dboss
gyso
cowens/oldschool
mulcogiseng
NYCelt
bobheckler
12 posters

Go down

Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston' Empty Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston'

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-source-says-ignore-noise-212435615.html

Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston'

NBC Sports BostonJuly 12, 2018, 3:24 PM MDT

While Kyrie Irving has remained non-committal all summer about his future in Boston beyond next season, a Celtics team source tells RealGM.com's Keith Smith that the narrative of Kyrie being dissatisfied is just so much noise that should be ignored.

Keith Smith
✔️
@KeithSmithNBA
With Kyrie Irving in Las Vegas to watch the Summer Celtics it's time to share this note from a team source: "Ignore that noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston and about being jealous of the kids and the attention they get. This team is closer than any team I can remember."

2:13 PM - Jul 12, 2018

It fits in with what our DJ Bean wrote about Kyrie earlier Thursday. Perhaps Celtics fans are worrying over nothing amid reports of Irving eyeing the Knicks as an eventual landing spot or being uncomfortable with all the media attention young teammate Jayson Tatum is getting.

Irving, who missed the playoffs while recovering from a procedure on his knee, wasn't on the bench to root his teammates on in their Game 7 loss to the Cavs in the Eastern Conference finals - he was home in New Jersey after surgery for a deviated septum. That fueled more speculation about his commitment to his teammates.

Kyrie was back on the bench Thursday, along with teammate Jaylen Brown, to watch the C's Summer League playoff game against the Knicks.

Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston' Dh7o2Y1VQAApmU9?format=jpg

Boston Celtics
✔️
@celtics
Waiting to watch their C’s take on the Knicks
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston' Empty Re: Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston'

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

Have ignored it from the start.

There's almost as much useless noise generated by the sports media as other news departments.

I think with a player like Kyrie, in terms of his personal makeup, you have him for as long as you have him, without expecting he'll be around forever. I think he's a great fit, and hope he plays on a couple of title teams in Boston. If not, next man up. Rozier or whoever that may be.

No sleep lost.

Last edited by NYCelt on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston' Empty Re: Report: Source says 'ignore the noise about Kyrie not liking it in Boston'

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

that was my first thot when I heard he was at the game. And to think that all this BS is based on one article that was written before Kyrie even came to the Celtics. the amazing part is how many bought into that crap. The internet is surely a strange and mysterious entity. affraid bounce
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 am

Kyrie and Celtic Jaylen Brown show up at a Celtics-Knicks game and Kyrie's there to watch a Knick team that only has 2-3 players that will make the club because he wants to be a Knick.   Rolling Eyes  

Remember when NY bloggers and sportswriters had Danny trading Rondo to them for a bunch of aftermarket spare parts to try to make their fan base believe their team wasn't always going to be the worst big market team in any sport in any city in any country?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

Maybe we should start a thread about all the bs stories out there, like he wants to leave Celtics to play with Jimmy Butler, yeah right...??? In a couple years Jaylen and Jayson will surpass him at every level, if their not there already and Jayson has the Duke connection with Uncle Drew. Uncle Drew knows he can do special things here.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:50 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Maybe we should start a thread about all the bs stories out there, like he wants to leave Celtics to play with Jimmy Butler, yeah right...??? In a couple years Jaylen and Jayson will surpass him at every level, if their not there already and Jayson has the Duke connection with Uncle Drew. Uncle Drew knows he can do special things here.

There are many total bs stories out there, but there are just as many incomplete or "lack of facts" stories as well.

The total bs stories are the ones like "Kyrie wants to go to NY".  Some fans understand the context of when he said that and some don't.  The "truth" isn't always apparent to all.  Some concluded that he said that long before he was traded to the Celtics so therefore the statement is meaningless.  Other fans bought into it totally and concluded that we should immediately trade Kyrie for a bucket of balls and good riddance to the total loser!

We had the same result here with the "Kyrie wants to join up with Butler".  Some said "so what, that's crazy talk" and others said "screw you Kyrie and the horse you rode in on!"  Sports fans in general are a passionate bunch and many take it personal when there is a perceived slight towards their team.  The knee-jerk reaction often gets the best of us.

The "lack of facts" stories are like the "AAU players punch the refs".  Some fans went off the rails with that one, going at each other as to who carries the blame, the players or the refs.  Some grasped at titbits of information that supported their viewpoint, but the "truth" of what really precipitated the fight will not be known for some time.

Stephen Colbert invented the word, "Truthiness", and it totally defines what was happening with the media 12 years ago and continues today.  It even became the word of the year in 2006.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-word-of-the-year-truthiness/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

People often believe what they read, one way or another, depending on their feelings, regardless of the facts.  So what is "truth" and what is "BS" is often hard to determine.

One way or the other, as long as members of this board try to determine what the real facts are (did I really just type that, as if the word "facts" needs a qualifier?) in a convivial way, its all good.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 am

I think the Celtics are the best team in the EAST.

I posted after the Celtics / Knicks game last night

"Kyrie was sitting with Jaylen Brown and I was thinking, that is an impressive back court duo."

I think there was too much over reaction on this very forum to reports about Kyrie wanting to play in NY and wanting to play with Jimmy Butler.  Some news feeds makes something out of nothing and here we are ready to trade Kyrie because he will not tell us he wants to stay with the Celtics after next season.

Watching Jaylen develop and seeing what a great pairing there is between him and Kyrie as well as Kyrie and all of his teammates gives me the assurance that him leaving is not something that any of us should be concerned about.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Maybe we should start a thread about all the bs stories out there, like he wants to leave Celtics to play with Jimmy Butler, yeah right...??? In a couple years Jaylen and Jayson will surpass him at every level, if their not there already and Jayson has the Duke connection with Uncle Drew. Uncle Drew knows he can do special things here.

There are many total bs stories out there, but there are just as many incomplete or "lack of facts" stories as well.

The total bs stories are the ones like "Kyrie wants to go to NY".  Some fans understand the context of when he said that and some don't.  The "truth" isn't always apparent to all.  Some concluded that he said that long before he was traded to the Celtics so therefore the statement is meaningless.  Other fans bought into it totally and concluded that we should immediately trade Kyrie for a bucket of balls and good riddance to the total loser!

We had the same result here with the "Kyrie wants to join up with Butler".  Some said "so what, that's crazy talk" and others said "screw you Kyrie and the horse you rode in on!"  Sports fans in general are a passionate bunch and many take it personal when there is a perceived slight towards their team.  The knee-jerk reaction often gets the best of us.

The "lack of facts" stories are like the "AAU players punch the refs".  Some fans went off the rails with that one, going at each other as to who carries the blame, the players or the refs.  Some grasped at titbits of information that supported their viewpoint, but the "truth" of what really precipitated the fight will not be known for some time.

Stephen Colbert invented the word, "Truthiness", and it totally defines what was happening with the media 12 years ago and continues today.  It even became the word of the year in 2006.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-word-of-the-year-truthiness/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

People often believe what they read, one way or another, depending on their feelings, regardless of the facts.  So what is "truth" and what is "BS" is often hard to determine.

One way or the other, as long as members of this board try to determine what the real facts are (did I really just type that, as if the word "facts" needs a qualifier?) in a convivial way, its all good.

gyso

"Sports fans in general are a passionate bunch and many take it personal when there is a perceived slight towards their team.  The knee-jerk reaction often gets the best of us."

I am very guilty of this at times. Sometimes I think it is more important to be convivial about the players and the team than the other posters. BUT I KNOW THIS IS NOT WHAT SAM THOUGHT. So I try to do better.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:00 pm

Time for everyone to stop spending any more even seconds worrying about where Irving will play in 2019-20.

For all of the economic reasons that have been mentioned, he CAN NOT (and, should not) make any determinations about the 2019-20 season at this point.
Lots of teams will want him to play for them, but none can speak to him until next summer, so this year he plays for us.

We can't panic/sweat/lose sleep/worry or even be concerned about 2019-20 until next June.

Cripes, when do practices get started?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:00 pm

I refuse to believe he would be foolish enough to leave a team that is being built around him for winning a championship to go to NY and pretend they are going to build around him there. Are the lights of Broadway that bright that he would be that foolish????

I would like to believe NO. Danny will get the feel for this early. If that is the case, something will happen
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 am

Hi,
Here is what Mannix says about it. It's in the video part on the link.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:29 pm

I initially thought much like other posters here; Kyrie's comments from before the Boston trade were being taken out of context, and thus this was a BS rumor. However, there are more and more stories every day from reasonable websites suggesting there may be more than smoke here. I can't imagine why Kyrie would leave this fantastic situation with the Celtics to join the Knicks (or the Nets according to the latest rumors), but lets face it, Kyrie is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. The things that motivate this guy are just different. He probably stays, but I won't be the slightest bit surprised if he ends up leaving.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 pm

My thoughts on where will Kyrie play the season after next..? It's all good. If he wants a big payday after next season, he'll need to be great next season. Writers are desperate for stories and will milk this one, but there is so much time between now and June, no one, including Kyrie, knows what will transpire. If the C's go all the way, if the C's implode, if the Knicks coalesce, if Kyrie is injured, if Rosier keeps on improving so we do better with Kyrie sitting, if DA makes a deal, etc., all bets are off...Go Celtics! Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:39 pm

But- does'nt history already show that he has already made his role on a team (Cleveland) a priority issue.  Will the Celts suffer the same fate as the Cavs should Brads wealth of very high level shooting talent hinders the aspirations of a player, who has already rejected a 2nd fiddle role in Cleveland. A player who might not be as willing to play a lessor role in Boston. There's only one ball out there so it will be interesting to see if all the players are cut from the same mold as the 07-08 Celtic 3 of Garnett, Pierce and Allen. And this coming year it will be FIVE outstanding shooters out there and still just one ball.

swish

Last edited by swish on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:18 am

Swish, Yes, to all those potential problems, but no, they don't worry me when we have a team with such talent. I think DA never sleeps, so he may still surprise us at any time. The way I look at it is, if 4-5 years ago, someone said we'd have Irving, Hayward, Horford, and the near-great young players around them, back-ups like Theis and Smart ready to open the 18-19 season, I would have said they were dreaming. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:02 pm

hawksnestbeach wrote:Swish, Yes, to all those potential problems, but no, they don't worry me when we have a team with such talent. I think DA never sleeps, so he may still surprise us at any time. The way I look at it is, if 4-5 years ago, someone said we'd have Irving, Hayward, Horford, and the near-great young players around them, back-ups like Theis and Smart  ready to open the 18-19 season, I would have said they were dreaming. Hawk

I hope your right Hawk.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down