The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise

4 posters

Go down

The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise Empty The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:43 pm

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/the-suns-wanting-to-trade-for-terry-rozier-is-no-suprise?_branch_match_id=513748417547689558

The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise

Greenie
8/31/2018 3:34 PM

John Gambadoro
✔️
@Gambo987
Suns have definitely been trying to trade for a front tier point guard - Lillard, Walker, Rozier - but to no avail. Situation at point guard now is not ideal and Phoenix will have to make a trade but Milwaukee pick that they own is not that valuable.

1:52 PM - Aug 31, 2018

Hey you have to shoot your shot you know what I mean? If you’re the Suns, you may as well ask for players you have no chance in acquiring since the assets you are willing to part with in no way are worth any of the players on this list. I can see Walker being somewhat on the block, but the Blazers aren’t going to get rid of their franchise point guard for anything the Suns would probably offer. Which brings us to Terry Rozier. What exactly did Ryan McDonough think was going to happen here? That his old buddy Danny Ainge would do him a solid because of what happened in the Isaiah deal? Listen this isn’t 2012 OK, Danny doesn’t lose trades anymore. If the Suns are going to want Terry Rozier, they can make him an offer in restricted free agency next summer. I can’t think of what would realistically have been offered for Terry, probably some sort of combination of Bender, Warren the Milwaukee pick, or Reed/Daniels. I’m all set with all of that given the health concerns I’ll have for the rest of my life in regards to Kyrie.

I’m not saying there’s no chance Ainge doesn’t move Rozier at any point, but at a time when his value is at an all time high, no shit they declined to entertain any offer from the Suns. This report just backs up how confusing this whole deal was for PHX. How is it smart to make a move like this, lose your starting PG, and not have a plan? Or even worse, the plan is to try and trade for one of those three? That’s some piss poor front office management if you ask me. I’m sure Ainge entertained the phone call because McDonough is a friend, and when he heard what was asked on the other end of the line he probably giggled instead of full on laughed in his face.

So like I said I respect the attempt, but sadly it’s looking like the Suns are in a bit of a pickle when it comes to their PG spot.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise Empty Re: The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise

Post by kdp59 Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:30 am

IF Danny feels he will have no problem re-signing Irving after this year, then I would consider the deal:

Rozier and the Celtics 2019 first round pick

for

Okobo and the Suns 2019 first round pick.

think about it !

Danny could end up with the #1 and 2 picks in next years draft to add to and extend the run...

RJ Barrett
Charles Bassey

both added to the roster next year?

Would Phoenix do that...probably not, but they did just trade for Ryan Anderson after all!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise Empty Re: The Suns Wanting To Trade For Terry Rozier Is No Surprise

Post by dboss Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am

Once Boston resigned Marcus Smart it set into motion the need to find a new home for Rosier. I see Irving resigning with Boston.

However I also think that Terry could be part of a much bigger deal.

kdp59 I think the trade you mentioned is not very impressive. Rozier is a young developed player that is a starting quality PG. Why would Boston trade a starter to simply move up in the draft and get, Okobo, a 2nd round 2018 pick?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Danny has a season ahead to make the right deal for Rozier. I do feel it is going to happen at some point because, no matter what he says, Rozier has that taste of being a starter and wants it more than anything. So as the season wears on, unless there is another catastrophic injury, Terrible Terry will not be a happy camper. I know he is a talented kid, and there is no way he stays here unless Kyrie doesn't, but I somehow feel that Kyrie is just playing his cards the right way right now. Why would he ever sign an extension and lose that extra money he would get.

Patience is what the Celtics must have, and I am sure they will. The right deal will present itself and he will go to another team. I just hope he doesn't regret it at some point, seeing that this is a team being built for a championship run. But money is the name of the game I guess
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

dboss wrote:Once Boston resigned Marcus Smart it set into motion the need to find a new home for Rosier.  I see Irving resigning with Boston.  

However I also think that Terry could be part of a much bigger deal.

kdp59 I think the trade you mentioned is not very impressive.  Rozier is a young developed player that is a starting quality PG.  Why would Boston trade a starter to simply move up in the draft and get,  Okobo, a 2nd round 2018 pick?

Phoenix is likely one of of the worst teams in the NBA next year.

I guess I look at it as getting a second top FIVE pick in next years draft, who Danny would control under rookie deals for 4 years. And with the logjam in minutes (IF everyone is healthy) one wonders how many minutes Rozier can get with a full roster here next year.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Danny has a lot of players that he really likes.

Consider how well Rozier played as a starter once Irving was sidelined.

Maybe the Celtics will offer an extension this year. They have already entered into the luxury tax arena. Are they ready to give Irving a $20 million per year raise and resign Rozier?

That is a tough one to call because we do not know how deep they are willing to go into the luxury tax.

I think Terry may command something in the $15- $18 million range. Add the Irving raise and you are looking at adding $30 million to the tax bill for the 2019-20 season.

That same year Al has a $30 million player option and if exercised he comes off the books the following year. Jaylen would be needing a raise the same year Horford comes off the books. The year after that Tatum will be due a raise and Hayward would be off the books.

Danny has things staggered out. Luxury tax is necessary to stay competitive.

The most important thing is the here and now. All the other stuff i mentioned her is nothing more than prognostications.

Boston has locked in Marcus Smart and will go into the season with a roster that has no weaknesses.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down