Streaks.. or, yeah we like to win a lot now and again.

2 posters

Go down

Streaks.. or, yeah we like to win a lot now and again. Empty Streaks.. or, yeah we like to win a lot now and again.

Post by Matty Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 am

I woke up this morning and was wondering how much longer the winning will continue and then saw an article about winning streaks of the Celtics past.  

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/18/boston-celtics-longest-winning-streaks#/

What's interesting is when we win more than 15 games in a row we win a title that year 50% of the time. 

Also of note, only 28 teams have ever won 16 or more games in a row,  15 of those teams went on to win the title that year.  

Also of note, of those 28 teams, the Celtics, Lakers and Spurs are each on the list 4 times. For 12 out of 28 teams being from one of those franchises. Another win for the current lineup  give the franchise a spot atop the entire league. 

Obviously the overall value to us of a win streak on its own is just behind the importance of an Atlantic division banner. But it's still an interesting  couple of facts.

Ultimately the only win streak I care about will be in June and it involves the very last game of the season. If we walk out of that game with just a single game win streak I will be delighted.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Streaks.. or, yeah we like to win a lot now and again. Empty Re: Streaks.. or, yeah we like to win a lot now and again.

Post by NYCelt Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Matty,

Interesting stats!

Nice post.

I'm especially with you on that last line.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down