'm more concerned about Tatum and Jaylen getting less playing time if Ainge signs Wade.

I also think it's not a good fit.
So Ainge should pass on Wade.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 pm

I think Bass signed overseas Bob.

he was a UFA this year.

here it is:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/brandon-bass-heads-to-china/

China means he may be available to get on the roster in time for the playoff push , however.

BTW, Zeller is still there........ Very Happy

oh yeah and contrary to some rumors I am NOT Zellers agent!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by BleedGreen Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Wade isn't that much better a shooter than Rozier anymore.
BleedGreen
BleedGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

BleedGreen wrote:Notice how fierce makes sure not to tell us how HE feels about Wade in green.

He only says, "don't think Danny hasn't at least pondered this" (duh) and then personally attacked me for saying THE ARTICLE was silly.

Bleed,

You may have been writing this when fierce was posting his response to me but he says that he thinks that DWade would be a bad fit here and Danny should pass on him. So, in the end, you two agree on what should, or should not, be done with DWade.

Having said this, let's let this go. At this point it's all heat and very, very little light.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

kdp59 wrote:I think Bass signed overseas Bob.

he was a UFA this year.

here it is:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/brandon-bass-heads-to-china/

China means he may be available to get on the roster in time for the playoff push , however.

BTW, Zeller is still there........ Very Happy

oh yeah and contrary to some rumors I am NOT Zellers agent!!

kdp,

You're right, I missed that.

I probably shouldn't be as down on Zeller as I am but he's soft on rebounding, soft on rim protection, soft on defense and doesn't dunk the ball from 2' away. Other than that he's the 2nd coming of Dave Cowens...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Lmao off Bob, accurate analogy!!

Other than being 7 ft tall, Zeller lacks pretty much everything you need in a 5.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Other than filling the 15th spot on the roster with a buy out with outstanding past nba numbers - I wouldn't expect to get a player that would be a significant contributor - a lot of ink about low expectations in my opinion.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 pm

swish wrote:Other than filling the 15th spot on the roster with a buy out with outstanding past nba numbers - I wouldn't expect to get a player that would be a significant contributor - a lot of ink about low expectations in my opinion.

swish

swish,

For the most part, I agree. Some of this is just the summer blahs, there's no actual hoop to talk about, not for another 2 weeks or so.

Where 15th men come in handy is when they are a prodigy who needs to be be insulated a bit and not just thrown into the fire (think Gerald Green in 2006) or when we are thin at one position. I believe we are thin at big, some disagree with that, but that is where having a quality (or, at least, a talented reclamation project) 15th player on the roster might be more of an impact player than his spot on the bench might suggest. What if Horford goes down for any amount of time? Our bigs would be Baynes and NBA rookie 6'9" Theis. Or even if it was Baynes who went down the question would still be the same, "who would be our 2nd big off the bench?" Whomever it is had better be up to playing 10mpg when either of the remaining two bigs have foul problems or injuries that hamper them as well. You do not want to play a lot of games where opposing coaches know we have to play small-ball because we have no choice, not unless you are phenomenally gifted like GSW.

We don't have a 7'er. It's like being back in the '60s, all we need are the tie dyed shirts.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:06 pm

bobheckler wrote:
swish wrote:Other than filling the 15th spot on the roster with a buy out with outstanding past nba numbers - I wouldn't expect to get a player that would be a significant contributor - a lot of ink about low expectations in my opinion.

swish

swish,

For the most part, I agree.  Some of this is just the summer blahs, there's no actual hoop to talk about, not for another 2 weeks or so.

Where 15th men come in handy is when they are a prodigy who needs to be be insulated a bit and not just thrown into the fire (think Gerald Green in 2006) or when we are thin at one position.  I believe we are thin at big, some disagree with that, but that is where having a quality (or, at least, a talented reclamation project) 15th player on the roster might be more of an impact player than his spot on the bench might suggest.  What if Horford goes down for any amount of time?  Our bigs would be Baynes and NBA rookie 6'9" Theis.  Or even if it was Baynes who went down the question would still be the same, "who would be our 2nd big off the bench?"  Whomever it is had better be up to playing 10mpg when either of the remaining two bigs have foul problems or injuries that hamper them as well.  You do not want to play a lot of games where opposing coaches know we have to play small-ball because we have no choice, not unless you are phenomenally gifted like GSW.

We don't have a 7'er.  It's like being back in the '60s, all we need are the tie dyed shirts.

bob

bob

There's always room to consider having to deal with the "what ifs" of the sporting world - that's for sure.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 pm

I prefer what Ainge did in 2008 when he signed PJ Brown after the trade deadline in Feb.

Right now there's really no need to rush in signing anyone.

Back in 2008, Doc made do with Powe, Big Baby, and Pollard for most of the season then added PJ Brown for the playoffs.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Bogut seems to be the best big out there that could actually play and contribute, surprised he's still out there, hope we can sign him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Bogut seems to be the best big out there that could actually play and contribute, surprised he's still out there, hope we can sign him.

He's still out there because he's still recovering from that leg injury.

Celts had contact with Bogut's camp last Aug. 25.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:49 pm

fierce wrote:Here's an article from celticslife.
http://www.celticslife.com/2017/09/if-chicago-does-buyout-with-dwyane-wade.html

If Chicago does a buyout with Dwyane Wade, could he end up in Boston?

Although the Celtics were eliminated by the Cleveland Cavaliers in five games, they are fresh off a 53-win season, which was good enough for the best record in the Eastern Conference. With the addition of Gordon Hayward, the Celtics are one of the few teams in the East that is capable of giving the Cavs a run for their money.

Adding Wade to the mix won’t necessarily help the Celts leapfrog over the Cavs, but at least Wade would be playing for a ball club that is primed for another deep postseason run.

Don't think Danny is not at least pondering this. This is the reason he has not yet filled that final roster spot. He feels there is no hurry, and he can wait for players that are bought out or waived by other teams.

The very thought of Wade in green makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next