Power Rankings updated

3 posters

Go down

Power Rankings updated Empty Power Rankings updated

Post by dboss Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21351221/nba-power-rankings-our-expert-panel-unveils-rankings-week-5

Celtics remain at #3. GS is 1 and Houston is 2

I think Boston is a better team than Houston

The other surprise team in the East is in Detroit. They play on the 27th in Boston. Detroit is #5

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Power Rankings updated Empty Re: Power Rankings updated

Post by dboss Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Yesterday the Power Rankings came out (ESPN) and officially put Boston at # 1

Gs came in at 2, Huston at 3 and the Spurs at 4.

It is a long season still ahead but regardless of the rankings, Boston is a contender.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:55 pm

What's crazy is that they favor the Celtics in 59 of their remaining 64 games, now predict them to win 61.5 games this season (should you take the over or the under on the .5 win?) and yet, still, only give them a 15.6% chance of winning it all.

If we have the best record in the NBA at the end of the season that means we have homecourt throughout the playoffs including the Finals.  We've beaten GSW at home already.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Thanks for the update. I too like the power rankings. Thankfully the so-called pros get it wrong as often as fan bloggers, so no one should be shy handing out grades. No one ever knows for sure.

It was like Barkley giving us no chance to beat Golden State. I was like, thanks Charlie. No need to watch the game. It's already been decided.

One of these days when I claim an easy win for the Celtics in the game on thread, it's going to come back to haunt me. It will become my fault the streak ended, not Smart's.

My Big Mistakes So Far
I thought Cleveland and Washington would be doing worse. Memphis looked good until they didn't. Indiana has come out of nowhere to show proficiency at mediocrity.

I was ahead of the curve giving props to the Knicks. It looks like my gut instinct on Oklahoma as mediocre turned out correct, at least so far. I had the Clippers as a lottery team, but I never expected them to be bottom of the barrel.

The problem with power rankings is that things can change. I think Memphis lost Conley. I don't know how bad he's hurt, yet that ruined my giving Memphis props.

I don't believe in Washington. I also don't believe in Houston, but they are a top five team and perhaps the best for regular season. The Celtics somehow have little breathing room despite winning 16 in a row.

I'm hoping this is our bad rut, one in which we are still winning games. I'm thinking 66 wins like in 2008 as long as Brad gets more out of the rotation. It's not just Marcus Smart. The whole bench is starting to wilt.

It is making the games more interesting.

Just start Baynes. Memphis used to be the only team giving GS any fears. That was a couple years ago. They went big.

Put Morris on the bench. Let him exert himself that way. If he has a problem not starting, then he's a problem. Otherwise, I don't understand Brad sometimes. One year he went with Zeller and Lee for starting bigs. Right after the Rondo trade, he was all over the map rotating five bigs into four roles.

I don't like the dropoffs I'm seeing in Smart's shooting and minutes for Theis and Baynes. I don't like what's happened to Rozier's shooting. That was one of his top skills. He's shooting almost as badly as Smart. Or if we are going to let someone volume jack it up from the bench, get Rozer and Morris as better options. Larkin is shooting badly. Yet again people are asking for the lid to be removed.

It's interesting because we keep winning nonetheless. I liked the game in which Brown and Tatum were making authoritative moves and dunks. Cowens kept rattling off names. Dr. J. Dominique Wilkins.

The schedule is not tough at all. I looked and it is towards the last part of season where we will be challenged.

Brad's look said it all when we fell behind early yet again. He looked baffled.

We might need Kyrie to Kome-ball us to a win here and there.

It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds including Danny moves. This is a great season as long as there aren't more injuries and Hayward fully recovers.

We are lucky to follow one of the better and more interesting teams.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down