Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together

3 posters

Go down

Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together Empty Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:47 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-markelle-fultz-drew-hanlen-160027676.html

Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together

Dan Feldman,NBC Sports Tue, Nov 13 1:14 PM PST

Markelle Fultz has had few more vocal backers than Drew Hanlen, who trained the 76ers guard over the offseason.

Hanlen said Fultz would be an All-Star this season if 100%. With Fultz still struggling to shoot, Hanlen said Fultz wasn’t fully healthy.

But Fultz contradicted that, calling himself generally healthy. Fultz also rebuffed Hanlen’s assertion Fultz had the yips, as Fultz stressed his problems were due to injury.

Apparently, they became even more divided.

Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype:

Alex Kennedy
✔️
@AlexKennedyNBA
Markelle Fultz and Drew Hanlen are no longer working together or on speaking terms, according to league sources. No word on why the two parted ways, but their relationship deteriorated about three weeks ago. Prior to this falling out, Fultz spent the summer training with Hanlen.

5:43 PM - Nov 12, 2018

Hanlen brought himself plenty of fame through his work with Fultz. This moves Hanlen back closer to the anonymity of most trainers.

More importantly, it suggests Fultz needs yet another plan for fixing his shooting form.

bob
MY NOTE: I completely disagree with his conclusion. I think Drew Hanlen is extremely well-regarded (he's Embiid and Tatum's trainer). It is Fultz who is on the outside looking in.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together Empty Re: Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together

Post by wideclyde Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 am

I think that it is Fultz who needs another plan and that plan needs to include getting out of Philly.

I am not a fan of this guy, and certainly not a fan of the 'ers, but this kid has been literally killed in Philly to the level that he will likely never recover.

He may already be ruined for his entire career, but MAY have a chance to be a player on another team in another city.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together Empty Re: Report: Markelle Fultz, Drew Hanlen no longer speaking let alone working together

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:29 am

Right.  Because Markelle Fultz doesn't need a shooting coach anymore...

The latest (spoiler alert, this kid is really confused. Every time he does this, somewhere, Ray Allen winces in pain):

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1063598600154947584

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Wow, I really feel bad for the young man. He is dangerously close to entering the Steve Sax, Chuck Knoblauch, Ian Baker-Finch yip zone. IB-F never recovered, Sax did to an extent,  Knoblauch was basically a DH for the rest of his career. He is too young to give up on and declare him a bust. I think the Sixers should send him down to the G-league with the intention of him concentrating on honing his pg and defensive skills. Relieve him of the pressure, which has become a burden, of his shot and let him play basketball. He has to realize and possibly accept that his road to an NBA career may lie more in his intangibles than in just his shooting prowess. He, at least temporarily, should not think of himself as a "scoring guard" but as a "guard who can score".
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down