kdp59
cowens/oldschool
dustcover
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm clueless - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm clueless

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 am

As of right now none of those centers on bobs list has ever been to a conference finals, confirming it’s a wing/guard league when it comes to winning. You have to be able to match up with Steph Klay Durant if you want to go all the way right now, right now especially defensively we match up better than anyone with GS. If we get Davis and can’t cover those 3 as well as right now, we still won’t win with Davis....getting rid of Smart and one of 2 J’s really weakens our defense, and a lot less firepower as Smart is hitting his 3 ball now and either J is good, having both gives us double that advantage, in other words we are the match up nightmare. All 3 can defend like crazy, and we have RW, waiting, growing....he’s going to eventually earn minutes and only add to the defense bigly.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:26 am

Yeah, Danny has a lot to process. Do you think he has his mind made up (Plans A, B and C) regardless of what happens in the playoffs? I'm thinking because this team has danced around so much this season that he thinks we have an equal chance of getting bounced (being swept or us sweeping) in the first, EC Semis, ECF and/or Finals depending upon which team shows up that he already knows what needs to be done well in advance?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:53 pm

I guess I will add my two cents, although I think I have already made my feelings known. I would like to keep the young guys together, especially Brown, Smart and Tatum. I realize Rozier is probably gone, I think he has made it known that he wants a starting role. I am sure Morris is gone too, although, I wonder .

Anthony Davis is a player I know comes along once in a generation. My question is: do you totally destroy what it has taken years to rebuild for one guy? I don't know about you, but to watch Tatum grow into an all star, and Brown also, to get a guy who has made it clear he doesn't want to be here? I know the KG story, this is a little different. These guys we are talking about trading are not "role" players.

I say keep the young 'uns and go for a big elsewhere. If he can't be excited about joining a storied franchise, the heck with him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Rosalie you make an excellent Celtic point. All the years I have been following the Celtics, their teams always consist of above average players that somehow do extraordinary things when all put on the court together. That's why to me Kyrie is an anomaly. AD would be another anomaly if we got him. We would have two Top 5 players on the same starting lineup.

The more I think about it, AD may not be worth it. However, I don't think we can win the championship this year without Kyrie. He has the championship know how that we will need once we get out of the ECF.

GSW have set the bar pretty high, though. What they have is what it is going to take to win it all in dynastic form. Danny knows Celtic traditions but we've said it a thousand times this season that this is the new NBA model. He's hedging up to the fence already with Kyrie. If AD does come a-knocking come July, we'll know Danny has shifted his traditional stance.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Rosalie,

I don't think it's a given that Rozier is gone.

My guess is if they think Irving is leaving, they'll try and retain Scary Terry.

We'll see somewhere around June.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2