Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers

+7
Shamrock1000
cowens/oldschool
wideclyde
worcester
k_j_88
gyso
steve3344
11 posters

Go down

Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers Empty Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers

Post by steve3344 Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 am

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-executives-believe-kawhi-leonard-willing-sit-season-if-spurs-dont-trade-lakers/2018/07/02/

This saga cannot become any more bizarre. Kawhi apparently willing to throw away another entire year.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers Empty Re: Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers

Post by gyso Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 am

According to Stephen A. Smith of ESPN, executives believe Leonard is willing to sit out the 2018-19 NBA season in effort to put pressure on the Spurs:

• “Because of the personality of Kawhi Leonard and what transpired last season, they said to me, ‘Don’t rule out the possibility of Kawhi Leonard sitting out next season before he’s willing to come back to the San Antonio Spurs.’ That’s how badly he wants out. That’s how badly he wants to remain in L.A. … Now, again, these are what executives and league folks are saying. I did not hear this from Kawhi’s camp. I did not hear this from Kawhi Leonard.”

So, in other words, there's nothing of substance here. SAS quotes un-named executives and league folks. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers Empty Re: Kawhi is now willing to sit out entire 2018-19 season of Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:10 am

Kawhi been sitting out so he's used to it.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:18 am

So glad we did not trade for this nut case.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:13 am

This declaration of not playing for San Antonio even if under contract certainly makes me wonder just how "injured" this guy was during last season.

Seems more and more like Leonard is more immature, selfish and childish than I ever would have thought. If he doesn't like his surroundings he may just "take his ball and go home". No way I want him on the Cs no matter how good a player he may still be.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm

The true definition and results of fake facts.  

Someone says, posts or tweets something without actual real information, verifiable quotes or any facts whatsoever and people go on to debate it as if it was real.

I do not want Kawhi Leonard on the Celtics, but I will not trash his reputation based on some bullshit report from SAS or other fake news source.  EVERYTHING ever reported about Kawhi suggests he is a thoughtful and respectful person who feels wronged by the Spurs management, players and medical staff.

Everything else is just noise and you guys have taken the bait, hook, line and sinker.  Rolling Eyes

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 pm

If he really goes thru with this, they better figure out a way to fine these players very significantly, and he’s a pussy.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:16 pm

gyso wrote:The true definition and results of fake facts.  

Someone says, posts or tweets something without actual real information, verifiable quotes or any facts whatsoever and people go on to debate it as if it was real.

I do not want Kawhi Leonard on the Celtics, but I will not trash his reputation based on some bullshit report from SAS or other fake news source.  EVERYTHING ever reported about Kawhi suggests he is a thoughtful and respectful person who feels wronged by the Spurs management, players and medical staff.

Everything else is just noise and you guys have taken the bait, hook, line and sinker.  Rolling Eyes

gyso

+1

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:10 pm

wideclyde wrote:This declaration of not playing for San Antonio even if under contract certainly makes me wonder just how "injured" this guy was during last season.

Seems more and more like Leonard is more immature, selfish and childish than I ever would have thought.  If he doesn't like his surroundings he may just "take his ball and go home".  No way I want him on the Cs no matter how good a player he may still be.
There has been no such declaration from Leonard.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Its whatever. I like Kawhi but I hope he stays out west.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:52 pm

I`m with you there. Honestly at this point, I`d sooner have Howard and hang on to all of next years assets for future trade bait.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I`m with you there. Honestly at this point, I`d sooner have Howard and hang on to all of next years assets for future trade bait.

With Rondo and Cousins gone from NO, I am sure Danny is considering the possibility that NO might suck next year and that AD will want out. So I agree, hold onto the assets. Afterall, we were only few baskets away from going to the ECF with two of our best players in street clothes,

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Gyso, you are right. I took the bait and am now trying to spit the hook out of my mouth
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:56 pm

This story has gotten really old, Kwahi will get old before his time if this keeps up, and Pop will retire. I really do not care about him at all, he is a bit of a head case. Sitting out another year? Who wants a guy who is a spoiled superstar. Pretty soon he will find out, No one will take a chance on him.

Let's move on from this story, let him squirm in Texas. I for one want no part of him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Teams have lost control over their star players.  That includes those players that are still under contract.

We do not really know what is fact or fiction

I think gyso sums it up best

"The true definition and results of fake facts.'

Did Kyrie really threaten to get surgery and sit out in Cleveland if his trade demands was not met?  

Did Kawhi essentially do the same thing?

We are all outsiders with no real way to know the truth.

There are many reasons not to make a deal for Kawhi but perhaps the best one has nothing to do with all the other stuff, not that circumstances should be overlooked.

As I see it, Boston has a wonderful collection of wings, 2 of which are much younger than Leonard and both have a reasonable upside projection that diminishes the value of trading for Kawhi.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:23 pm

dboss wrote:Teams have lost control over their star players.  That includes those players that are still under contract.

We do not really know what is fact or fiction

I think gyso sums it up best

"The true definition and results of fake facts.'

Did Kyrie really threaten to get surgery and sit out in Cleveland if his trade demands was not met?  

Did Kawhi essentially do the same thing?

We are all outsiders with no real way to know the truth.

There are many reasons not to make a deal for Kawhi but perhaps the best one has nothing to do with all the other stuff, not that circumstances should be overlooked.

As I see it, Boston has a wonderful collection of wings, 2 of which are much younger than Leonard and both have a reasonable upside projection that diminishes the value of trading for Kawhi.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Where is Fierce?

Still looking to trade Rozier, Jaylen, and our lottery pick from next year for this head case?
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down