7 posters

Go down

Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever Empty Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:12 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/markelle-fultz-return-76ers-season-140047052.html

He has to relearn how to shoot???

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever Empty Re: Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever

Post by wideclyde Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:01 pm

I am sure that all Cs fans really appreciate Jason Tatum more and more every time Fultz's name comes back into view.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever Empty Re: Most bizarre story of a #1 pick ever

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:07 pm

wideclyde wrote:I am sure that all Cs fans really appreciate Jason Tatum more and more every time Fultz's name comes back into view.

And we will also appreciate who we will get with the Kings' first round pick next year. Unless by stroke of ping pong ball luck we wind up with the #2 or #3 pick this year.

Amazing that with half a team we are a 6 1/2 point favorite against the Kings in their building tonight. We might see Jaylen Brown tonight though and that would be very nice.

Last edited by steve3344 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Have not won in Sacramento for 7 years
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 pm

The Sixers have announced that Markelle Fultz is available tonight, Monday 3/26, vs Denver.

I guess he decided to try this basketball thing and see if he likes it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:40 pm

To tell the truth I feel very sorry for Markelle. He clearly had something of a game in college but making the transition to the pros has almost destroyed the start to his career, his health, and his own brand, which is so important these dayz. I hope he has crossed his last bridge to getting back on the court and finally starting his professional career.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:The Sixers have announced that Markelle Fultz is available tonight, Monday 3/26, vs Denver.

I guess he decided to try this basketball thing and see if he likes it.

bob

I'm guessing being voted Finals MVP is a longshot.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:49 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:To tell the truth I feel very sorry for Markelle. He clearly had something of a game in college but making the transition to the pros has almost destroyed the start to his career, his health, and his own brand, which is so important these dayz. I hope he has crossed his last bridge to getting back on the court and finally starting his professional career.

I'm with you on this one mulcogiseng - I don't find his situation the least bit funny. Sometimes even the medical profession gets thrown for a loop. I hope that all goes well for him this coming year.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Watching Philly.  Fultz is playing well.

I think Boston and Philly are the two best young teams in the East.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 pm

swish wrote:
mulcogiseng wrote:To tell the truth I feel very sorry for Markelle. He clearly had something of a game in college but making the transition to the pros has almost destroyed the start to his career, his health, and his own brand, which is so important these dayz. I hope he has crossed his last bridge to getting back on the court and finally starting his professional career.

I'm with you on this one mulcogiseng - I don't find his situation the least bit funny. Sometimes even the medical profession gets thrown for a loop. I hope that all goes well for him this coming year.

swish

I agree with both of you.

My guess is it will take a while, but he's going to realize his potential. What he showed in college was no fluke.

Philly is tough now, and will be tougher once Fultz gets it going. They're building what could quickly become a finals contender. Guess that process thing worked, and Fultz may become a key part of it going forward.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Philly also has the Cap space to add a stud over the summer.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 pm

dboss wrote:Philly also has the Cap space to add a stud over the summer.

I hadn't even thought about that, but good point.

They're going to be serious competition for the East title. Real soon.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:09 pm

NYCelt wrote:

NYCELT
And don't forget that they have the following picks this June - 11, 21, 37, 39, 51, AND 60. That could lead to some packaging of picks for some real talented bench strength. Should be some great basketball played in the East if we can just keep the teams healthy.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Swish,

Although only a fair draft in terms of depth, that 11 pick might yield a productive player.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:25 am

swish wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

NYCELT
    And don't forget that they have the following picks this June - 11, 21, 37, 39, 51, AND 60.  That could lead to some packaging of picks for some real talented bench strength. Should be some great basketball played in the East if we can just keep the teams healthy.

swish

Right now the Lakers pick which Philly would own if it's not #2 or #3 is #10, not #11. They could get a very servicable player at 10.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down