Matty
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
20 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

This and that - Page 15 Empty Re: This and that

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 pm

i just watched that Sinus...I counted 6 giant steps at least. Where the heck were the ref's. That one goes beyond funny, it is incompetent
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Based on the traveling rules it is not a travel, but it should be a travel.
When Beal gathered the ball his right foot was on the ground.
He then took a step with his left foot then one with his right foot.
Normally a player would now shoot the ball or pass it.
It is legal up to this point.
After his right step (step 2), he bobbled the ball then took 2 more steps.
I think this should be a travel because how would a referee know if this was an intentional or unintentional bobble?

In a sense this is like when you dribble the ball, stop and have two hands on the ball.
If you drop it you can pick it up again and it's not a double dribble even though it might have looked like one more dribble.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:53 pm

TJ...look at the travel calls that have been made on Jason Tatum, one extra movement of the foot and it is called immediately. This was crazy. We have seen cheap calls made this year for travelling when the pivot foot moves an inch (Al has been called several times for this)

It is funny to watch, but if I was the Pistons, I would not be laughing
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:58 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:TJ...look at the travel calls that have been made on Jason Tatum, one extra movement of the foot and it is called immediately.  This was crazy. We have seen cheap calls made this year for travelling when the pivot foot moves an inch (Al has been called several times for this)

This is not about what Harden or others do or don't get away with.
Yes, what Harden, Luka, Lebron and many others do with their step back 3 point attempts is a travel and should be called.
As egregious as this one looked it technically was not traveling because he bobbled the ball after the gather then took a step with his left leg then right leg.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Are you nuts? that was blatant travel tj, it is very obvious

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Are you nuts? that was blatant travel tj, it is very obvious

Like I said earlier, the refs are saying the bobble reset the pivot foot. I believe the cat is out of the bag, expect to see a lot more "bobbles" from some crafty players. Take a couple steps, *oops* , take some more.

Most reasonable people will agree that it is a clear walk, no one hit the ball out of his hands. Too bad the refs are digging in on this bad call. The league is definitely stretching the rules to favor the stars. Since we do not have any stars (hence the lack of calls) we do not get the benefit of the doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm

My issue completely. You do not consider Kyrie a “star”? I have said all year long, he gets no respect from the ref’s at all. Just blow on Curry and he is at the line, same with a lot of others.

TJ....sorry to disagree, but that was a blatant walk. The ref’s made fools of themselves not calling it and he laughed all the way to the free throw line. But, I am not here to argue, if that is the way you see it, so be it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Rosalie,

I know that Kyrie is a star, my point is that apparently the league doesn't think so.

Brad should have him watch some Harden videos. I think he could learn something from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Are you nuts? that was blatant travel tj, it is very obvious

It should be traveling but based on the league rules, it is not technically traveling.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:09 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:TJ...look at the travel calls that have been made on Jason Tatum, one extra movement of the foot and it is called immediately.  This was crazy. We have seen cheap calls made this year for travelling when the pivot foot moves an inch (Al has been called several times for this)

I agree Rosalie, He took three steps before he lost control of the ball. I guess you can just juggle the ball all the way down court without dribbling now days. I saw Simmons not long ago catch the ball on his end of court for a fast break. He took 5 steps before he put the ball on the ground and the announcers didn't even say anything. I just wished they called traveling the way it is suppose to be called ON EVERYONE. Yes Harden this includes you and Lebron which recently changed pivot foot right in front of ref. What is so hard about calling a rule. Even carrying the ball is not called except on lower level players.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:35 pm

Jeez....want to see total incompetence, go look at the boxscore of Hornets-Magic game. That Hornets roster has been the worst in the league for how long now...??? Who’s in control of that franchise? and how does he still have a job? I think this is the worst run franchise ever.....okay maybe a tie with the Knicks.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:45 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Jeez....want to see total incompetence, go look at the boxscore of Hornets-Magic game. That Hornets roster has been the worst in the league for how long now...??? Who’s in control of that franchise? and how does he still have a job? I think this is the worst run franchise ever.....okay maybe a tie with the Knicks.

Michael Jordan.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 am

Gyso look what the Brooklyn Nets have went thru (thanks) and look where that franchise is now, they compete and still have some good young legit pieces and look at that disgrace of a roster in Charlotte. If this was any other executive, except the Knicks, would anyone else get away with this....????

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:17 am

tardust wrote:

I agree Rosalie,  He took three steps before he lost control of the ball.  I guess you can just juggle the ball all the way down court without dribbling now days.  I saw Simmons not long ago catch the ball on his end of court for a fast break.  He took 5 steps before he put the ball on the ground and the announcers didn't even say anything.  I just wished they called traveling the way it is suppose to be called ON EVERYONE.  Yes Harden this includes you and Lebron which recently changed pivot foot right in front of ref.  What is so hard about calling a rule.  Even carrying the ball is not called except on lower level players.

That wasn't traveling. That was an extended holiday by land , sea and air. See all the stickers on his luggage, he was out of th country.

In the last game they called traveling on Jaylen Brown. It was a bad call. Jaylen has a bullet quick first step. The ref mostly miss on defensive blocks, offensive fouls and traveling calls.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:22 am

Anthony Davis left the stadium last night mid-game with an injury which is, being reported this morning, as a shoulder bruise.

Didn't look like much contact but, you know, it can be the angle the contact comes from that can make the difference.  Leaving the stadium because you're injured?  Man, unless you're being driven directly to the hospital that's just wrong.  Not even driving, you have to be driven by someone else, for this to be right.  You want out of Nwalins?  Fine, I don't agree with the public nature of it all but whatever, but unless you hate everything about Nwalins, unless you not only hate the organization but your teammates and your coaches as well you stick around the locker room to welcome them as they troop in and you congratulate them on the win.  Anthony Davis SENIOR wants to talk about loyalty?  WTF was this?  He just stabbed his teammates in the heart with an icicle.  

After the game, which NOP won, despite no Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook going for 44 points on 18-30, 14 rebounds and 11 assists, NOP coach Alvin Gentry called his situation a dumpster fire.

It is and, as far as I am concerned, the only people who deserve it is Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, LeBron James and Magic Johnson.  The are the ones who made a point of making this all public.  There are reports out now that NOP was attracted to the Laker offer but thought the way it was all handled was tampering, and that produced a sales barrier.  We know the Celtics are pissed off at Rich Paul too.

And Marcus Morris uses Klutch Sports as his agent too.  I sure as Hell hope he isn't talking out of school to his agent about what's happening in the Celtics locker room, and that agent is filling Anthony Davis Jr. and Sr's ears with that shit. I'm not saying he is, Morris seems like a straight up guy and likes the Celtics in general, I'm just NOT liking the way Klutch Sports works.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Cam Newton, the Panther's quarterback, is being interviewed on TNT. He said that he could play in the NBA. Then he said that he could contribute on both ends of the court.

Maybe he should first try to contribute in some way in his own sport.

Fail (in a kind of funny way)

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:36 pm

I’ve always loved good role players, Kenny Faried has always been my type of player, a bigger version of Marcus Smart. Now that Capella is back Rockets will have so many options and can play Faried and Capella together.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 pm

In a perverse, contrarian way I find myself liking Joe Ingles of Utah.  He's like a poor man's Larry Bird.  Unathletic, slow as shit, can't jump but is a smart player who makes his teammates better.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:02 am

bobheckler wrote:In a perverse, contrarian way I find myself liking Joe Ingles of Utah.  He's like a poor man's Larry Bird.  Unathletic, slow as shit, can't jump but is a smart player who makes his teammates better.

bob

I do too Bob. He dogged Paul George in the playoffs last year and totally got in his head it was awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 am

Ingles is actually a very good player that can shoot very well and spread the floor, also tall for a 3 and can use his length to defend....he’s done very well for that franchise as GH’s replacement.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-james-questions-lakers-sense-urgency-team-collects-30th-loss-season-165548330.html

LeBron James questions Lakers' 'sense of urgency' after team collects 30th loss of the season

Yahoo Sports  Vinciane Ngomsi,Yahoo Sports 1 hour 44 minutes ago

This and that - Page 15 2035eb7e6b479eb34af7386b8a5fe3f3
NEW ORLEANS, LA – FEBRUARY 23: LeBron James expressed considerable frustration after the Lakers fell to the New Orleans Pelicans Saturday night. (Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)

Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James expressed frustration following his team’s 128-115 loss against the Anthony Davis-less New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday, citing a number of growing pains affecting the team’s playoffs hopes.

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1099516580516360193
Spectrum SportsNet
✔️
@SpectrumSN
.@KingJames addresses the media following tonight's 128-115 #Lakers loss to New Orleans.

7:49 PM - Feb 23, 2019

Christian Rivas of Silver Screen and Roll captured James’ postgame remarks in the locker room, and the Akron native was brutally honest when discussing the Lakers’ recent defeat.

“Everyone’s so accustomed to the losses that I’m just not accustomed to,” he said. “I’m not accustomed to it, I’d never get comfortable with losing. Losing game one to Houston, it feels the same way as losing game 59 in New Orleans, for me. That’s just how I’m built. That’s who I am.”

James also spoke about the development of the game, and implied that his colleagues don’t arrive on game days with the mental and physical preparation necessary for a win.

“It’s how you approach the game every day,” James said. “It’s how you think the game every day, it’s how you play the game, it’s how you prepare for the game, and that’s not even like, when you get to the arena. That’s like way before that.

“Basketball: If that’s not the most important thing, then why we doing this?”

Saturday’s loss also marks the first time a LeBron James-led team has fell below .500 at this point in the year since his sophomore season in 2004-2005, and the three-time champion attributed the squad’s mediocrity as a catalyst for its misfortune. He continued his remarks by saying the Lakers must develop an attitude of being uncomfortable.

“So you got to be comfortable with being uncomfortable,” he said. “So I’m not saying that’s what we are as a whole. It kind of looks that way at times, that sometimes we’re afraid to be uncomfortable and kind of get out of our comfort zone and kind of, you know, have that sense of urgency from the jump, and not be afraid to actually go out and fail to succeed. So I mean, we have, what — 23 games left? We’ll see what happens.”

Saturday’s loss to the Pelicans puts the Lakers at 3.5 games from the eighth seed in the Western Conference, which Rivas noted is the furthest the team has been out of playoff contention since November. James & company tip off against the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday, who are coming off a 112-107 loss against LeBron James’ former team the Cleveland Cavaliers.

bob
MY NOTE:  I wish I could laugh into my hand about this but we seem to have the same problem.  When was the last time a young team won a championship?  I would say it's GSW in 2015.  That was with a 26 year old Steph Curry and a 25 year old Klay Thompson, but they are the two best shooting back court mates in LONG time, if not ever.  In 2015, Curry was the NBA MVP and Thompson was an All-Star.  This is why the fascination with youth and draft picks is so overrated if your laser-like focus is on winning Championships in the reasonably near future.  You're not going to win #18 with a bunch of 18 year olds (or 19 year olds, or 20 year olds, or 21 year olds, or 22 year olds or...).  You win it with grizzled veterans who know their string is running out and they better make it happen now, because they don't have all the time in the world and with a few exceptionally overachieving young'uns.  Is either Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown exceptionally overachieving?  No.  Might they in a couple of years?  Maybe, but then you better set your horizons on competing for a championships in a couple of years UNLESS you bring in an already exceptionally overachieving youth to replace them (like, say, 25 year old and already 6X All Star, 3X All NBA First Teamer, NBA All Defense First Teamer and 2X All Defense Second Teamer Anthony Davis).  I am scared to death of giving up a lot for Davis and having Davis leave after next year, but the fact is our young'uns have not taken their next step up despite getting great experience last year in the playoffs.  None of them.  Maybe they'll wake up in the playoffs this year and surprise us but they aren't GSW.  They shouldn't have that much confidence in their ability to turn it on like that.

Getting back to the Lakers, they are in grave danger of not making the playoffs at all.  They are 29-30, 3 1/2 games out of the 8th playoff slot, 3  games in the loss column behind the Clippers.  If LAC just continues to play the .550 ball for the remaining 22 games in their season they will add another 12 wins, for a total of 45.  For LAL to end up with 45 wins (who would win the tie-breaker I have no idea) they would have to go 16-7, .695, over their remaining 23 games.  That's almost .700 ball right there.  To put that in perspective there are only 3 teams in the NBA that are playing >.700 this season (Milwaukee, Toronto and GSW) and every single playoff team in the west has a .500 or better record (Detroit and Charlotte are below .500 in the EC).  The rest of the Laker season has them playing Milwaukee, @Toronto, Boston, @Milwaukee, @GSW, 2X vs Clippers, Utah, Portland and @ OKC.  If you take Boston out of it that's still 9 tough games to win, with 5 of them on the road, out of 23.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:37 pm

I thought that LeBron went into this season KNOWING that it was a lost cause. For him to suggest that now he cares about making the playoffs (or anything else) is just confusing to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

Report: Lakers bus left without Luke Walton

NBC Sports
February 24, 2019, 1:38 PM PST

Things have not been smooth for Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton this season. It feels like an open secret at this point that LeBron James would prefer if Walton were no longer the coach, and the team has had to issue assurances of confidence in Walton.

The Lakers lost to the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night, 128-115, thanks in part to a poor defensive effort. LA allowed former Lakers forward Julius Randle to score 24 points for New Orleans, and Pelicans bench players Ian Clark and Chieck Diallo to combine for 35. Anthony Davis did not play.

The Lakers are now 3.5 games out of 8th place in the Western Conference with just 23 games to go. Time is running out in the City of Angels, and the disfunction is obvious.

Perhaps no better example of that was the Lakers’ team bus apparently leaving Smoothie King Arena in New Orleans on Saturday without Walton.

Via Twitter:

This and that - Page 15 D0JYeb4XgAAg6z5?format=jpg
David M. Grubb
@DMGrubb
So this was interesting. I was talking to some SKC staffers I know as the Lakers’ team bus is pulling off. Suddenly, Luke Walton comes around the corner. Bus gone. It had to come back for the coach. Damn shame.

9:16 PM - Feb 23, 2019
385 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

That’s a bad look, even if it was an honest mistake after a loss on the other side of the country.

Walton is a member of the Lakers family, and seemed well-positioned to lead a young core forward after success with the Golden State Warriors. But that’s all changed now that LeBron is in town, and James is batting 1.000 when it comes to the kinds of moves he wants revolving around him.

If the Lakers miss the playoffs, I don’t know how long to expect Walton to last.

bob
MY NOTE:  Remember when people used to say Rondo was a "coach-killer"?!   The only coach LeBron didn't get fired was Riley's fair-haired boy Spoelstra.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Bob, Dan Theis has really stepped up this year. Maybe he is not technically a young one, but for a 2nd year nba player, he has really contributed, given the limited time Brad has given him on the court. Otherwise, yes Bob, our tykes have not been terrific.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:47 pm

gyso wrote:I thought that LeBron went into this season KNOWING that it was a lost cause.  For him to suggest that now he cares about making the playoffs (or anything else) is just confusing to me.

Lebron expected the Lakers to compete this season and to be a playoff team.
He said it might take a while to play well as a team but Lebron and the Lakers had plans of challenging for a top spot in the West.
Obviously they have underperformed their season goals.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum