+2
gyso
babyskyhook
6 posters

Go down

Lakers fans predictions on Cs-Cavs Empty Lakers fans predictions on Cs-Cavs

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 am

guys-

thought you would find this interesting.

On my Laker board, which is a fairly small group, about the size of Sam's, I just noticeed a poll with predictions for the Cs-Cavs and have posted below.

The guys on my board are pretty knowledgeable and unbiased, and we like the way the Cs stack up:

Cavs vs Celtics, Who wins the series?
Poll ends on 05/07/2010

Cavs in 4: 0 votes
Celtics in 4: 0 votes
Cavs in 5: 2 votes
Celtics in 5: 0 votes
Cavs in 6: 5 votes
Celtics in 6: 13 votes
Cavs in 7: 5 votes
Celtics in 7: 6 votes

That's a 19-12 total in favor of the Cs, with Cs in 6 by far getting the most votes.

So the "experts" at the worldwide leader might be down on the Cs but the fans of your biggest rival aren't.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Lakers fans predictions on Cs-Cavs Empty Re: Lakers fans predictions on Cs-Cavs

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 am

On this board is there a way to prevent one person from voting multiple times?

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue May 04, 2010 10:19 am

tjmakz wrote:On this board is there a way to prevent one person from voting multiple times?

tj,

There is just one vote per username for polls on this board, to the best of my knowledge. I don't see where there is any place to change that setting. Once you vote, the forum takes you to the results screen. The voting screen is no longer available to you after you vote once.

There are settings that you can make during the creation of the poll. Multiple choice poll, the ability for a member to remove their own vote, stuff like that. If you can remove your vote, perhaps you can re-vote, I don't know because nobody has allowed it as an option.

Most of the polls made so far are simple "pick one" type polls.

As a Trial User, you can create a poll. It is not too hard to do, I've made a couple. I think the limit is 10 choices to vote on. As the creator of the poll, you should be able to Edit it if you want to tweak it a little after you post it.

Give it a try, if just to see what the setable options are. You can always leave it unposted if you want. Just leave the screen (press Home or the Lucky logo) instead of pressing Send. Beware, if you leave the screen without Sending, any work you have done will be lost.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 am

gyso,

Thank you for the information. I didn't do a good job in making my question very clear. I was referring to bsh's comment about the poll on the Lakers board.
I am pretty sure that on bdc you can keep voting on a poll, thus the numbers are inaccurate/worthless. Almsot like how the same few Allen Iverson fans that must have spent a day voting on nba.com, thus him winning a starting position in this past All-Star game.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

bsh,

What I find interesting in this poll is that more Laker fans (on that forum) have the Celtics winning in 7 than the Cavs in 7 despite the fact that the Cavs will be playing at home for game 7.

Usually, on a close-out game, like Celtics in 6 or Cavs in 7, you would give the nod to the home team. Not those people.

Well, for what it's worth, they are all 100% accurate in their predictions so far, since nobody predicted this series in 4.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 2:13 pm

tjmakz wrote:gyso,

Thank you for the information. I didn't do a good job in making my question very clear. I was referring to bsh's comment about the poll on the Lakers board.
I am pretty sure that on bdc you can keep voting on a poll, thus the numbers are inaccurate/worthless. Almsot like how the same few Allen Iverson fans that must have spent a day voting on nba.com, thus him winning a starting position in this past All-Star game.

tj- unlike the trolls who haunt the bdc while living n their parents' basements, the Laker fans on my board all have lives. That's why I like my board it's small and controlled- not a zoo like Lakersground.

Plus, I wouldn't waste people's time here with something that was meaningless.

One person - one vote. End of story.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 2:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:bsh,

What I find interesting in this poll is that more Laker fans (on that forum) have the Celtics winning in 7 than the Cavs in 7 despite the fact that the Cavs will be playing at home for game 7.

Usually, on a close-out game, like Celtics in 6 or Cavs in 7, you would give the nod to the home team. Not those people.

Well, for what it's worth, they are all 100% accurate in their predictions so far, since nobody predicted this series in 4.

bob

bob-

I can't speak for those guys, as I thnk the formula is for the Cs to take one on theroad and then hold serve at home, closing it out in 6.

If I'm guessing, I'd say the guys who took Cs in 7 like the way the Cs perform under pressure than the way Mo Williams, et al will perform under pressure.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue May 04, 2010 2:39 pm

babyskyhook wrote:
tjmakz wrote:gyso,

tj- unlike the trolls who haunt the bdc while living n their parents' basements, the Laker fans on my board all have lives. That's why I like my board it's small and controlled- not a zoo like Lakersground.

Plus, I wouldn't waste people's time here with something that was meaningless.

One person - one vote. End of story.
babysky,
It's an interesting poll, I can think of a few areas of possible bias. It's possible that the Laker fans would rather go up against the Celtics, because of the rivalry and a possible rematch or that Laker fans dislike Cleveland even more than Boston or would find that match up with the Lakers less interesting. But barring those, it is interesting. Any general consensus on the reasoning?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue May 04, 2010 2:53 pm

bsk

A thought.

Please this is me talking and certainly not the entire board. So take no offense by this. I really don't care how we win or whom we play to get there. I know there have been many overtures of friendship on here between the C's and the Lakers and thats fine and enjoyable, but me personally I hoped the Lakers would lose in the first round. Now I hope you lose in the second. I just have a strong dislike for the lakers and always want them to lose whenever they play, sort of like the Yankees in baseball. Knowing full well they will win many more than they lose dosn't really matter. I still hope they do lose.

Please this is nothing personal against you or any laker fans. And I really wonder how many Laker fans feel the same way about us? Quite a few I suppose.

We both have no control over who wins or loses anyway, and I'm sure you would be happy as a lark winning another title regardless of whom it's against as would I, and yes beating your arch rival might add a little to it but I just want the ring period.

Perhaps a collision course again is in the stars. Who knows at this point.

And it would not surprise me that the Lakers (fans) can't stand Bron anymore than us too and want us to win for that reason alone!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue May 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Sky

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I know in our off board talks you felt pretty strong that we hadda shot and Cleve was beatable.

I am still in happy shock over Sheed.

Hope to see you cats waiting for us in the finals. My guess is cleve will come back at us hard and mean. I think the next game will be brutal but I also think we can PLAY them into losing their composure.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

jeb65 wrote:Sky

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I know in our off board talks you felt pretty strong that we hadda shot and Cleve was beatable.

I am still in happy shock over Sheed.

Hope to see you cats waiting for us in the finals. My guess is cleve will come back at us hard and mean. I think the next game will be brutal but I also think we can PLAY them into losing their composure.

Jeb
Jeb,
As I said to cowens, on the extremely offhand chance that trashing him (sheed) improves his game in the cosmic scheme of things, take another shot at him, why don't ya?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

lacelt

THAT DAMN SHEED COST US EVERY GAME WE LOST THIS YEAR AND HE DROVE THE HOUSING MARKET DOWN! HE'S THE WORST PLAYER EVER!

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Sheed is behind string warts bad breath and most shark attacks.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 6:42 pm

With Sheeds temperment and chompers I do think he is responsible for the shark attacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 9:33 pm

LACelt and beat-

the poll I posted was a poll of what the guys on my board think will happen. Not what we want to happen. That poll might look substantially different, as I know a few of the guys who are predicting a Cs win would prefer to see them lose. This poll was just what a group of basketball fans thought of the matchup.

I think most are picking the Cs because we like the matchups at 4 of the 5 positions and like the intestinal fortitude of the Cs versus some of the bed-wetters like Mo Williams.

As far as what we would want to see happen, I would like to see the Cs win b/c I know it would make the guys on his board happy and b/c I can't stand James and Varejao, whereas I have a lot of respect for the Big Three.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue May 04, 2010 9:35 pm

beat-

ps: nothing personal taken.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue May 04, 2010 9:40 pm

bsk

Thanks, I figured you would understand.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Wed May 05, 2010 2:17 am

jeb65 wrote:Sheed is behind string warts bad breath and most shark attacks.
Thanks jeb for taking one for the club.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down