+5
KyleCleric
mulcogiseng
NYCelt
kdp59
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets Empty Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 am

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/isaiah-thomas-has-signed-with-the-denver-nuggets/?_branch_match_id=513748417547689558

Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets

Greenie

7/12/2018 9:58 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
Free agent guard Isaiah Thomas has agreed to a one-year deal with the Denver Nuggets, league sources tell ESPN. Thomas will reunite with Michael Malone, who coached him with the Kings.

9:44 PM - Jul 12, 2018

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
Replying to @wojespn
Veteran's minimum deal for Thomas, sources tell ESPN.

9:45 PM - Jul 12, 2018

Let’s go! This whole summer I was waiting to see where Isaiah would ultimately land, and now that we know it’s the Denver Nuggets, it’s an interesting fit. The first question has to be if he’s willing to accept a role off the bench, because the Nuggets do have two young guards currently slated in both starting spots. For the sake of this blog let’s say that has been accepted. In that sense, I love it for him. Much like with Michael Porter Jr, the Nuggets can be patient with Isaiah, and wait until he’s 100% healthy. As of right now they don’t have a backup point guard on the roster so the minutes should be there for him once he’s right, and given how the Nuggets play, it should be a system in which we see Isaiah get back to his prior self.

The Nuggets are one of the more exciting offensive teams in the league, they love to shoot it from deep, ranking 8th in the league in 3PA while making the 6th most at 11.5 a game. Adding a scorer like a healthy Isaiah to that formula is encouraging for a team that was one win away from making the playoffs. The Nuggets owned the 6th best Ortg at 109.2 and I’m sure it’ll take some time for everyone to figure out how to play together, because on one hand you don’t want a situation where Isaiah is taking too many shots away from Murray/Harris. That’s why you let him be the #1 option of the second unit, and if he shows to be the player he was before getting hurt, that’s a ridiculous offensive weapon to have.

Not only that, but you know Isaiah is excited to live in a city with some of the best weed in the country. Coincidence he’s joining a team while he may be looking for some alternative training and recovery methods? Few better places than Denver for that I’ll tell you that much

So congrats to Isaiah for finding a new home. Here’s to full health and getting back to killing people.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets Empty Re: Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am

too bad Danny couldn't have found a way to bring him back here, but ,maybe next year with Irving, Rozier and possibly Smart all Free agents, there could be room for the little guy.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets Empty Re: Isaiah Thomas Has Signed With The Denver Nuggets

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:49 am

Why the reference to IT enjoying being in a town known for weed?

Denver also has some of the best craft beer anywhere!

I hope it goes well for Isaiah, whatever gets him a mile high.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 am

Smart move by IT to take the minimum in order to reestablish his bonafides. He should be able to put together a nice multi year contract if he is able to get back to quality play. He will never see a max contract. I for one don't want him back here. The memories are good enuf for me.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 am

NYCelt wrote:Why the reference to IT enjoying being in a town known for weed?

Denver also has some of the best craft beer anywhere!

I hope it goes well for Isaiah, whatever gets him a mile high.

Denver's a great city. Visited family there a lot over the past several years. NY and MA drivers get a lot of grief but they're maniacs out there.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:18 am

I have first Cousins that left Boston and went to Denver at least 40 years ago. They love the place.

Bob why did you make those comments about weed in connection with IT going to Denver?

Anyways I am happy that he has signed a deal albeit a one year prove it to me contract. I hope he has recovered from the hip surgery and I hope he will accept his role on the team which should be similar to what he did in Boston as a rotation scorer off the bench.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 am

I think it's just a joke. It's become part of what Denver is known for, nothing meant toward IT.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 pm

KyleCleric wrote:I think it's just a joke. It's become part of what Denver is known for, nothing meant toward IT.

I agree, it is all part of how Denver is viewed from the outside world. I am sure that Bob meant it as a joke.

Some take it to the ridiculous though, like that college football coach from Texas. He refused to interview a top recruit from the Denver area because he "knew" that the player would fail a drug test. Now that coach is an ex-coach and the team lost out on a potential star player.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Back on topic.

I think it is sad that IT has to start all over and prove his worth. He was on the top of the world, the face of the Celtics and in the conversation for MVP before it all came crashing down.

I'll never forget how he helped make this current rendition of the Celtics a place for top free agents to consider. He helped us sign Horford and made Durant's final choice a bit harder for him to make.

Durant chose wrong (from our green-goggled perspective), but that is another discussion.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm

I think we should’ve signed him for that.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:I think we should’ve signed him for that.

Ktronic, I don't.

Besides it takes two parties to make a contract.  IF you were IT would you want to come back to Boston as the 3rd or 4th PG on their team.  Would you want to come back after your star crashed and burned in the most tragic of circumstances?  

The money while it seems like a small amount still has to be factored into a team salary situation where there is a razor thin space for adding salaries.  If the Celtics signed him on a one year deal, after the season he would be gone again because Boston would be unlikely to resign him again.  Would you want to put him and his family through that turmoil again?

I think he is in the right situations.  Although his dream of becoming a high salaried player is all but lost he still can look forward to some opportunities.

I am very happy that the little guy has a team to play for next season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:I think we should’ve signed him for that.

Ktronic, I don't.

Besides it takes two parties to make a contract.  IF you were IT would you want to come back to Boston as the 3rd or 4th PG on their team.  Would you want to come back after your star crashed and burned in the most tragic of circumstances?  

The money while it seems like a small amount still has to be factored into a team salary situation where there is a razor thin space for adding salaries.  If the Celtics signed him on a one year deal, after the season he would be gone again because Boston would be unlikely to resign him again.  Would you want to put him and his family through that turmoil again?

I think he is in the right situations.  Although his dream of becoming a high salaried player is all but lost he still can look forward to some opportunities.

I am very happy that the little guy has a team to play for next season.

I’m very happy for him to dboss. I hear ya. I just like IT so much that if he wanted to come for 1 year like he supposedly told Sherrard and everyone was on the same page as far as the expectations that you pointed out, I would’ve love to see it. You make good points. Charge it to my heart not to head. You’re right.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:13 pm

That ship sailed.  

I wish him well, he played his heart out for us and for that he will always be remembered but his time here is a memory and our team as assembled now just doesn’t have a meaningful spot for him IMHO.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down