Go down

Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett Empty Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Maine Red Claws‏Verified account 

[ltr]@maineredclaws[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@maineredclaws[/ltr]

More
BREAKING: Red Claws trade for former #1 overall pick @AnthonyBennett Details: http://maine.gleague.nba.com/news/red-claws-trade-anthony-bennett/ … #CrustaceanNation

Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett DSJo9RQUQAAqQs3

bob
MY NOTE: AKA "El Busto". Is this part of Danny's "Master Secret Plan"? He upgrades one of the two-way players, Bird or Allen, to a full NBA contract, gets Bennett trained on Brad's playbook in Maine and then, if he works out, offers Bennett the now available two-way contract and keeps him on the back burner in case he can't get whom he wants with the DPE and then uses him in the playoffs for an additional rebounder?   Two way players get to spend up to 45 days with the NBA club.  We're just about halfway through the season (1/3/18, I believe, is the halfway mark for us).  Marcus Morris' knee must be starting to give Danny some serious agita. 

Yeah, I know, pretty crazy, huh? Almost as crazy as Marcus Thornton for a 5'9" point guard drafted dead last, or trading Rajon Rondo for a bunch of spare parts including Jae Crowder or signing Shane Larkin back from Spain after he couldn't cut it in Dallas, NY Knicks and Brooklyn.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett Empty Re: Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett

Post by wideclyde Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Bob,

Your thoughts on what Ainge may have planned for the possible use for Bennett are very interesting, and may or not be spot on. Only time will tell.

If Stevens is the builder of players, as we all have seen, he will be more than challenged by Mr. Bennett.

I would say that if Bennett shows up at any time in Cs green and Stevens gets some time with him that turns this guy into any/some level of NBA success that Stevens should receive the coach of the century award.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett Empty Re: Red Claws Trade For Anthony Bennett

Post by NYCelt Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 pm

I think this is just to help Maine.

Bennett can still be called up by any NBA team and is still technically a free agent. Doesn't give Boston much certainty he'll be there if needed.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/12/brad_stevens_boston_celtics_wi_5.html

Brad Stevens: Boston Celtics will get close look at Anthony Bennett now that he's with Maine Red Claws

Updated 4:35 PM; Posted 4:35 PM

By Jay King
mjking@masslive.com

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens said his team will get a close look at former No. 1 overall draft pick Anthony Bennett now that he has been traded to the Maine Red Claws. 

The Celtics' G League affiliate acquired Bennett on Thursday. Though the big man has never proven himself as an NBA-level player, it was an intriguing move considering he was selected atop the 2013 NBA Draft. 

"I think the biggest thing is that it's a great opportunity for the player, first and foremost," Stevens said Thursday night before hosting the Houston Rockets. "We all know that the G-League is being evaluated every day by every team's scouts. So regardless for your organization or for the other 29, it's a good thing for the player.

"Then, for us, it's great because it gives us a chance to coach guys and be around guys and learn about guys that you don't know as much about until you're really around them and coaching them. (Red Claws head coach) Brandon Bailey  -- we look at Brandon and Alex (Barlow) and their staff as part of our staff. We're in constant contact with those guys, they do what we do, it's a real benefit I think."

Despite landing in Maine, Bennett could be a real long shot to end up on the Celtics this season. The team has an open roster spot, but has more pressing needs than at backup big. And Bennett has been unproductive over parts of four seasons. The big man was waived last season by the Brooklyn Nets, who are trying desperately to mine young talent.

Still, Bennett had enough talent to be selected No. 1 overall less than five years ago. If there's anything still there, the Red Claws will try to pull it out, and the Celtics will hear all about it. 

bob
MY NOTE:  Apparently I'm not as crazy as my exes tell me I am...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down