dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

This and that - Page 10 Empty Re: This and that

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:28 am

bobc33 wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Another team I can’t believe how good they are is the Denver Nuggets,  can’t believe that Jokic is that good, look at that roster, he’s not playing with a lot of all star talent. Maybe great wings are overrated to winning...???

His long outlet pass tonight was a thing of beauty.  Only other player I can think of who might have made that pass was Walton.  It almost looked prearranged.  Then he throws a pass to himself off the backboard from about the free throw line.  

The cat is for real!

He’s had 5 triple doubles this season already, what other big does that?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Luka at it again. He is a creative, cold blooded assassin who is at his best in the biggest moments. Down the stretch against Minnesota he leads the Mavs to victory once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 am

bobc33 wrote:Luka at it again.  He is a creative, cold blooded assassin who is at his best in the biggest moments.  Down the stretch against Minnesota he leads the Mavs to victory once again.

Reminds me of someone, but he’s doing it at a younger age. He had one move a change of pace dunk, incredible!!!!! Did you see that move bobc33?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:00 am

Sure did, took it to the hole strong for the slam. Mixed in with step back threes, fade-aways, great passing........fun to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 am

bobc33 wrote:Sure did, took it to the hole strong for the slam.  Mixed in with step back threes, fade-aways, great passing........fun to watch.

Incredible how he plays, next great iconic forward, can play any position!!!

He easily should have been first pick in the draft.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Mavs vs Warriors tonight and the Mavs had the lead but Warriors came back near the end of the game. Luka with one of his step back threes but it went down and then back out. Steph then launches a three from at least six feet behind the line and nails it.

Pay attention grasshopper your day isn’t quite here yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Nikola Jokic should be getting some MVP love, though he won’t come close. I love watching big men who can see the floor and pass like a point guard.

The cat went for 40, 10 and 8 tonight in a victory over Portland.

I’d like to see Jokic, Doncic, Rondo, LeBron and Ball on the same team. What passing we would see!

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:44 pm

bobc33 wrote:Nikola Jokic should be getting some MVP love, though he won’t come close.  I love watching big men who can see the floor and pass like a point guard.

I’d like to see Jokic, Doncic, Rondo, LeBron and Ball on the same team.  What passing we would see!

Don't forget 6'10" Ben Simmons from the 76ers - who is a point guard.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 pm

swish wrote:
bobc33 wrote:Nikola Jokic should be getting some MVP love, though he won’t come close.  I love watching big men who can see the floor and pass like a point guard.

I’d like to see Jokic, Doncic, Rondo, LeBron and Ball on the same team.  What passing we would see!

Don't forget 6'10" Ben Simmons from the 76ers - who is a point guard.

swish

Absolutely Swish, should have mentioned him also he definitely has the court vision like the others!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Ball shouldn’t be on that list

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:39 pm

If it makes you feel better, Orlando just beat Houston in Orlando too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm

I’ll say it again, look at who he is playing with, his best forward is Paul Milsap and best guard is Jamal Muarry, no great wings, Milsap crafty, but no great force, Muarry only plays great against us. Name one player you could switch with Jokic and get these results...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Ball shouldn’t be on that list

Cow he may have some holes in his game, but to me his court vision and passing creativity is top notch. Some of his plays with LeBron are outstanding as fun to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:51 pm

bobheckler wrote:If it makes you feel better, Orlando just beat Houston in Orlando too.

bob

If Aaron Gordon ever gets consistent he will be a monster, so athletic, as athletic as Jaylen and stronger. Can play either forward position, but I would prefer him at the 4. If Magic can get stud PG in draft that team could be    perrenial playoff team.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 pm

bobc33 wrote:

Cow he may have some holes in his game, but to me his court vision and passing creativity is top notch.  Some of his plays with LeBron are outstanding as fun to watch.
 Please don’t root for Lakers bobc

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:02 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobc33 wrote:

Cow he may have some holes in his game, but to me his court vision and passing creativity is top notch.  Some of his plays with LeBron are outstanding as fun to watch.
 Please don’t root for Lakers bobc

Fun to watch creativity on the court, but don’t worry I could never root for the Lakers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:52 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/luke-walton-mulling-lineup-changes-lakers-may-mulling-coaching-one-190056658.html

Luke Walton is mulling lineup changes, and the Lakers may be mulling a coaching one

Ben Rohrbach
Yahoo Sports
Jan 14, 2019, 11:00 AM

Despite an uplifting Christmas Day victory against the Golden State Warriors, the Los Angeles Lakers’ fall from grace sans LeBron James appeared inevitable to everyone but the team’s front office. As a result, Sunday’s dreadful loss to the woeful Cleveland Cavaliers has staged another potential showdown between Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson and coach Luke Walton.

Following the loss to the tanking Cavs, which came nine days after a loss to the tanking New York Knicks, Walton told reporters that he is considering a lineup change in advance of Tuesday’s game against the tanking Chicago Bulls. Should that adjustment result in an eighth loss in 11 games without James, there is increasing speculation that Johnson could present this string of defeats to Lakers owner (and Walton supporter) Jeanie Buss as evidence in support of the case for firing the coach.

Johnson’s skepticism of the incumbent coach that preceded his regime has been no secret. He reportedly “admonished” Walton for the Lakers’ 3-5 start to the season in a November meeting, and even when Johnson tepidly supported Walton in the aftermath of that report by saying, “He is going to finish the season,” the team president included the caveat: “unless something drastic happens.”

Losing to the league’s three worst teams in a span of two weeks may very well count as drastic.

This and that - Page 10 C4d257411743a20b9b25272e85f24be6
Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton is mulling a starting lineup change. (AP)uke

That is why Tuesday’s game against the Bulls now seems to be carrying a must-win tag for anyone interested in seeing Walton stay with the Lakers. The coach is also taking matters into his own hands, mulling an adjustment to the starting lineup before his team hosts the Bulls. Walton said on Sunday, via The Los Angeles Times, “Every game feels like we’re giving up 30 points-plus in the first quarter, so we’ll take a closer look at that. … We’ll take a look and possibly make a change before Tuesday.”

With James nursing a groin injury that is slated to be reevaluated on Wednesday and veteran point guard Rajon Rondo also out following finger surgery, the Lakers have been forced to field a starting lineup of Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma and JaVale McGee the past few games. That unit has allowed 112.4 points and been outscored by an average of 22.1 per 100 possessions.

We can argue the merits of McGee’s resurgence and the Lakers’ young core, but most everyone outside L.A. would agree that any coach should struggle to regularly compete with that group. The question remains: What options does Walton have at his disposal? The Lakers brass, which also includes general manager Rob Pelinka, saddled the coach with Lance Stephenson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Svi Mykhailiuk as his only other wing options (Michael Beasley is also nursing a hand injury).

Ball and Ingram, a pair of No. 2 overall picks who have been the subject of much trade discussion, had drawn most of Walton’s ire. The coach called for “more passion” and “more fight” from them after a 22-point loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves last week, and following a brief rebuttal from Ball and Ingram, Walton said of his starters on Sunday, “I really thought we’d come out with better energy.”

Kuzma, who has been the Lakers’ best player in James’ absence, added, “As a team, we need to be more engaged in the sense of have an effort. And that starts with me. I played like crap today.”

Ingram and Ball may both be in danger of a benching were Rondo and James healthy, but with a dearth of capable wings and no other point guard options, their starting jobs appear safe. Caldwell-Pope is a theoretical 3-and-D wing who hasn’t been great at either for the Lakers this season, so the most logical adjustment would be to replace McGee with former Defensive Player of the Year Tyson Chandler as a last line of defense behind a porous perimeter. That does not boost much confidence.

What does it say about the roster that a player acquired through an early season buyout might be their best shot to avoid losing to yet another single-digit win team? What did the Lakers expect when they signed Stephenson, Beasley, McGee and Rondo to one-year deals in hopes of pushing their pursuit of big-name free agents to July 2019? They’re not building a team. They’re biding their time.

Even if Walton earns a stay of execution with a win over the Bulls, his tenure in Los Angeles might still be on death row. There is no guarantee James is cleared when he is reevaluated on Wednesday or that he can carry as significant a burden when he does return, and the Lakers are headed for a brutal stretch of the schedule after playing Chicago, with 10 of their final 12 games before the All-Star break coming against playoff contenders. Their current 23-21 record could fall below .500 with or without LeBron, meaning they would lose hold of the eighth seed two-thirds of the way through the season.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported in mid-December, “If they’re going to be able to go to Jeanie Buss and sell her on replacing Luke Walton, they better be trying to do it off a season where they missed the playoffs or off of a long losing streak. Because she has been fiercely loyal to Luke Walton.”

So, Johnson may have his opportunity to pitch Buss on bringing in his own guy in the coming weeks. Walton knows this and insinuated as much in an interview with The Athletic’s Sam Amick last week:

“At the end of the day, you either get fired or you don’t. But when you get fired and you tried to do it to please other people, then you’re going to have regret. If you get fired, but you went out and you did it your way and you coached what you believed in, then you can live with that. You can sleep at night, and you move on to what’s next.”

Then what? You lose a promising young coach who has improved the team’s record in each of his first three seasons and had the Lakers hunting a home playoff seed before James went down, and you replace him with whom? A retread like Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd or Tyronn Lue, or another promising young coach, like Jerry Stackhouse, who might require an even greater learning curve than Walton?

The more you think of candidates who could both command a LeBron-led team and be the sort of player development coach the young Lakers so desperately need, the more you realize that the coach isn’t the real problem with the Lakers this season. It’s a roster problem, and that is on Johnson and Pelinka. They won’t fire themselves, so Walton is their scapegoat. Such is life as LeBron’s coach.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Warriors are beating the Nuggets 51-38 at the end of the first QUARTER.

Time to put down the video game and pay attention to the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:00 pm

bobc33 wrote:Warriors are beating the Nuggets 51-38 at the end of the first QUARTER.

Time to put down the video game and pay attention to the game.

I'm in Ozumas and watching it.. When the Warriors are on it is a video game. If you watched the Sixers-Minny game it was that and more.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 am

The way the Warriors and Bucks handled business vs. Nuggets and Heat last night was light years ahead of where we are currently. I hope Danny and Brad can figure this out. If playoffs were starting today, we'd be swept playing either of those teams all in blowouts.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:33 am

Nuggets don’t have defenders to match up with GS, when healthy we do. Styles make fights, we also match up well vs 76ers.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm

GSW with a 51-point first quarter last night in Denver. 51.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Bucks, Pacers, 6ers, and GSW all went off for big scores last night. So did ATL vs OKC, but neither of those attempted to play D.

Hope the outburst of offense is contagious and Boston catches it for the Toronto game tonight.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:52 pm

70 3 pointers attempted by Rockets versus Nets tonight. I sure wish they would call that traveling 3 point shot that Harden does.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Can anybody believe the Nets? After that terrible trade (good for us) that would have crippled most franchises, amazing how far they have come and without their best player, Lavert who has similar game to 2 J’s and might be better ball handler than both.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum