wideclyde
worcester
fierce
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lebron Opts Out - Page 2 Empty Re: Lebron Opts Out

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Championships are the goal. If a player gets his team a couple, you snatch the opportunity. If Lebron ruins your team chemistry the coaches aren`t doing their jobs. I`m not saying I would sign him up because of how it might affect depth and future salary issues , but then, I am not convinced he would necessarily make the Celts unbeatable for two or three years. If that could be banked on , I would jump at the opportunity.Did he ruin the Heat? The Cavs , who never won before he came? Pleeeez. His teams have made the Finals every year since he joined the Cavs,;last year with a team of stumblebums and Kevin Love. When did the Celtics last play in the Finals?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:13 pm

No thanks. Go chase glory and destroy cap space someplace else.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Jr,
IMHO, Danny has built something very similar to what has been happening in San Antonio for about 20 years. We're a contender that has a very good chance to beat any team that comes out of the West (I don't see any real threat from the East) and that with the whole bunch of young players. We have a young coach who already is one of the best in NBA. On top of that we have a bunch of high draft picks for the next several years.
Now comes Lebron. Sure, he can win 1 or 2 banners for us while he's still able. But after that he will leave ruins. He did in Cleveland, he did in Miami and he will do it again in Cleveland. Even if he doesn't ruin the state where the Celtics currently are, he'll push push us back a few years.
But, once again, it's purely academic discussion - the probability of him coming to Boston is slim to none and slim already left the town.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Miami is already back in the playoffs and the Cavs, in their previous incarnation , just weren't very good without Lebron, nor will they be this time around. The idea that he came in and somehow devastated those franchises and could do the same in Boston , is in my opinion, just plain silly . Eric Spoelstra somehow managed to survive , in short order , the losses of Lebron , AND Wade and Chris Bosh , and I think that Stevens is at least as good a coach as Spoelstra and the organization is at least as resilient. San Antonio is a special case because of the lengthy careers of Duncan, Parker , and Ginobli. Ain`t nobody on the current team likely to be around for 20 years. Brown and Tatum are the only 2 in the realm of possibility. I agree with you , though , that this discussion is just academic because he`s not coming, so I'll leave it here.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:19 pm

LeBron is now in LA to talk. Doubt he then shuttles off to Boston.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2