Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News

4 posters

Go down

Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News Empty Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am

There is a 9 1/2 minute video interview with Jaylen by Bloomberg News at a technology summit.

Our renaissance man.  21 years old.  As Al Horford is the father figure on this team I predict that will be Jaylen Brown in 10 years.  He has already taken on the role of mentoring rookies, and he is just sophomore himself.

Love everything about this kid (needs to work on his handle and fritos, but other than those. Love).

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/boston-celtics-jaylen-brown-tech-210024003.html

bob

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/boston-celtics-jaylen-brown-tech-210024003.html
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News Empty Re: Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News

Post by NYCelt Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 am

Anyone who didn't realize the keen intellect Jaylen Brown possesses should watch this interview. He always handles himself well, and here he is being interviewed by Emily Chang, one of Bloomberg's top anchors. Brown's answers are pointed and concise. He even holds middle ground on socio-political questions which less mature individuals might dive into and pay for later. Brown explains that he understands fully the leverage his basketball career is now giving him to pursue more in life. This kid is going places. Off the court, at least as much as on.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News Empty Re: Jaylen Brown Interview With Bloomberg News

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

He’s a keeper

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:24 am

If Jaylen were a stock, I would buy it and hold long term!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:33 am

Where was this filmed? What city?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:44 am

worcester wrote:Where was this filmed? What city?

San Fran.

Bloomberg Players Technology Summit.
2nd Annual.
https://www.bloomberglive.com/playerstech/#overview

Impressive list of speakers.
Several athletes and NBA players who've already made a significant dent in the business world, including Baron Davis, Kevin Durant, Joe Montana, and Kerri Walsh-Jennings. Andre Iguodala, another sharp young mind, was also involved.

To me, Jaylen proves something I've been preaching in various professional circles for years; there's a big difference between intellect and education. Brown really has no college education, just a year at Cal. Yet obviously he's no dummy. At least two of the smartest people I've ever known had no college. Zero. Brown may be a good example of the same thing; intellect coming from outside the classroom. If he can learn, and start putting some of the capital and leverage he's getting from basketball to work, he can help create an example for others without the opportunity to earn a degree. Leverage whatever you've got. At 21, without a degree, Brown is going to have an incredibly bigger source of capital and networks than I, or probably any of us with degrees, had at his age. He can help show the way for other young pro athletes that may not excel greatly on the field, but have some resources. It will go even farther if he can show those without the physical talents how to build from whatever they've got.

Sorry for the long added commentary. I just think Brown may be in a position to not only be a great Celtic on the court, but a great Celtic in society.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 am

Jaylen has a very bright light shining within, and he will use it well to guide others as he moves on in life.

I thought that was SF from the bridge, but the palm tree in the background threw me off. Being from Florida, it's hard for me to imagine palm trees in the frozen tundra of the Bay Area. I was in Monterey three weeks ago, and in 50 degree weather caught one helluva cold.  Thanks for the feedback.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 pm

worcester wrote:Jaylen has a very bright light shining within, and he will use it well to guide others as he moves on in life.

I thought that was SF from the bridge, but the palm tree in the background threw me off. Being from Florida, it's hard for me to imagine palm trees in the frozen tundra of the Bay Area. I was in Monterey three weeks ago, and in 50 degree weather caught one helluva cold.  Thanks for the feedback.

That’s strange hasn’t there been a heat wave in Calif recently...??

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Not in Monterey.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:38 pm

worcester wrote:Not in Monterey.

My parents moved to Laguna Woods, 6 miles inland of Laguna Beach, we drove from there to Monterey Bay Chinatown and pigged out awhile ago visiting them, about 1 hour away, it’s been really burning hot in Laguna recently.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:53 pm

The coast is so much cooler. There was thick fog there until about 1 p.m. every day. In the 1800's and early 1900's there were a lot of Chinese and Japanese fishermen in Monterey, hence the large population now.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down