Xavier Silas

5 posters

Go down

Xavier Silas Empty Xavier Silas

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:19 am

Adrian Wojnarowski: G League guard Xavier Silas will sign a 10-day contract with the Boston Celtics, league source tells ESPN. – via Twitter wojespn

G league stats:

http://gleague.nba.com/player/xavier-silas/

and for us old timers, he is the son of James Silas.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Xavier Silas Empty Re: Xavier Silas

Post by wideclyde Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 am

I guess that I will not be the only member of our board to admit to never hearing anything about this guy.

Ainge is always pretty good, so we will see if Silas can make any type of contribution, but I would think that Allen and Bird would be ahead of him and they did not get to play against the Suns last night.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:11 am

Just some depth for the final games, until Smart and Irving can come back i would guess.

he's been around the block for a while now, playing in the basketball Netherlands mostly.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 am

https://nesn.com/2018/03/why-celtics-reported-signing-of-xavier-silas-to-10-day-contract-is-unique/

Why Celtics’ Reported Signing Of Xavier Silas To 10-Day Contract Is Unique

by Darren Hartwell

on Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:16AM

Xavier Silas Xavier-silasPhoto via Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports Images

The injury-riddled Boston Celtics are adding depth from an unexpected source.

The Celtics have agreed to a 10-day contract with veteran guard Xavier Silas, The Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach reported Monday night. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report the expected deal.

Silas hasn’t played at the NBA level since the 2011-12 season and has played in two career NBA games, but he’s still a unique signing for Boston: The 30-year-old most recently played in the BIG3 basketball league for Brian Scalabrine’s team, the Ball Hogs, and will become the first BIG3 player to play in the NBA since the league launched in January 2017.

BIG3

Verified account

@thebig3
Follow Follow @thebig3
More
BREAKING: Xavier Silas is set to become the first #BIG3 player to return to the NBA after signing a 10-day with the Celtics. Congrats X!
Xavier Silas DZQ0ykEWAAANard

Silas also has familiarity with the Celtics’ organization, having spent most of the 2012-13 NBA season with Boston’s G-League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

He likely won’t see much playing time and isn’t expected to be with Boston at the end of the season, but at the very least, he provides additional backcourt depth that will be without guards Kyrie Irving and Marcus Smart for the foreseeable future.

Silas is expected to join the Celtics in Utah for Wednesday’s game against the Jazz, per Himmelsbach.

bob
MY NOTE:  I know it's the Big 3 league, which is made up of mostly retired NBA players, but I'm hoping there's nothing in a name like "The Ball Hogs".

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Xavier McDaniel might have more left.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Who?..what??

The forecast today calls for partly cloudy skies with a 10% chance of rain.  Overnight lows will be in the mid 40's.  Tomorrow enjoy the sunshine as temperatures are expected to reach the low seventies.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down