What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba?

+11
steve3344
fierce
Shamrock1000
jrleftfoot
Matty
KyleCleric
swish
RosalieTCeltics
kdp59
dboss
gyso
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba?

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap9%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap0%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap27%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap9%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap27%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap18%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_lcap0%What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Empty What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba?

Post by gyso Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:40 am

There has been plenty of ideas thrown around lately about Danny's interest in Mo Bamba.  Is it real, is it a smokescreen, what exactly is he thinking?  So here is a little poll to get everyone's thoughts and opinions gathered in one place.

Here is a list of our future draft picks:

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Screen55

Last edited by gyso on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added screenshot of future picks)

Back to top Go down

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Empty Re: What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba?

Post by gyso Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:43 am

I picked Terry Rozier with both Memphis and Sacto picks and our #27

Back to top Go down

What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba? Empty Re: What would you trade in order to move up to draft Mo Bamba?

Post by dboss Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:45 am

I picked other. Troe and Sacto pick next year plus Clippers pick
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 am

while I proposed trading Rozier and  a future first to move up for either Bamba or Jackson a while back.

That was before we took LeBron  to seven games without our best two players. so now I think it's best to keep the current roster together for at least one more year to see how far they can go, than overpay for a rookie, who may or may NOT pan out.

so I said not worth it.

especially because I fear the cost would be one of Tatum or Brown AND the Kings pick to get high enough in this years draft. That is a price I find way to high for a rookie who is NOT a sure thing (and really few are).
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:35 am

kdp59 wrote:while I proposed trading Rozier and  a future first to move up for either Bamba or Jackson a while back.

That was before we took LeBron  to seven games without our best two players. so now I think it's best to keep the current roster together for at least one more year to see how far they can go, than overpay for a rookie, who may or may NOT pan out.

so I said not worth it.

especially because I fear the cost would be one of Tatum or Brown AND the Kings pick to get high enough in this years draft. That is a price I find way to high for a rookie who is NOT a sure thing (and really few are).
Kdp59

Interesting take.  But it does make sense.  However I think Boston does need to secure a center for the future so drafting one may be the least expensive way to accomplish that.

At the same time I truly believe that Boston is right in the mix next year with the retrun of KI and GH.  We could stand pat and still win.

I look at the center need as a long term need and this is the year where the better prospects are available.  Danny must deal with that issue sooner or later.

In either case I would not part with our two young wing studs because I see them as cornerstone building blocks for multiple runs at championships.

Danny has never drafted back to back ballers like Brown and Tatum.  It is not easy to be this lucky.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:55 am

I find it hard to believe he will part with either Brown or Tatum, especially Tatum. This could backfire right in his face. Giving up Brown is a huge mistake, and Tatum to me is untouchable. I know, I know, no one is untouchable from what Danny says, but that is so far from what he or management think.

Terry Rozier at some point may be traded, I don't know. But....if, as you all are saying, Bamba is worth it
he may be the one to go. This is such a crap shoot at this point that I would go along with Terry and a good pick for him. The question is, will the team who is hoping to draft him give him up
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Danny did a heck of a job with the remake of 2007-08 and ditto for the recent makeover - so I will bow to Danny and his wealth of inside information. The answers will be coming shortly - Danny knows best.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Below is the draft list of active players that play center that have been a top four pick over the last 20 years. It looks overall like a successful group of BIGS to me. It appears that selections in the top four picks are quite reliable.

http://bkref.com/tiny/u4mIT

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Draft picks are used to get 20 or 21 year olds who can contribute now and have star upside potential. We have what you'd want to get with Tatum and Brown. It doesn't make sense for either to be available for a pick.

Rozier, Morris and picks could make sense if they're looking to move up for Bamba, Porter or Doncic.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:29 pm

I still say, if those guys are that good, why would anyone want to see Boston get even better? I guess if someone needs a point guard, Rozier could be the answer. I can't wait for this month to be over!!! I am anxious that someone will offer something that forces the Celtics to think twice about giving up Brown. I would be very disappointed if that happens.

There is something about watching two young players, drafted high, develop into a force to be dealt with.

If anyone watched the Exit Interviews with Danny Ainge he mentioned how amused he was with people who think that this team is okay without Gordon Hayward. "I don't know if you remember how good he is, but I do, and we will be great with Kyrie and Gordon together". So those thinking Hayward would be available in a trade is so very wrong.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:29 pm

If we trade away some players then in most situations we are also taking back salary. I really think we could bring back this exact same squad and win it all next year. EASILY.

We won't "need" Bamba if I'm correct, but if he is what some are advertising then it would be a great addition.

We also have a first in this draft that likely won't give us a player who will help us win #18 next season, and 4 firsts next season, use those.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm

there will be some big men in next years draft.

a few months back I posted that :

with the #3 pick in the 2019 NBA draft, with a pick from the Sacramento Kings.... the Boston Celtics pick

Bol Bol from Oregon

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/bol-bol

or something like that.

I was being funny of course, but there are some interesting big men next year also.

here is an early look at the a possible 2019 draft....where we should have the Kings pick, Memphis pick and our own.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

other big guys to watch for next year:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/nazreon-reid

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/bruno-fernando
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:56 pm

I went with Rozier and one pick.Don`t know enough about college guys to make a really informed choice , but I don`t want to give up Brown , Tatum is a non-starter ,and I`m greedy.  Terry and two picks? Maybe.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:04 pm

KyleCleric wrote:Draft picks are used to get 20 or 21 year olds who can contribute now and have star upside potential. We have what you'd want to get with Tatum and Brown. It doesn't make sense for either to be available for a pick.

Rozier, Morris and picks could make sense if they're looking to move up for Bamba, Porter or Doncic.

+1

Can't see Danny giving up a bird in the hand....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:13 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I still say, if those guys are that good, why would anyone  want to see Boston get even better?  I guess if someone needs a point guard, Rozier could be the answer.  I can't wait for this month to be over!!!  I am anxious that someone will offer something that forces the Celtics to think twice about giving up Brown. I would be  very disappointed if that happens.

There is something about watching two young players, drafted high, develop into a force to be dealt with.

If anyone watched the Exit Interviews with Danny Ainge he mentioned how amused he was with people who think that this team is okay without Gordon Hayward. "I don't know if you remember how good he is, but I do, and we will be great with Kyrie and Gordon together".  So those thinking Hayward would be available  in a trade is so very wrong.

Celtics won 55 games last year and came up one game short of the NBA finals, so the team is pretty much ok without Gordon. He is a great player, but clearly the Celtics did fine without him. Regardless of what Danny says publically, I am pretty sure he has considered that fact. At present, the biggest reason Gordon won't get traded is his value will be lowered until he proves he is still the same player.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:Draft picks are used to get 20 or 21 year olds who can contribute now and have star upside potential. We have what you'd want to get with Tatum and Brown. It doesn't make sense for either to be available for a pick.

+1

Often times General Managers are a step or two ahead of the general public when it comes to making deals - and such was the case of Celtic GM Red Auerbach in 1956 - when he selected Bill Russell with the number 2 pick in the draft - when he traded 4 time all nba center Ed Macauley and a draft pick, Cliff Hagen, a 2 time all american at the Univ of Kentucky for Russell and KC Jones. This move came after the Celtics had finished with the second best record in the nba the year before and even though they had the territorial draft rights to Tom Heinsohn, also a 2 time All American out of Holy Cross - and even though many nba pros questioned Russell's future in the nba - and we all know how that up grade at the center position turned out.  We'll find out in just about 3 weeks if Danny has any moves in mind and if so - at what level.

swish

Last edited by swish on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor addition)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm

My trade idea would be to offer Memphis the 2019 Kings pick and return the 2019 Memphis pick for the #4 pick.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:10 pm

swish wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:

+1

Often times General Managers are a step or two ahead of the general public when it comes to making deals - and such was the case of Celtic GM Red Auerbach in 1956 - when he selected Bill Russell with the number 2 pick in the draft - when he traded 4 time all nba center Ed Macauley and a draft pick, Cliff Hagen, a 2 time all american at the Univ of Kentucky for Russell and KC Jones. This move came after the Celtics had finished with the second best record in the nba the year before and even though they had the territorial draft rights to Tom Heinsohn, also a 2 time All American out of Holy Cross - and even though many nba pros questioned Russell's future in the nba - and we all know how that up grade at the center position turned out.  We'll find out in just about 3 weeks if Danny has any moves in mind and if so - at what level.

swish

Great points, thanks for the perspective.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:06 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/best-player-texas-mohamed-bamba-175506126.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:04 am

I've been pondering this for a few days now, as I read more online rumors about this years draft.

I keep coming back to why would Danny want to go after the second or third best big man in this years draft?

Ayton is the top big man, most feel that is not in dispute.

so, IF (and I think it is a BIG if) Danny feels the team needs a young big man, why not go after the best?

Phoenix has said the top pick is play for a trade, IF it makes the team better.

so with that in mind , my NON RUMOR/ completely MADE UP proposal is:

K. Irving ,the Kings pick in 2019 and Clippers pick.

for

#1 pick this year and B. Knight

Knight is needed as  Phoenix is only $7M Under the cap and cannot take on Irving's full salary now.

Knight is recovering from season ending ACL surgery in July I believe. He also has two years left at around $14M.

Then Danny can pick from Ayton, Bamba, Jackson or Bagley in this years draft.

the need to resign Smart become obvious, but there will be more cap space in 2019 and beyond for both Smart and Rozier with  a possible Irving extension off the books.

Roster:

Horford
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Smart- Resigned

Ayton
Rozier
Morris
Theis
Knight

Ojeleye
Larkin- Resigned
Yabusele
Nader
#27 pick

Last edited by kdp59 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed proposal to be more realisitc)
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:34 am

No way Ainge trades Kyrie Irving.

The trio of Kyrie, Hayward, and Horford will not be traded.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:00 am

So Kdp59 you want to move our best player.

You must know that Danny would not do that for any player that is in this draft class.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:16 pm

options

options

Just a thought

Ayton has been compared to David Robinson by some.

I think I'd want Bagley if I had my choice in this years draft.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:21 pm

After a very rough and cursory review of the responses and other posts it would seem that some feel that Kyrie and Gordon aren't necessary to winning #18. Others feel that Horford is overrated. Still others would give up two future all stars to buy a pig in a poke. Why not just blow it all up, fire Brad and Danny too? I sure will be glad when Game of Thrones returns so I don't have to come on this board to read posts that scream "You know nothing, John Snow" Fantasy sports is ruining intelligent discussion.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:38 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:After a very rough and cursory review of the responses and other posts it would seem that some feel that Kyrie and Gordon aren't necessary to winning #18. Others feel that Horford is overrated. Still others would give up two future all stars to buy a pig in a poke. Why not just blow it all up, fire Brad and Danny too?  I sure will be glad when Game of Thrones returns so I don't have to come on this board to read posts that scream "You know nothing, John Snow"  Fantasy sports is ruining intelligent discussion.
Fair take.

But as we know Danny Ainge makes a trade or two every year.  So posters have their perspectives on what the team should do.  Some put little stock in the value of a draft pick that is used to select a player.  Others lean more toward moving draft picks for veteran players.  Some are in the middle.  

In the end fans will close ranks and root for the guys on the court.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next