It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on

5 posters

Go down

It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on Empty It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on

Post by Guest Fri May 14, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't feel I come across to some or are viewed by some as being an asset to this forum.
I have received many comments via threads or thru a pm's that have made this clear.
I will be deleting my user ID as soon as I send this.
I wish you all the best and good luck to your Celtics.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on Empty Re: It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on

Post by bobheckler Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

TJ,

I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't had any problem with you and I feel you have added a side to stories that we don't necessarily see through our green-colored glasses.

I hope you'll reconsider.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on Empty Re: It's been fun being a member but I think it is time for me to move on

Post by Sam Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

TJ,

If you're reading this, I consider it extremely bad news.

After an initial period when we were all adjusting to one another, I've personally found you to be a particularly fair, knowledgeable and well-reasoned person. Moreover, just based on what I've read on the board (admittedly not including private messages or emails you might have received), was rather proud of the way your perspective had been received.

So this comes out of the blue and is quite a shock. I sincerely hope you'll reconsider.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Would be unfortunate if you left.

It is good to get a kick back into reality sometimes, a forum where everybody just agrees gets boring really quick.

Sometimes you might be right, sometimes wrong (whatever right and wrong is) but if nothing else opposition and other ways of thinking improves your own thinking.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Heck, I don't even sense a lot of opposition in TJ's comments. In fact, given his allegiance to the Lakers, I think he has gone out of his way to be generous in his encouragement concerning the Celtics. He and a couple of other Lakers fans have elected to participate on this board. And I'm sure all of them have had to bite their tongues many times. I doubt I could do it nearly as well if I went onto a Lakers board.

I particularly enjoy the logic in virtually all his statements. I usually agree with them. In the relatively few cases when I haven't agreed with them, I've invariably been hard-pressed to come up with an effective counter-argument.

I wish like hell TJ could have made it to our SFO party. It's amazing how bonds can be formed or reinforced at these parties; and those bonds often help to ward off such situations as this. Something just seems to click when people are reassured, in person, about how much they're respected.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 pm

TJ,

I consider you one of our friendly rivals here.

Please reconsider.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri May 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Well shit tj. I am sorry. I shouldnt type angry. I responded poorly and wound up doing what i accused you of doing which is crapping all over what should be a special day for celtics fans.

I enjoy your being here and ask you to reconsider. I have also come to your defense more than once. Try to look at the big picture. Again sorry to come off so heavy. I enjoy having you Lakers guys around and would hate to lose you here.

Best regards

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

I just want to let everyone know what's been happening since TJ started this thread.

As soon as I read his departure post, I immediately tried to locate private messages email messages he had sent me off the board. Although recent, they no longer exist. And no record of his participation on this board exists. You may note that his posts now appear under the name "Guest." In short, we are left with no way of contacting him off the board.

Ironically, he had recently contacted me to ask if I didn't want some subscription money. (I had been a little slow in billing him and some others.) If I had billed him immediately and he had paid via PayPal, I would still have a record of his email address. But I didn't and he didn't. I feel very badly about that, as I do about his departure. It's like a member of an extended family disappearing.

I can only hope curiosity gets the best of him and he'll read some of our expressions of sorrow and will at least contact me off the board.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down