Tyler Zeller back in the playoffs!!

2 posters

Go down

Tyler Zeller back in the playoffs!! Empty Tyler Zeller back in the playoffs!!

Post by kdp59 Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 am

see Cowens.....someone wanted him.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Tyler Zeller back in the playoffs!! Empty Re: Tyler Zeller back in the playoffs!!

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Tyler Zeller might be my least favorite Celtic of all time. I think he is a scrub. He showed a bit of offensive flash his first year or two with Boston but never improved.

Here's some stats. Zeller shot free throws his first two Boston years at 82%. Adding his last Celtic year up to the present, he has hit 62 out of 99 for 63%.

I don't know how Zeller is still in the league. He adds next to nothing to a team. If he is a team's backup center, that team is going nowhere. At least Olynyk could make space and hit shots with some assists. Sully could grab rebounds and had soft hands. Krstic could get some points and had to be as good as Zeller for center defense. Jason Collins was perhaps a better Celtic center than Tyler by just delivering a consistent defensive role. For how much of a letdown Amir Johnson was, he was still a million times more useful than Zeller (please pardon the hyperbole).

Zeller was clearly the worst of the three bigs prospects to go with Sullinger and Kelly. Sully is in China trying to get in shape. Miami seems to like Olynyk. And Zeller is awful.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down