Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

+14
NYCelt
beat
Berlin-T
k_j_88
RosalieTCeltics
mulcogiseng
willjr
bobc33
bobheckler
dboss
mrkleen09
kdp59
international
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Swish, did not see your post, however I agree with your post!

Back to top Go down

Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus. - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Theis out for the rest of the season with torn meniscus.

Post by Phil Pressey Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am

The players go nuts sometimes and often cause this sort of damage due to their own actions. Most of the time these things happen because of a dirty play, say there's a little nudge while a guy is in the air. Jae Crowder made an unnatural act against Hayward and that's why Gordon's leg got ripped apart.

Some people like to debate the opposite of that as if they are under obligation to say something, as in no way would Crowder deliberately have done that. Sure, the result wasn't intended, but that's what happened due to I think they are called unnatural acts. Tommy had fun with that phrase one night. I remember that and am extremely happy he didn't die from the flu and is back doing the games! Tommy is loving life and will probably be around for several more years. Maybe he will reach 100. God bless Tommy Heinsohn.

In regards to Jaylen, that was a stupid play on par with Tony Allen's infamous injury. Reckless abandon equates to stupidity. It'd be like playing pro football on astroturf instead of grass. That is a sport that obviously needs to be shut down and with boxing. That stuff should have gone out of style permanently after Rome burned.

The Celtics are not done. This rash of bad luck with injuries has however certainly ended the debate between those who scoffed at the Celtics as a contender versus the die-hard, not overly cynical fans. No one can predict how Jaylen, Jayson, Al and Kyrie perform when it counts. Sure those guys are young and Al is Mr. Underrated, but you just never know. So the constant bombardment of they have no chance never made any sense to me, imho.

Yes, if they go into the playoffs relying on Nader and Semi for minutes, they are certainly doomed. Sorry, you might as well bring back Sully before thinking Yabusele is going to fill in some.

No more players can be lost. Kyrie and Marcus Smart need to be healthy by the playoffs. I assume Jaylen is on for a quick recovery. The Celtics played so good this regular season that they can coast the last month and get these guys fixed.

Losing Theis definitely hurts. He was becoming the third best big ahead of Monroe and Morris.

Yeah- Yabu, Nader and Semi will get some minutes as this is the time to not go full blast. But they will get nothing in the playoffs except garbage time or a rare cameo. Morris, Baynes, Horford, Monroe and Tatum (for small ball) are the bigs who will play every minute when it counts (if healthy). That is sufficient to survive the Theis loss. Nader simply sucks or is way not ready. Yet, he and Larkin are needed right now to finish out the schedule. Larkin is solid for that little guy deep bench pg role. I think he could handle a next man up role. But he'd be such a downgrade over Kyrie or Smart if he became the last 2017-18 gasp of hope to win it all.

But no way can Kyrie and Smart be damaged goods. There is no wiggle room left.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:08 am

I was thinking of bringing in a player under a 10 day deal or two.

But we do have our 2-way players from Maine who will probably be on our active roster for a bit, I suppose.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 am

Terry Rozier's agent must have a direct line to God.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 pm

worcester wrote:Terry Rozier's agent must have a direct line to God.

So, I'm guessing that qualifies him for more than the NBA max 4% on Rozier's contract?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:32 pm

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 am

NYCelt wrote:
worcester wrote:Terry Rozier's agent must have a direct line to God.

So, I'm guessing that qualifies him for more than the NBA max 4% on Rozier's contract?

Terry has the confidence of a Rondo without the baggage. He could be the next Andrew Toney. His defense is solid. Without Smart, I think you go with Semi for added defense and ask guys like Terry, Shane, Marcus M. and Jayson to keep shooting if they feel it. The team might lose some defense without Smart, but there could be added offense. Sort of a mathematical formula if Isaiah was still here.

The next games should probably be looked at as good practice for the playoffs for the guys still standing. It's not just Terry. This will be a big opportunity for the deep bench. There are a lot of days off in-between games for some actual practices. There are always glimmers of hope. Baynes looks good for some points if the other team focuses too much on the other four. That's a top player in Kyrie, Horford as All-star, Baynsies, and two young guys who might become the next two transcendent NBA players.  That's very good for a starting lineup.

I am at the limit. They are dropping like flies. The wiggle room is way back now out of reach. Lean on Yabu, Nader and Shane. Maybe one or two of the two-way guys has some game.

Maybe Nader will shock the world. Yabusele. Bring it on. It was a tough couple days, but I am back to believing.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 am

mrkleen09 wrote:

Sam's Rookie of the Year!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 am

He is so darn cute!!!!!! Raising him the right way, bleeding green already. I love it!!!

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm

Thank you. Smile
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:10 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:

Mrkleen,

Oh, damn, that is just sick cute (and remarkably perceptive too).

How old is he now?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Daniel Theis

Verified account

@dtheis10
Follow Follow @dtheis10
More
Surgery ✅ and 1st of all: Thank you guys so much for all your messages the last couple days, it means a lot to me! Now it’s time to start the mission #ComebackStronger and as always I will work my heart out to master it!!!!!
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Owen will be 4 on April 26. Thanks Bob
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
 This just made my day.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 am

Made my night.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 51 minutes ago
Daniel Theis said he started running on the Alter-G Monday with 70 percent of his body weight. Within the next two or three weeks he expects to be able to run on the court.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:19 pm

This is good news, I think those who are not
Celtic fans do not realize good 'Theis was becomingi
On the team this year. He could have been our PJ Brown!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2