Sam
MustangGator
LACELTFAN
NESportsfan12
mrkleen09
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lakers Guide To Hating The Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Lakers Guide To Hating The Celtics

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:01 pm

BSH,

The Perk description was BY FAR the funniest. I'm certain he only knows how to make 2 faces (pissed and livid) and I absolutely love his mean streak. Although, I do wish he'd keep his mouth shut once in a while-- all the whining takes away from his stoic image ha.
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Lakers Guide To Hating The Celtics - Page 2 Empty Re: Lakers Guide To Hating The Celtics

Post by Sam Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Sky,

This whole situation represents on-the-job training for all of us. I don't know of any training manuals for administering a message board and welcoming both friend and friendly foe. And, if I did know of such manuals, I might lend little or no credence to them if they're responsible for shaping some boards I've scrutinized.

I think it's great that Celtics fans have shown such great senses of humor regarding the Times Blog article. It's testimony to the maturity, humility, and senses of humor characterizing the board.

In treading unfamiliar waters, I regard this forum with an abundance of affection. Those who have met or corresponded at length with me will tell you that I rank extremely highly on the fun-loving list. But I also realize the value of being careful at the right time. I believe this is one of those times. And my opinion is buttressed by having seen at least three (off the top of my head) good posters leave this board because of discomfort with the competitive or social climate based on less potentially explosive posts,.

I'm not trying to impose some sort of sanction on everything written here. That's not how I operate, and everyone should know that.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm

NESportsfan12 wrote:BSH,

The Perk description was BY FAR the funniest. I'm certain he only knows how to make 2 faces (pissed and livid) and I absolutely love his mean streak. Although, I do wish he'd keep his mouth shut once in a while-- all the whining takes away from his stoic image ha.

It is funny to watch him whine. He looks like he's constipated sometimes when he's trying to keep his cool walking away from a ref.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Sam wrote:Sky,

This whole situation represents on-the-job training for all of us. I don't know of any training manuals for administering a message board and welcoming both friend and friendly foe. And, if I did know of such manuals, I might lend little or no credence to them if they're responsible for shaping some boards I've scrutinized.

I think it's great that Celtics fans have shown such great senses of humor regarding the Times Blog article. It's testimony to the maturity, humility, and senses of humor characterizing the board.

In treading unfamiliar waters, I regard this forum with an abundance of affection. Those who have met or corresponded at length with me will tell you that I rank extremely highly on the fun-loving list. But I also realize the value of being careful at the right time. I believe this is one of those times. And my opinion is buttressed by having seen at least three (off the top of my head) good posters leave this board because of discomfort with the competitive or social climate based on less potentially explosive posts,.

I'm not trying to impose some sort of sanction on everything written here. That's not how I operate, and everyone should know that.

Sam

Sam-

as I said in the other post, I am in no way attempting to contradict your points, as I think you are right. Better safe than sorry when it comes to protecting something as unique as the convivial discussions between opposing sides that we have on this board.

I was in no way trying to undercut what you are doing and your zero-tolerance policy, as they are the right things to do.

I was just trying to point out that what is so refreshing about this board as opposed to most all others, and therefore what is worth protecting, is exemplified by the reaction of the board the article, and that;s a good omen for the future of the board.

I might not have said it so well, as I was being brief, but that's all I meant. I am in 100% support of your policy on this.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Sky,

You and I are not in disagreement, and I never intended to imply that we might have been.

I do think our moderating policy is vastly more lenient than zero-tolerance, even on this matter. My two words "Or not" were intended to suggest that there might be two schools of thought on the matter...not that either was expressly forbidden. As someone who constantly tries pretty hard to maintain a convivial spirit on the board, I wasn't overjoyed by the sarcastic little response that followed. It had nothing to do with you, that's for sure.

It's much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Sam-

Ok good. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was arguing against you on this.

And by "zero tolerance", I meant the zero tolerance for BS during the Finals that you had announced (the Frank Zapper policy) which I think is a good thing.

Like you said, much ado about nothing.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:13 pm

BSH, you make (yet another) good point when you say that us C's fans here can smile and laugh at ourselves and our team, when the context fits.

gotta be able to enjoy, and laugh at yourself a little ... else what's the point ?

GOD, am i looking forward to these games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2