kdp59
bobheckler
dboss
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Talk to the hand Empty Talk to the hand

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Do you think the Celtics will provide more details on how Marcus managed to cut his hand on glass at the team hotel resulting in stitches and missing the Clippers game?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/01/25/marcus-smarts-hand-laceration-boston-celtics-nba/

I have heard some salacious rumors about this.  I do not know them to be true.  So here it is and you can take it for what it is worth.  

Rumor has it that Marcus was involved in an altercation.  Rumor has it that he flew two females out to LA for the game.  One of those females is rumored to be pregnant with his child.  The other female was a friend of hers.  An altercation ensued because Marcus was at the hotel with another chick.  

It will be interesting to hear what explanation that the Celtics put forth.  Brad was careful not to disclose the cause of the hand injury.  I thought he was less than candid.  These players have a right to privacy when it comes to their personal lives but when something out of the ordinary occurs in their personal lives that prevent a player from playing or sheds a negative light on the Celtics brand then it becomes a story.  Again not knowing if this story is true it does remind me of that incident that Jared Sullinger had with his girlfriend a few years back.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Talk to the hand Empty Re: Talk to the hand

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:46 am

Adam Kaufman

Verified account

@AdamMKaufman
12h12 hours ago
More
According to a source, while the #Celtics remain out west on their road trip, Marcus Smart is back in Boston. He flew home from LA this evening, with his right arm in a sling. Seemingly he’ll miss the rest of the trip.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am

Marcus Smart has flown home to Boston and will likely miss the rest of the road trip.

They are still "investigating" how it happened?  What's the problem?  Is the key witness/victim not cooperating?  Isn't he talking?

He took a controversial final shot vs the Lakers.  He missed it.  He's an extremely competitive person.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:59 am

My guess is that he was sent home. Sounds to me like a disciplinary action by the Celtics.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:02 am

This ain't the Russian probe.

At this point the Celtics know what happened.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:30 pm

damn hookers!!

Twisted Evil
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:48 pm

dboss wrote:My guess is that he was sent home.  Sounds to me like a disciplinary action by the Celtics.

dboss

dboss,

A disciplinary action that suspends him for half a road trip, with the next game a BIG game vs GSW?!  That would have to be some serious malfeasance, like Smart getting into a screaming fight with Brad.  Just don't see that.  Besides, he got stitches at a local hospital, wouldn't that be verifiable?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:My guess is that he was sent home.  Sounds to me like a disciplinary action by the Celtics.

dboss

dboss,

A disciplinary action that suspends him for half a road trip, with the next game a BIG game vs GSW?!  That would have to be some serious malfeasance, like Smart getting into a screaming fight with Brad.  Just don't see that.  Besides, he got stitches at a local hospital, wouldn't that be verifiable?

bob

According to nbcsports- Boston, he returned home for more tests on his hand. This may be true but since the Celtics have yet to disclose what happened the facts of the injury remain in question.

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/smart-returns-boston-tests-hand
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

My guess is he was pissed about missing the game winning shot and punched a window or smashed a glass on the floor or something like that. I have seen no indication in recently past of any problems between Marcus and his teammates or coaches.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:My guess is he was pissed about missing the game winning shot and punched a window or smashed a glass on the floor or something like that.  I have seen no indication in recently past of any problems between Marcus and his teammates or coaches.

Kleen

We have seen situations where a player is pissed off and destroys the water cooler after a game. However apparently the injury happened the next afternoon. I doubt he decided to go nuts then. Something else must have triggered this. And then perhaps a culmination of things all came to the surface. It had to be more than missing the shot the night before.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 pm

kdp59 wrote:damn hookers!!

Twisted Evil

Laughing

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

https://vimeo.com/19301794

Bachelor Party - talk to the pimp
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:14 pm

dboss wrote:https://vimeo.com/19301794

dboss,

Now there's one I had forgotten.

"I just bet my balls, and shook on it."

Too funny!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

NYCelt wrote:
dboss wrote:https://vimeo.com/19301794

dboss,

Now there's one I had forgotten.

"I just bet my balls, and shook on it."

Too funny!

Regards

LMAO
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 pm

Smart had a fight with a picture frame

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/celtics_insider/2018/01/marcus_smart_embarrassed_by_hand_injury_that_will_keep_him
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:21 pm

marcus smart

Verified account

@smart_MS3
17m17 minutes ago
More
I want to take this time to express my sincerest apologies to my teammates, coaches, and most of all the amazing Boston Celtics fans. I'm embarrassed and disappointed in my actions. I swiped at and hit a picture frame on the wall. I feel like I let all y'all down

121 replies 343 retweets 935 likes
Reply 121 Retweet 343
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm

They are saying he will miss two weeks.

Still no word on what caused the altercation with the picture frame!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Marcus Smart Injury Update

By Boston Celtics |  @Celtics
Celtics.com

January 26, 2018

BOSTON, MA – Boston Celtics Guard Marcus Smart returned to Boston following right hand lacerations suffered from a non-basketball incident prior to Wednesday night’s game vs. the LA Clippers.

Following evaluation by Drs. Tony Schena and Drew Terono at New England Baptist Hospital, it was determined that Smart’s timeline for a return to action is approximately two weeks.

bob
MY NOTE:  Two weeks.  About the normal timeline for stitches to come out, so additional complications or damages.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 pm

He will miss 8 games. It is quite possible he will not put on the Celtics uniform again.

May be a good time to move him at the trading deadline. Celtics are not likely to make a long term investment in a guy that has temper tantrums.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:42 pm

dboss wrote:He will miss 8 games.  It is quite possible he will not put on the Celtics uniform again.

May be a good time to move him at the trading deadline.  Celtics are not likely to make a long term investment in a guy that has temper tantrums.

dboss

I was thinking that may be the case as well.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:02 pm

dboss wrote:
Kleen

We have seen situations where a player is pissed off and destroys the water cooler after a game.  However apparently the injury happened the next afternoon.  I doubt he decided to go nuts then.  Something else must have triggered this.  And then perhaps a culmination of things all came to the surface.  It had to be more than missing the shot the night before.  

dboss

Or it was exactly what I said.

Talk to the hand Screen15
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:08 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:
Kleen

We have seen situations where a player is pissed off and destroys the water cooler after a game.  However apparently the injury happened the next afternoon.  I doubt he decided to go nuts then.  Something else must have triggered this.  And then perhaps a culmination of things all came to the surface.  It had to be more than missing the shot the night before.  

dboss

No it wasn't.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 pm

dboss wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:
dboss wrote:
Kleen

dboss

No it wasn't.

Are you kidding?

I said he got mad after the game and punched something glass. That is what he did. How can you possibly claim otherwise - it is in black and white on his own Twiter account
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Kleen 

It looks more gray than black and white.  He said what supposedly happened but never said why.  The incident did not happen right after the game.  It was the next afternoon.  

He never said why he had a fight with the picture frame.  

There is more to this than meets the eye.  The timeline is not consistent with a post game reaction.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:43 pm

LOL.

So the next afternoon, before they played again doesnt qualify as post game?

Glad you have all the answers D.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next