mrkleen09
swish
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cousins to Warriors Empty Cousins to Warriors

Post by swish Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:50 pm

per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23980153/demarcus-cousins-agrees-join-golden-state-warriors-1-year-53-million-deal

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Cousins to Warriors Empty Re: Cousins to Warriors

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:20 pm

NBA will need to change some rules on contracts during next cba. Just like you can’t sell a house that’s worth $500,000 to your friend for a dollar, and have him pay taxes on the one dollar. They’re going to have to penalize teams who try to amass a super team at cut rate prices.

If Cousins wants the sign for less than Aron Baynes, The league needs to charge the Warriors a luxury tax fee worthy of the 30 million per year he is worth
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:21 pm

This is what I mean by not being content and continuing to upgrade if the opportunity is there.

Cousins for 5.3m?

Seriously?

GSW now has 5 star players in the starting unit.

Ridiculous!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:22 pm

One weakness GSW had was they had no outstanding big man.

Right now clearly this Warriors team has no weaknesses!
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Still only one ball. Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die. Not sure this works.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Still only one ball.  Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die.  Not sure this works.

We can't be in denial.

You're hoping Boogie destroys GSW's team chemistry?

A team with KD, Curry, Klay, and Draymond will not allow one player to destroy what they have done the last couple of years.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:30 pm

We have to open our eyes.

The defending champs now have 5 starters that are all All-Star players.

This is the strongest starting 5 in NBA history.

Sure the Celts will most likely end up in the Finals next year.
But if the Celts are just going to win one game against GSW then it's just going to be heartbreak.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:40 pm

fierce wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Still only one ball.  Boogie is where ball rotation goes to die.  Not sure this works.

We can't be in denial.

You're hoping Boogie destroys GSW's team chemistry?

A team with KD, Curry, Klay, and Draymond will not allow one player to destroy what they have done the last couple of years.

You spent 2 months talking non stop about Kwawi to Boston.  And now, within minutes of GS signing Boogie, you want us all to bow down and concede the title?

Bullshit.  

Last I checked, they still have to play the games.   Boogie is a walking injury problem.  Curry is breaking down year after year.  And the Celtics young players will all be better than last.  

If the Celtics sign Dwight Howard, another veteran scorer off the bench, Celtics are right there with anyone.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi,
Let's see if Danny can land Howard and he behaves then we might have the answer.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 pm

So many things that can happen during the off season - makes one realize that preseason predictions are quite premature to say the least - in fact who knows for sure just how this season is going to playout - even after the wheeling-dealing is done.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 pm

According to the Boston Sports show, it came down to GSW and Boston, so,,,,Danny has been working.  According to news reports, he won't even be ready until February, so even makes it worse. A rent a center for a half of a year,   Rings are too appealing to turn down. Obviously that dance he was doing with Davis in NO wasn't as good as it was made out to be. With Boogie and Rondo gone, that team will be different, but they will always have Davis and Elfrid.

Looks like LA wasn't even in the run......that seems strange for that price
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:56 am

Cousins isn’t even going to be able to play until January. He’s coming off a major injury. If he returns to form, GSW got better on the cheap. If not, who knows? Maybe they wind up worse. Either way, nothing much to be done aside from doing the best we can in what remains of free agency. I don’t love anyone’s chances against GSW. But I think our team could make things competitive. Crossing my fingers for Howard. A starting 5 of

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Howard

With

Brown
Smart
Baynes
Theis
Rozier
Williams
Morris
Rounding out the 11-man rotation would be pretty scary in itself.

NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:09 am

I just heard a reporter talking about Cousen's decision to go to the Warriors. Seems that, as usual, he flew off the wall when the Pelican's signed Julius Randle. They play the same position and got more money than they were offering Cousens. He felt disrespected, and abruptly made the decision to play for cheap money for the Warriors.

Talk about a loose cannon. What a waste of a talent. That anger that he plays with is what will put him out of this league a lot sooner than he should. This is a sad sign for a player with so much talent. He could be one of the most dominant players in the league if he played under control
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:53 am

nothings changed IMO with the Warriors. The NBA will continue to play a wait it out game with that team. The repeater tax charges will get to the point that they WILL need to break the team up.

in fact some are saying that Durant will leave after next season.Maybe Danny can somehow get into the mix then, but he will likely join LeBron in LA.

Danny is likely best suited to continue building the young team of stars to be ready to pounce when GS collapses under the NBA tax rules and/.or age.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 am

If we have to deal with them in the finals then we'll at least be in the finals

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 am

I could see Durant going back to OKC

Before GSW collapses the NBA will have negotiated a hard cap that will hinder this from happening time after time.

Cousens took so much less money just to buy himself a title (aka Ray Allen) There is nothing there to stop it right now so we have to do what we can here in the East and face them eye to eye in the finals
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 am

I interpreted what Fierce was/is saying about obtaining another star such as Kawhi was that we should still try and and strengthen the C’s with another star player if available and if it makes sense.
What GSW did (adding Cousins) is case in point.

Last edited by Ktronic1 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:29 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I just heard a reporter talking about Cousen's decision to go to the Warriors. Seems that, as usual, he flew off the wall when the Pelican's signed Julius Randle. They play the same position and got more money than they were offering Cousens. He felt disrespected, and abruptly made the decision to play for cheap money for the Warriors.

Talk about a loose cannon. What a waste of a talent. That anger that he plays with is what will put him out of this league a lot sooner than he should.  This is a sad sign for a player with so much talent. He could be one of the most dominant players in the league if he played under control
I addition to that is no other team was offering anymore than what he got. I assume that includes Danny. Apparently NO either was through with him or planned to offer very little so he bolted.
NO also didn’t resign Rondo which tells me that the Pelicans are not too bright either.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:23 am

This is a very interesting turn of events.  Maybe Cousins was spurred to chase a ring after so many terrible seasons spent in Sacramento where there was no plan, terrible front office, not very much talent and far too many head coaches in his time spent there.

If he can recover from his Achilles injury in time to make a contribution to a championship he will look for a max contract next summer, and may have a ring to wear when he signs it.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:26 am

Ktronic1 wrote:I interpreted what Fierce was/is saying about obtaining another star such as Kawhi was that we should still try and and strengthen the C’s with another star player if available and if it makes sense.

Not to nitpik a point, but Fierce said specifically- on no less than 25 different occasions, that the Celtics so trade nearly anyone on the roster for Leonard. Not a star "like" Leonard, but Kawhi specifically.

Now you want to have us believe he was actually saying "any star player"? Come on man. The guy was on the Leonard or bust train for months - he OWNS IT now.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am

As an aside, an Achilles Rupture is a VERY SERIOUS INJURY and one that very few big men have ever come back from with any sense of normality.

This is far from a slam dunk on the Warriors part.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 am

mrkleen09 wrote:As an aside, an Achilles Rupture is a VERY SERIOUS INJURY and one that very few big men have ever come back from with any sense of normality.  

This is far from a slam dunk on the Warriors part.

+1, but that is probably why they got him for 5 million

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:00 am

What I heard is not necessarily what I am reading here. What I heard was that Boogie was getting very little play precisely because of the questions surrounding his injury which is very difficult to come back from, more difficult for a big, and would keep him out until New Years or the All Star break. Boogie has maintained he will be back sooner. But it makes sense that a big with a strange rep and a ruptured achilles would raise flags. What doesn't make sense is that no one was engaging him. NO didn't and signed Randle. Signed him to play Boogies position. I'm sure he felt they had moved on from the success they had when he was able to play. He has an injury. He needs to sign for short money to be able to get a max deal in the future. This was a business decision on his part. There is no cap room this season for an injured star like Cousins. Can't blame him for trying to save his career which an achilles injury puts in doubt.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 pm

mulcogiseng wrote:What I heard is not necessarily what I am reading here. What I heard was that Boogie was getting very little play precisely because of the questions surrounding his injury which is very difficult to come back from, more difficult for a big, and would keep him out until New Years or the All Star break. Boogie has maintained he will be back sooner. But it makes sense that a big with a strange rep and a ruptured achilles would raise flags. What doesn't make sense is that no one was engaging him. NO didn't and signed Randle. Signed him to play Boogies position. I'm sure he felt they had moved on from the success they had when he was able to play. He has an injury. He needs to sign for short money to be able to get a max deal in the future. This was a business decision on his part. There is no cap room this season for an injured star like Cousins. Can't blame him for trying to save his career which an achilles injury puts in doubt.

+1

He had to take whatever was offered, maybe had other similar offers, but what better a place to chillax for most of the next season than with the GSW. He may not resign there after this season, but he can enjoy being on a winning team for a change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:49 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:I interpreted what Fierce was/is saying about obtaining another star such as Kawhi was that we should still try and and strengthen the C’s with another star player if available and if it makes sense.

Not to nitpik a point, but Fierce said specifically- on no less than 25 different occasions, that the Celtics so trade nearly anyone on the roster for Leonard.  Not a star "like" Leonard, but Kawhi specifically.

Now you want to have us believe he was actually saying "any star player"?  Come on man.  The guy was on the Leonard or bust train for months - he OWNS IT now.

That’s the way I interpreted it. Not to nitpick either but I AM saying any star player that makes sense!! And I still believe that, being Kawhi or whomever. Clear enough?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next