Too Good For His Own Good?

3 posters

Go down

Too Good For His Own Good? Empty Too Good For His Own Good?

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

Tom Westerholm‏Verified account 

[ltr]@Tom_NBA[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@Tom_NBA[/ltr]

More
Danny Ainge’s strategy of keeping his good assets until someone offers too much for them is actually in fact good.

Too Good For His Own Good? DOwyO_nWkAAubPX

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Too Good For His Own Good? Empty Re: Too Good For His Own Good?

Post by gyso Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:03 pm

Maybe the big egos of other GMs could lead them to try to win a trade with Danny.

There's always two sides to any coin.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 pm

Danny fleeced Brooklyn, but his consistency in fleecing other teams since the main "blow it up" trade probably wouldn't have worked out so well if Brad Stevens wasn't the coach.

I am interested in any insights people might have concerning the salary cap and luxury tax. Brown and Tatum are working out very well, but future young guys will probably need a lot more time to make leaps. It took Rozier quite a bit of time.

Danny was extremely clever adding on Baynes, Theis and Morris.

Ainge doesn't need to fleece anyone again at this point. He needs to look at what happened with Oklahoma losing Harden and what Golden State might be doing over the next two years and learn from those situations.

I think Danny has gotten much better at figuring out which guys to give the big money to. Horford seemed a stretch, but now he is playing up there with the greats. Irving is a proven great player. Hayward, we'll have to wait to see how his career proceeds.

I trust Danny a lot more now. The Stevens' Effect might also apply to himself. Brad Stevens has turned Danny into a better GM.

When Danny is ready to retire, Stevens should become the GM-Coach like Red did it. Parcells said a coach might like to buy the groceries. It's great that Brad and Danny seem to click so well. Danny and Doc always appeared to be on different pages.

It used to seem that NBA coaches weren't that important. I think we are witnessing cutting edge change with Boston leading the way into the unknown future.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down