Good Shots Versus Bad Shots and Kyrie

Go down

Good Shots Versus Bad Shots and Kyrie Empty Good Shots Versus Bad Shots and Kyrie

Post by tardust Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:47 pm

Good conversation tonight between McHale and Thomas on NBA TV. Isaiah said Spurs shoot the least amount of threes in the league but they shoot the highest percentage. He said Celtics shot 34 tonight but how many of them were good threes and who shot them? Spurs players that aren't good shooters from out there don't shoot them unless the clock is a factor. Only their good shooters shoot from out there and when they do they are usually open. Celtics on the other hand everyone shoots them and a lot of them are contested with plenty of time on the clock. We don't need Baynes, Theis, Smart and pretty much other guys that should shoot them. At some point when you aren't making them you have to quit and get a better shot, we just keep firing away. No three pointer is a better shot than a layup in my opinion. I think most teams have devalued the 2 pointer so much it hurts the team.

Another point made by McHale was he was concerned about the Celtics. He said just what I said on the game on, " A good team doesn't give up 46 points in a quarter". At some point you got to shut them down and make it a 36 point quarter. He was not so sure even though we are loaded with talent if we are a good team or not. We have to get a lot tougher than we are now. We don't have a defensive or offensive chemistry.

Now don't take this the wrong way but I am going to say it anyway. I know Kyrie is a stud and a fantastic shooter. Before Lebron got to Cleveland, the Cavs were not good, lost a lot. When Lebron showed up they started winning a lot, until he took the night off. I am not sure of the WL record but I seem to remember the Cavs lost most of the time that Lebron sit out for whatever reason. Take away our long winning streak last year and we were about a 500 team. Then toward the end when Kyrie was out we started to play better ball again and nearly got to the finals. I am just bringing this up for discussion so please don't hammer me too hard. I like Kyrie and always have. I remember watching him torch the Celtics before Lebron came back to Cleveland and I thought what a fantastic shooter he was. Just wondering if anyone else had these thoughts as well.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Good Shots Versus Bad Shots and Kyrie Empty Re: Good Shots Versus Bad Shots and Kyrie

Post by tardust Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Billups talked about this at length tonight after the game without actually talking about losses. It made a lot of sense. He said that Kyrie needs to play the system that the Celtics played tonight where everyone is touching the ball and people get their confidence up. Last 2-3 minutes of a close game thats when Kyrie needs to take over, not most of the game. I don't think Kyrie is selfish, I think he just needs to learn how to get the best out of his team. Tonight we has 4 starters with at least 4 assists. I don't think that happens much.

Billups and Paul both thought Kyrie should have watched this game tonight and saw was working for them and then he orchestrates that system, takes over late in games.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down