Shot Charts

4 posters

Go down

Shot Charts Empty Shot Charts

Post by bobheckler Wed May 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Courtesy of a poster on BDC, I can bring you some real fun (provided you're a hoop junkie).

You can look at the shot charts for any player on any team (so TJ, babyskyhook, mustangator, nyce and the rest of you non-Celtic fans can look at your teams' players too), both in the playoffs and during seasons.

www.nba.com/hotspots

Want to know if Rondo's jumper really has gotten as good as it appears? If so, where is he most comfortable? Well, Rondo is most effective at the hoop (who isn't?), but his mid-range jumper from straight out going towards the right baseline is pretty good too.

Perk is most effective close, but on the right.

Well, you get the idea. Check it out for yourselves.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Shot Charts Empty Re: Shot Charts

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 am

bobh,

That may be the coolest thing I have ever seen. Thank you!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am

This will be great while watching each game to have your laptop up with this on it, (instead of losing money playing poker like I've been doing during the games!)

You've just saved me hundreds of dollars, bobh!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Bob,

Great find! I can access teams, but I'm having trouble accessing particular players. Maybe it's my Mac, which sometimes gets finicky with certain sites. Even if it seems obvious to you, would you do me the favor of walking me through the process of bringing up, say, Rondo?

Thanks.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Sam wrote:Bob,

Great find! I can access teams, but I'm having trouble accessing particular players. Maybe it's my Mac, which sometimes gets finicky with certain sites. Even if it seems obvious to you, would you do me the favor of walking me through the process of bringing up, say, Rondo?

Thanks.

Sam

Sam,

The area we are working with occupies the upper left hand side of the page. For definition purposes, let's call that area "Notepad", so as distinguish it from the rest of the page. There are 4 buttons on the upper left hand area of the Notepad. They are underneath the words "NBA Hotspots" on my computer, but your Mac might show it differently.

From top to bottom:
First button - 'Select Team" - click down arrow on right side of button, a drop down menu should appear, scroll to "Celtics" and select.
Second button - 'All Players - click down arrow on right side of button, a drop down menu should appear, scroll to "Rondo" and select. When you do this, The Celtics logo and Rondo's face should appear in the rectangular box in the upper right hand side of the Notepad.
Third button - 'Choose Season' - click down arrow on right side of button, a drop down menu should appear, select your timeframe of interest.
Fourth button - 'Choose Split' - Optional. Depends upon your focus.

When you established your settings above, move cursor to the right and click on the "Update Chart" button
(on my computer it's immediately to the right of the 'Choose Split' button).

Hope this helps.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks Bob. Great tutorial. Basketball for Idiots!

Boy, just looking at Rondo's chart reinforces the huge proportion of his shots (and makes) are down low. It'll be interesting to observe whether that changes over time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Bob,

Thanks, I'm glad you posted this. I'm sure when I have time later I'll spend a little too much time with it!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 20, 2010 2:51 pm

I just did a comparison of Tony Allen regular 09-10 season vs Tony Allen 2010 playoffs. He is REALLY stepping it up!

Ray Allen is also very consistent and dangerous from the regular season and the playoffs. He has fallen off a bit shooting from straight out 3-land, but other than that he is an assassin from most of the floor. We pretty much knew that, but it's nice to be able to see it in black-and-white (actually, blue means 'low %', grey means 'fair-good' % and red mean "hot").

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down