sinus007
mrkleen09
dbrown4
bobheckler
tjmakz
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Orleans has parted ways with Dell Demps - Page 2 Empty Re: New Orleans has parted ways with Dell Demps

Post by gyso Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:06 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:that was my fault on the most hated players!!!!! I do have a tendency to express how I feel about a certain player who just enters a game, and that one took off.

It was quite interesting and amusing to see how many players came up though, wasn't it????

Rosalie

ktronic started it and we ran with it. BobC joined in.

Back to top Go down

New Orleans has parted ways with Dell Demps - Page 2 Empty Re: New Orleans has parted ways with Dell Demps

Post by tjmakz Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:49 pm

worcester wrote:in 2017-18 the Celts started out 18-2. The 2018-19 Celts started out 10-10. After 58 games last year the Celts were 41-17: after their 20th game their w-l record was 23-15.
After 58 games this year the Celts record is 37-21; after their 20th game their record has been 27-11.

Yes, the Celts started better last year. This year's team is finishing better. Gordon is much better than last year for obvious reasons; so is Marcus Morris; so is Kyrie; so is Theis; so is Marcus Smart - much better; so is Wanamaker than the tiny pg he replaced; Semi is playing better than last year; Aron was too before he got hurt. Al is about the same. Jaylen and Jayson had taken a little dip but have rebounded. Terry is worse.

The Celts are now a better team than last year's Celts at this point in the season. Last year's team finished the regular season 14-10 for a total record of 55-27. Will this year's team close out better than 14-10? I expect they will. They may not go 18-6 to match last year's 55 win total, but they are a better team and better poised to fare better in the playoffs - EXCEPT for the indisputable fact that the East is stronger than last year at the top. Milwaukee, Toronto, Indy, and Philly are all better teams than they were last year. Cleveland and the Knicks have dragged down the % of wins in the East. Who cares about those two teams? I predict the Celts will win the ECF this year despite their slower start and their EC playoff opponents being tougher.

I also predict Lavar Ball will never gain employment with the Lakers at any level.

Boston has benefitted by playing the most games in the NBA against teams with a .500 record or worse. They have played 35 games. The Lakers as an example have played 26 games against teams with .500 or worse records. The Lakers are 10th in the West but would be 7th in the East.
If Boston wins fewer games than last year and does not win at least 3 games in the Eastern Conf. finals, they would have a worse season that last year. They have also been pretty healthy compared to last year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:54 pm

gyso wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:that was my fault on the most hated players!!!!! I do have a tendency to express how I feel about a certain player who just enters a game, and that one took off.

It was quite interesting and amusing to see how many players came up though, wasn't it????

Rosalie

ktronic started it and we ran with it.  BobC joined in.

It was fun! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:34 pm

TJ you do make a valid point regarding the level of competition.  Now we are engaged in a stretch of games against a lot of .500 and above teams as well as a lot of games on the road.

This has already been discussed.

We do not have any control over the schedule.  Issues with chemistry have been impacted by injuries as we have had few games this year where a full compliment of players have been available.  I think some of the chemistry issue have also been impacted by changes to the rotation and in particular trying to integrate GH into the mix.

Right now everybody seems to be playing better even TR.  Overall the team looks poised to finish strong.  I do not know nor care about their win/loss record.  A top 3 or 4 seed gives us a first round at home advantage.  Every year a top seed gets knocked out early.  That will not be us.  All top 3 teams have made big changes especially Toronto and Philly.  That is likely to impact their chemistry.

The Celtics remain the best defensive team among the top 4 contenders.  Indy has been holding on for dare life but without Olidipo they are not likely to make it too far.

I think we can secure the 3rd seed and a potential matchup with the Nets in the first round.    Take any of the bottom feeders and the Bucks will blown through them.  The Raptors should also do well but who knows.  They have a history of choking in the playoffs.  If for example they matched up with Detroit who beat them at home, it could turn out to be a tough series.  They play Detroit twice more on the road.  Those games may be of interest.

Philly, Toronto and Milwaukee added to their teams and the Celtics now have a healthy Gordon Hayward.  I see that as an upgrade.  He struggled all year and now he is balling.  That's an upgrade without having made a deal.  

The Celtics have a level of defense that they can turn on which will be a difference maker.  On offense all of weaponry will be locked and loaded.  If you want to play Boston raise your hand because I guarantee you that Boston can match up with every team in the league and has no fear. None
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2