Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/01/comments-from-other-side-warriors-12718.html

by FLCeltsFan

Celtics present a lot of problems, big, super athletic, Kyrie, super physical

And superior coaching

Would be a really tough finals. 

Smart is the sort of hard-nosed, physical defender that can cause Steph Curry problems. Translation – He grabs and holds like an octopus on the perimeter and gets away with it.

Celtics have been regressing pretty hard (by their standards), and are no longer looking like kings of the East. Tatum in particular has been having a rough go of it lately. But with the way they lock down on defense, and the coaching they have, they make for a really fun matchup with GS. I think we’ll see a really good game.

Has there been any news on Hayward? I looked around and didn't find any updates on his status He looked pretty good shooting the other day, though that doesn’t mean much. Could put them over the top in the East if he makes it back.

I’m actually hoping to see the Raptors in the finals (assuming we get there). I think that would be a fun matchup. I don’t think Celtics can best us in a seven game series, but they are built in the sort of way that makes me at least a little nervous.

The Warriors need a win tonight to avoid something that has never happened since Steve Kerr took over as Head Coach. If Boston wins, it would be the first sweep of a season series vs Golden State in that time frame.

[ltr]

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away O-bOWj6gXJHaoKaQ?format=jpg&name=small[/ltr]

Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away M3eYvIc-_normalWarriors on NBCS

✔️@NBCSWarriors

[ltr].@SteveKerr is "probable" for today's game Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away 1f602[/ltr]

4:11 PM - Jan 27, 2018

•  22 Replies

•  3838 Retweets

•  224224 likes

Lolz. He should join a hand laceration support group with Marcus Smart and Tom Brady.

Jaylen Brown already exceeding his scoring average after 1quarter...

That's why the Celtics are up. And it's not going to continue.

Any chance the guys can play in giant protective bubbles tonight? 

Oh great, Mark Jackson and JVG again 

Whats over and under for JVG complaining about "players cribbing about correctly called fouls and how they should be penalized for it"?

Nooo!! It’s the Two stooges calling the game on ABC  Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away 1f616  Time to pull out the earphones and stream 95.7. Such a g**d**n hassle…

Getting tired of Boston sports right about now Put the hurt on ‘em Dubs!

How come there are lots of Celtics fan in Bay Area? I remember last year hearing MVP calls for IT.

Maybe all the Laker hatred led to rooting for Boston? 

Don't let the Celtics get hot beyond the arc 

Looks like BS shooting fouls are going to be for the Celtics again 

Boston teams seem to always have the refs on their side

Tatum suddenly find his touch 

Holy crap, the refs called a foul on the Celtics 

If we don’t tighten up our defense, we are not going to win because their defense is legit..

Durant is ridiculous 

So is Kyrie Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away 1f61e 

Celtics making every single midrange jumper 

Celtics just making every single jumper 

Ive never seen Celtics score this much and not miss 

We do not match up well with the Celtics 

Whats going on? No 1 offense team has 24 pts No "lastish" offense team has 34 pts

Ahhh nothing like playing the warriors when you're struggling on offense 

C’s hot shooting is demoralizing the Dubs. They aren’t even hustling for rebounds.

Dubs are going to have to adjust to the very physical style of defense the Celtics play. They can't keep looking at the refs for help. The refs aren't going to bail us out; this is how the Celtics play.

Truth is.. Celtics are #1 in the East. Cavs suck on D. This game is the real deal.

Jalen Brown going HAM

I admire that guy. Always when I watch Celtics games, he gets some 20+ ptws on crazy efficiency and amazing defense but noone talks much about him and he is seen as an afterthought after Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Tatum.

Celtics #1 rated defense is the real deal. 

F$#*ing Kyrie. 

Come on Dubs! Kyrie is running thangs in your house!

Brad Stevens owns kerr

Crazy Celtics have the 18th rated offense, right?

Kyrie just loves playing at Oracle

Officiating allowing Cs to pay their defense and taking the Warriors out of theres 

The Celtics have adopted the grabby pushy deffense I see 

Ight as well if the refs are not going to call them on it 

This Brown guy is becoming a Dubs killer Ala. Will Barton

Jalen Brown plays like an allstar against us Cal product got roots here but still

Boston has incredible trouble scoring the basketball all season So what changed tonight?

They're playing the warriors no try defense lmao 

The trend of struggling losing to the NBA's top teams is really starting to become concerning 

Every team circles Golden State on the calendar.

And GS doesn't circle back 

Unbelievable WTF are the Warriors going to do when Hayward returns?

Celtics locking up arms off ball like crazy 

Did the refs change shifts? 

Adam silver made that call

It wasn't Lebron going to the Finals last 3 years, it was Kyrie all along.

Celtics played with more aggression. Executed better. Played better 1st half overall

They were aggressive in the last game too. Stevens knows the dubs 

Igoudala slaps someone on the elbow then complains 

Kyrie is on Fire

Can somebody explain to me as to why Kyrie coming in causes our offense fall? 

Some solace in how painful this must be for Cavs fans Comments From The Other Side - vs Warriors, Away 1f60a 

Remember when you some of you were saying Kyrie wasn't a problem for GSW Yeah. That was stupid

Anyone who watched the 2016 finals knows he is a problem. 

Swarm Kyrie to throw off his rhythm Make the rest of Boston beat them.

Kerr doesn't give a shit about this game 

Potential finals match up. Maybe he doesn’t want to show his hand.

C’s play Warrior ball. They just switch everything so it ruins the offensive flow.

Rozier was wide open under the basket Kyrie missed him because he doesn’t have point guard level court vision That’ll be exposed if these teams meet in the Finals

Boston is a dirty team 

Dubs don't seem to be trying to rebound Getting dominated on the glass

Warriors chant felt forced lol 

Morris finally found his offense 

Only 10 assists so far. Boston kills Kerr's motion offense with the switching.

Boston's defense just a *bit* harder for us to break down than Minnesota's

Hopefully brad Stevens continues to leave in semi O. One of the 10 worst players in the league One of the only 10 players to have a worse real plus minus than Mccaw 

I don't know, personally I can't believe anyone would watch that half and think the Celtics could challenge the Warriors in a series That’s not the feeling I get when I watch the Rockets or Cavs. The Warriors could definitely lose this game. I’m just saying in a series. Although I would like to see the Celtics with Hayward to see if that changes anything.

So are you saying that Celts are ahead because they are getting lucky with shots where as we are not?

Multiple things But I guess I can sum it up as I don’t believe in Kyrie Irving.

They have 4 more FTA and 3 more fouls that’s called the refs sucking

or its called them getting more shot attempts and rebounds 

Scouting report is Celtics offense sputters when Kyrie sits. Warriors need to take advantage.

The Celtics are better when they have Marcus Smart 

And the Warriors are better when they have... …Oh, Nevermind.

They're better when they play a guy who always shoots 3/12? By all means play Smaht. He’s a brick factory

Looks like Celts strategy is just leave Draymond open So far worked pretty good

Lots of Boston fans in the house

I’ll take our center rotation vs theirs anyday. 

Just keep Kyrie from going nuclear and ask the other Celtics to beat em 

Durant point shaving at this point.

I hate to say this, but, KD ISOs are killing our offensive flow; he was doing so well within the flow the last two games... 

Brown just bullied the shit out of Iguodala off the ball He looks legit

Refs calling the Warriors for everything 

Andre needs to go into theatre after athletics Head in hands, lamenting the cruelty of… referees. In a basketball adaptation of Hamlet.

Warriors went cold again

Translation: Curry went to the bench

Damn Celts slow us down

Stevens is the only coach in the NBA near Pop's level Imo

Well, the Celtics certainly have a bright future 

Celtics are literally pulling Steph out his clothes That’s literally not legal defense

Let's be real though, this is super easy for Curry against Shane Larkin Not as easy against Smart

The officiating is just awful bordering on unwatchable nba is doing too much with the warriors this year 

Think it explains kd’s ejections as well, he knows theyre getting jobbed

Do not let Brown catch fire That’s what happened in Boston.

Warriors need to have a pass around instead of a shoot around Practice not throwing ball to audience

Mark Jackson suddenly notices an "awful lot of contact not being called" on that Tatum drive 

stop missing wide open shots. Curry and a bunch of scrubs tonight.

Boston is gonna win this game I’ve got a bad feeling, just my 2 cents. These 4th quarter comebacks by the opposition are becoming all too predictable…

Are they overwhelmed by Celtics' defense or what? 

Pretty much 

Man ... Kyrie always gives us problems

Irving drives, fould called No one touches him

He was fouled

Refs doing their best to give BOS the game again 

How the eff did these guys lose to the Lakers? 

Marcus Smart fault

How did the Dubs lose to the Lakers the two previous seasons?

Even if GS winds up with more points after 48 minutes(or however many OTs) this game is already a "win" for Boston Can’t believe they let the Celtics get the better of them this season. They’re gonna feel very confident if these teams meet in the Finals. Not good.

Just like last time Are Warriors gonna watch Kyrie hit the game winner?

Durant against the Celtics this season = PATHETIC AND EMBARRASSING 

Why is Al Horford scoring over Dray? That don’t sit right

Dubs baby. Against the number one D. Celtics fans probably getting mad at their team too. Ha ha.

Glad Curry got 45 despite all the holding and grabbing. But damn there is a lot of contact going unnoticed. 

What a shot by Rozier, bringing the Celtics back from the dead

Can't believe he hit that Rozier is a gamer

Such garbage Some ****ing luck of the Irish there I guess

Is it me or would a warriors-Celtics finals be a much better match up... Obviously, historically, a 4th warriors and cavs match up would mean a lot but damn, the warriors and Celtics match up really well against each other

That really was an amazing shot Rozier is a legend. Curry might miss one due to shock here

The curvature of the earth hurt Kyrie on that free throw attempt 

Boston always plays to the last second. Good Lord.

Fun game. Respect among the teams. 

Brad Stevens is a damn good coach 

Think this proves we don’t gotta fear the Celtics Without an insane first quarter and ref incompetence, this wouldve been a beat down

Man, the Celtics play the Dubs tough as hell Could be one heck of a finals if both make it that far.

Celtics will be tougher with Smart in place of Rozier 

Don't forget about Hayward though. They still have Hayward. Although, what the Celtics looks like when Hayward gets back need to be seen. 

Only saw the last quarter but it looked like we got quite a few favorable calls (and non-calls) from the officials.

No Smart was a killer, but hey, his own fault for being a dumbass

Respect for Celtics. I hope they make it to Finals 

I want Dubs Celts finals matchup so bad. Curry also has much better to get his first finals mvp if they win based on their defense. I really like this Celts team, would be nice to see if I start to hate them during the Finals just because they are Dubs opponent.

I'm going to need For the Warriors and Celtics to meet in the playoffs, because that’s what fans deserve.

A Warriors- Celtics finals would be great. Warriors in 6 but loads of respect for the Celtics. 

Pundits (and cavs fans) have the Cavs winning the East though, or the Raptors. 

Much respct for the Celtics. They are for real. I for one don't want to see them in the playoffs because even without Hayward would be the toughest matchup for us. 

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down