Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:45 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/03/comments-from-other-side-kings-32518.html

by FLCeltsFan

Another beat up team come on down!

Brown Tatum Horford and Rozier should get the job done.

How many times do the Kings have to hear the other teams media say "we didn't play our best" before the Kings start getting respect? With that being said I need Boston to go on a run and win this game for the tank.

Looking at the Celtics, it appears they may actually be one of the few NBA teams to not have a former King on their roster so one thing we won't be worrying about is a Tony Delk-type performance.

GO KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! TANK! KINGS! I don’t even know anymore.

Yikes! Now it looks like Marcus Morris is out!
#NEBHInjuryReport for tonight’s game in Sacramento:

Brown (concussion) - PROBABLE
Hayward (left ankle rehab) - OUT
Irving (left knee soreness) - OUT
Morris (right ankle sprain) - OUT
Smart (right thumb sprain) - OUT
Theis (left knee meniscal tear) - OUT
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) March 2

We're probably going to steal this one.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away Ea06ff892cdf231dc1925e54d570ebb2

Kyrie Irving is afraid of Fox.   (MY NOTE:  Yeah, right.  That's why he had surgery, so he could miss this game.)

Kyrie believes that Fox is a Faux.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away Ezgif.com_video_to_gif.0

For the Celtics Kyrie is still out;
Without him, Boston’s hopes are in doubt.
As they come into Sac,
Could get Jaylen Brown back,
So our tanking’s what this one’s about!

Boston is both a study in asset management as well as player fit and development.I would claim the Celtics as the model that Sacramento should aspire to be (I often use Utah), however, other than both being former players with one All-Star appearance, Mr. Ainge and Mr. Divac are as different in reputation and accomplishment as GMs as two men can be.

Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Smart. However, please realize that in those last 4 drafts The Cs have had 18 (!) picks total, 8 in the first round That is the power of asset management and shrewd development. They don’t all have to be winners when you can figure what works and who fits. It has to make us in Sacramento wonder if Richardson and Papagiannis are likewise parts that don’t work here or failed assets for a team that can’t afford missteps of even the smallest degree. I want to believe the former, but as Boston is at 49 wins and Sacramento is at 49 losses, it is an empty fantasy, IMO.

The Green Machine is fairly insulated at the #2 spot in the Eastern Conf playoff mix. Losing won’t be hurtful for them, whereas a Kings win would be essentially placing them firmly at the rear of the tank brigade.GM Vlade continues to build a tank and drive it backwards. Oy vey. Please Kings, be wicked smaht tonight.

I never expected Brown to be this good, this soon. I was afraid the Kings were going to take him last year and end up being a bust. Hats off to him. And it helps to go to a good organization.

Hard for me to watch this meaningless Kings game with Kansas - Duke barn burner at the moment to fill out last spot in March Madness Final Four.

Simple solution. Don't watch. Just because it's meaningless to you doesn't mean it's meaningless to the rest of us.

Maybe when Frank Mason checks in, we can match him up against Tatum.  (MY NOTE:  5'11" Frank Mason III?  vs 6'8" Jayson Tatum?  Wuh?)

Or to the guys playing

I like the defensive hustle I'm seeing from the Kings. They look focused and engaged. And WCS looks like he might be hurt after his run-in with Brown.WCS grimaces but continues to play. Carter in for Bogs.

...sigh... Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned "defensive hustle" in connection with the Kings.

The Celtics suck.

Can’t wait to watch the rooks live.   I have a row of Celtics fans behind me. Give me strength.

Lots of green in the arena today My area is relatively devoid of nut jobs. …which must make me the obnoxious fan…

Go Kings I think 30 Wins is possible by season end. Playoffs in 2018-19 !

Playoffs next year? In the West? Please pass me what you’re smoking.  (MY NOTE:  We own their pick, so I hope this guy is right)

Green Dream Makes everything feel possible but maybe its the weed talking 😊

Flagged For Celtics-related weed. How about some purple haze or sour grape or purple diesel?

Were not getting top 3 pick odds so Might as well root for a win

Terry Rozier on the Kings would be perfect He’s better than Bogie and Buddy tbh offensively and defensively Would be sweet to steal him off the Celts  (MY NOTE: For...?)

G1C crowd erupts as the Celtics miss two from the free throw line and win a free taco (although I think they're not allowed to say taco).

It's a Jumbo Jack. But I think it's funny how Grant and Jerry insist on it being called "a fast food item". Clearly it's a contractual thing.

Jaylen Brown hits the floor and heads to the line. He's blinking and shaking his head a bit.

Both WCS and Skal doing a pretty good job against the much more experienced Celtics.

Ego running a bit high, Willie?

Has Dwight Howard syndrome Doesn’t want to play his role diffence is Willie isn’t as talented.

EXCELLENT first half of basketball. You know I'm enjoying it when my biggest gripe would be about the green tights a number of Celtics players are wearing.

Horford is a savvy vet. All things considered, I think Skal is doing an admirable job against him. Labissiere isn't stupid. He's gonna remember the lessons he's learning.

I suspect this is not what the Celtics were thinking would happen in today's game. The only thing saving them right now IMHO is some ill-advised shot selections and some rookie defensive errors. Correct those and the Kings would be leading by about a dozen points.

Well...never mind. :p  Third quarter doldrums hit G1C again.

So did I hear right? Did the "prediction machine" predict a Kings win?

88-86 Boston with 6:19 left. Wouldn't be close if Terry Rozier wasn't having a career night.

Wait. What? 92-86 in the blink of an eye. Sad

I would take Jayen Brown on the Kings over any other player in the league except Kawhi. Rozier was someone I also really wanted prior to drafting Fox. Celtics are darn nice team.

Remember who we were playing...if people complain about this outing, they're just haters.:p

Probably not the right thread for this, but what's gonna happen if Irving doesn't make it back? Rozier had a beautiful game tonight - against the Kings. Not sure how he'd stand up against the best PGs in the East.

That's the part of NBA basketball that hurts the most. Seeing teams work hard to build something special only to see it severely impacted by injuries. Guess it's just proof that life isn't fair. Sad

Interesting, listening to the game in Boston and the Celtics color guy specifically said the difference between the Kings and Celtics is they move the ball better and kick the ball out to three point shooters.

This was a tank, don’t let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise. To think otherwise means you think our players and coach arent very good.

We have more tanks where this one came from!!!
Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away Giphy

I don't mind a loss. I don’t mind a stealth tank. I don’t even mind funky rotations in a game like this where we’re surprisingly good in the first half. But I’ll rip the beard right off my face if I ever have to endure another two minute LET’S GO CELTICS chant right behind my head.

That's pretty much what the last two minutes of the game sounded like through the whole arena. I saw more Celtics fans there than Lakers fans at the last LA matchup I went to.

Maybe they were Kings fans yelling "let's go sell tix." (…sell the last few season tickets we have left this season)

Yeah, I could hear it on TV Embarrassing.

Better than listening to Tommy Heinsohn
Comments From The Other Side - vs Kings, Away Giphy

Sixers clinched a spot. There it is. I never would have thought, back when they had the third worst season in history (TWO YEARS AGO) that they would make the playoffs before us. I don’t know how much more of this I can take. Over ten years of awful. Jesus. There are probably people on this forum that were in diapers the last time this team played in a game that mattered.

Turning 52 soon...and I was in my 30s when they were last in the playoffs. (heavy sigh)

I have been a fan of this Sacramento basketball franchise since their arrival in 1985 and have seen a wonderful display of basketball and I was not in diapers! I do, however, believe that I will be back in diapers when the Kings finally reach the playoffs or play in a meaningful game. Depends.

Supporting a bad team in the playoffs is like using diapers. You spend most of your life not being in one, then when you’re in one, it all soon turns to poop.

So tired of Buddy not getting minutes He should definitely be starting over Bogi at this point, he’s the Kings best player.
He was so hot in the first half and for Joerger to pull him with 4 min left and sit him for the first 9 min of the second half is not a good move.

Playing better than someone else at your position should matter, it just seems like it doesn’t right now between Buddy and Bogi. 8/16 vs 2/10, who should get more min? Maybe Dave is in on the tank…

Jayson Tatum is going to be a superstar. That dude is still a baby and his game is already so polished.

Kings couldn't defend a back up PG...laugh out loud. Rozier made them look silly.

I am loathe to admit that the first half had me both excited and worried. The suspense of winning these last 25 games gnaws at me like termites, escalating to locusts The ethics of tanking are understandable but detestable. I want this season to end so this conflict can cease and desist. As long as the League allows this behavior to continue, it will. I am frustrated with this team playing hard and well in these "meaningless" games and equally enthused.

they should have a race for the number 1 pick. and by race, I mean each lottery team designates one of it’s basketball players to be in the race. First place gets first pick.

Better yet, imagine a battle royale of all the lottery teams' GMs a la the fight scene in Anchorman. We’d never lose with Vlade at the helm.

Undercover Boss the whole thing and whichever owner lasts the longest gets the first pick. Work backwards from there. Just picture someone like Cuban having to scrub down a bathroom after a game night.

Stand up Comedy duels between each team's color commentators
(I would like to see Cuban scrub down a bathroom, though!)

I'd love to see James Dolan scrub a toilet! Make it happen!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down