Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks

5 posters

Go down

Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks Empty Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks

Post by Sandpd Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm

The C's will be undermanned for tonight's game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22300387/boston-celtics-all-star-guard-kyrie-irving-miss-second-consecutive-game
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks Empty Re: Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:44 pm

This will be an interesting night. Rozier will get to show if he can sustain his terrific play, put pressure on the bench to step up and show why they deserve to be holding a seat. Nader did a good job the other night and maybe with more and more play he will be able to help in later games. I am almost looking forward to it. the only problem is that I can imagine Dennis Schroeder going off and trying to put on a show tonight.
This is going to be a tough one
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks Empty Re: Celtics' Kyrie Irving, three others ruled out vs. Hawks

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:51 pm

I think Kadeem Allen got some player of the week award or similar in the g league and been on fire lately there so maybe he gets a shot.

Edit:

This was from before the nuggets game http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/post-ups-20180129

"Monday, Jan. 29 - Celtics at Nuggets
Pregame – How Kadeem Allen Has Turned from Defensive Stalwart to All-Around Player
DENVER – The Celtics drafted Kadeem Allen knowing that he had the potential to be a game-changing defender. What they didn’t know was that, hiding inside his 25-year-old body, he still had heaps of potential at the offensive end.

“Some guys just bloom a little bit later,” his position coach with the Celtics, Scott Morrison, said of Allen.

Allen, who is one of Boston’s two-way players, was called up from the G-League Monday to be with the team for its final game of a four-game road trip, to be played at 9 p.m. EST tonight in Denver. The call-up was well deserved, as Allen just earned G-League Player of the Week honors today after an offensive outburst that no one saw coming.

Allen averaged 38.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists per game for the Red Claws over three games last week. His most impressive performance arrived Tuesday against Long Island, when he scored a career-high 46 points to go along with six rebounds, five assists and four steals."
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:13 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This will be an interesting night.  Rozier will get to show if he can sustain his terrific play, put pressure on the bench to step up and show why they deserve to be holding a seat.  Nader did a good job the other night and maybe with more and more play he will be able to help in later games.  I am almost looking forward to it.  the only problem is that I can imagine Dennis Schroeder going off and trying to put on a show tonight.
This is going to be a tough one

Schroeder has always been a thorn in the C's side - the player ya love to hate. He'll most likely take charge and penetrate into the paint for either an easy layup or dish off. He's a disruptive pest on defense too. I hope Rozier has a good game tonight in the matchup with Schroeder.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:18 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:I think Kadeem Allen got some player of the week award or similar in the g league and been on fire lately there so maybe he gets a shot.

Edit:

This was from before the nuggets game http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/post-ups-20180129

"Monday, Jan. 29 - Celtics at Nuggets
Pregame – How Kadeem Allen Has Turned from Defensive Stalwart to All-Around Player
DENVER – The Celtics drafted Kadeem Allen knowing that he had the potential to be a game-changing defender. What they didn’t know was that, hiding inside his 25-year-old body, he still had heaps of potential at the offensive end.

“Some guys just bloom a little bit later,” his position coach with the Celtics, Scott Morrison, said of Allen.

Allen, who is one of Boston’s two-way players, was called up from the G-League Monday to be with the team for its final game of a four-game road trip, to be played at 9 p.m. EST tonight in Denver. The call-up was well deserved, as Allen just earned G-League Player of the Week honors today after an offensive outburst that no one saw coming.

Allen averaged 38.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists per game for the Red Claws over three games last week. His most impressive performance arrived Tuesday against Long Island, when he scored a career-high 46 points to go along with six rebounds, five assists and four steals."

Allen will most likely get the call for some play tonight with the C's backcourt being so depleted. We might see Horford play as a point forward too - no big deal for him though.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
about 8 minutes ago
#Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Marcus Smart is still "10 days to two weeks from now" from a possible return. Coach said on Wednesday C's could also still discuss what to do "internally" with Smart regarding possible additional discipline for picture-frame punching incident.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 pm

A. Sherrod Blakely @ASherrodblakely
about 32 minutes ago
The #Celtics Brad Stevens said Marcus Smart will be out another 10 days to two weeks from now. “It’s a matter of the skin healing,” Stevens said.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE: Put some damn Neosporin on it and get your ass back in there!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:A. Sherrod Blakely @ASherrodblakely
about 32 minutes ago
The #Celtics Brad Stevens said Marcus Smart will be out another 10 days to two weeks from now. “It’s a matter of the skin healing,” Stevens said.

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  Put some damn Neosporin on it and get your ass back in there!

LOL, that elixir works wonders. I swear that any wounds would heal 10 times faster with that stuff. Get Smart to smear it on! If there ever was a magic potion, that's it.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Many ORs and doctors now frown on the use of Neosporin. Count my PCP in that group.

Google "Neosporin problems" to find out why.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down