IT to the Magic?

4 posters

Go down

IT to the Magic? Empty IT to the Magic?

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 am

https://thespun.com/news/isaiah-thomas-orlando-magic-free-agency

NBA star Isaiah Thomas has played for three different teams in the past year – the Boston Celtics, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Los Angeles Lakers. Now that he’s a free agent, it looks like he’s headed for his fourth team in that time frame.

Thomas, who led the Celtics on an incredible playoff run in 2016-2017, was traded to the Cavaliers as part of the Kyrie Irving deal. But playing with LeBron James didn’t work out as the franchise had intended, and midseason, he was shipped to Los Angeles as part of a deal for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance.

Now, with James signing with the Lakers, Thomas clearly won’t be sticking around. Tuesday, fans may have gotten a clue as to where he’s going to wind up.

Thomas just followed the Orlando Magic on Twitter and of course, reporters noticed. Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype thinks that Thomas to the Magic makes a ton of sense. Thomas would see most of the minutes on the floor at the moment.

Isaiah Thomas followed the Orlando Magic on Twitter today. It seems Thomas wants to go somewhere he can play a lot, so Orlando makes a lot of sense. He'd get a lot of touches and the only other point guard on the roster is DJ Augustin. (h/t @DavidBaumannORL)

Thomas, many forget, was arguably an MVP candidate during the 2016-2017 season in Boston. He’s certainly a defensive liability, but in Orlando, where the stakes are much lower, he wouldn’t have as much pressure.

Nothing is finalized here, but this makes almost too much sense. Thomas needs a fresh start where he can handle the ball. Orlando fits the bill.

We’ll keep you updated on his situation.

Good luck Isaiah - hope he lands in spot where he gets to play

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

IT to the Magic? Empty Re: IT to the Magic?

Post by wideclyde Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:18 am

Hard not to still like this guy after how he played in Boston. Perhaps Orlando will work out and if he goes there I wish him well except on the nights he plays against the Celtics.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of money and years he gets after thinking that he was going to get a max deal only last summer.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 pm

I don`t know about you guys, but whatever he signs for will be more than my net worth . I wish him well.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:57 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I don`t know about you guys, but whatever he signs for will be more than my net worth . I wish him well.

Ditto, I need a brinks truck only because I get paid in pennies compared to these guys and pennies weigh a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down