Hopefully Pierce is wrong

4 posters

Go down

Hopefully Pierce is wrong Empty Hopefully Pierce is wrong

Post by LACELTFAN Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:35 am

About going back to LA...Some nights just go like that Ray.....Let's get em next game.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Hopefully Pierce is wrong Empty Re: Hopefully Pierce is wrong

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

I was kinda hoping that the Celtics would win this one so that one of the following would prove wrong:

1) Phil Jackson's teams winning Game 1 are 29,359,453-0 in series
2) All teams that were tied 1-1 that win Game 3 after 2-3-2 format initiated are 10-0.

I know about past performance. My solace is CLE had some similar undefeated record that the Celtics put a "1" on in the second round. For us to win this all now means both the above will have to fall.

We are also in the same spot we were against CLE before our guys figured them out.

Lakers are tough and they aren't going to roll over. Great game by them last night. We never could get over the hump. Dug ourselves too big of a hole. Game looked alot like Game 1, lots of fouls, big Laker lead, now Rondo fast breaking consistently and converting, Laker baskets, shooting free throws, brick wall, etc.

We're just back to Laker's with home court. Unfortunately, we are in a position now where there is no more room for error. One more game where we don't get more than one guy going and it may spell the end. KG stepped up last night. Too bad there wasn't just one more guy to help with the heavy lifting. Needed about 7-8 more points from someone else. Bench played great, I thought. Baby fearlessly taking it to the rack and TA locking up Kobe for a "sub-par" performance. But Kobe will take the victory. I loved/hated LA's play where KG failed to put two hands on the rebound that led to an out-of-bounds play by Kobe to Bynum underneath for an And 1. To me that play pretty much was the game for me.

Credit Laker defense and upsetting our rhythm, synergy, foul trouble, etc. Overall, I thought the Celtics played very well despite all the fouls again and fighting uphill the whole way. Lakers just played better. The knife to the heart of the Celtics from the above play spelled impending doom for this game, although the Celtics almost came back and pulled it out despite it all. Unfortunately, we're not playing with horseshoes or hand grenades.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 am

Once again the refs played TOO BIG a role in the final outcome...and after all that happened last season with Bill Kennedy and Doc - for them to send him to the Garden for a pivotal game just shows how ARROGANT David Stern is.

There was a stat they showed the said in the first two games of this series - the refs called more personal fouls than any finals series in the last 40 years.

Pierce was taken out of the game from the beginning - and that combined with Ray Allen's terrible shooting was the difference. If Ray even goes 3 for 12, the Celtics win.

Kobe is a killer - Gasol is steady - and Fisher was incredible down the stretch on both ends of the court...but the Celtics still had every opportunity to win this game.

Nice to see KG back - now if they could just get KG, Rondo, Allen and Pierce all going at the same time - they would be fine.

Celtics will win two in a row and shift the pressure back on the Lakers. I am still confident in us winning #18....but it will take 7 games now.

Last edited by mrkleen09 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kennedy vs Rivers was LAST season, not this season.)
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

Tonight would be a really good night to win a game. Hopefully the C's will come out energetically and never look back...KG pushing it, Rondo pushing it, PP, etc.... agressive basketball and not overly influenced by the refs...Go CELTICS
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 am

Well now we know Pierce is wrong! GO CELTICS...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 am

LACELTFAN wrote:Well now we know Pierce is wrong! GO CELTICS...

Yup, it's official. And I'm happy about it.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down