+3
cowens/oldschool
dboss
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME ATLANTA - HOME - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME ATLANTA - HOME

Post by gyso Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:40 pm

swish wrote:I wonder if the stat compilers will ever take the time to note how many blocks actually turn out to be a turnover - of Williams 5 blocks last night 4 were recovered by Atlanta. There's a stat that needs closer scrutiny.

swish

Swish,

Blocks like Williams makes affect the game, even if they don't turn into a turnover. Other players will become gun-shy later in the game, etc.

I do get your point, though. There was once a block that Avery Bradley made on Dwayne Wade in the playoffs that everyone went gaga over. I cannot remember how many times it was posted here on this board. The fact is that if you watched the long version, you will find that the Heat recovered the ball and the play resulted in a made three point shot.

Russell could block shots, but he often was in control and directed the ball to one of his teammates. I remember that many here (including me) ragged on Dwight Howard because he often blocked the ball into the next county. That did no good in the short term for his team.

If Williams could ramp down some of his excitement and block the ball under control it would be much more impressive.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2