Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks

5 posters

Go down

Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks Empty Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks

Post by dboss Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince

My Note  How can this work?  Crabbe makes $18.7 million and Prince will make $3.481 Mill.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe and his $18.5 million contract to the Atlanta Hawks, clearing the salary-cap space to pursue two maximum free-agent contracts this summer, league sources told ESPN.

The Nets are sending Crabbe, the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NBA draft, and a 2020 lottery-protected first-round pick to the Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources said. The deal can't be finalized until July 6.

Boston guard Kyrie Irving -- who is expected to become a free agent -- and Brooklyn have a strong mutual interest, league sources told ESPN. The Nets have $46 million in salary-cap space to sign two maximum-contract free agents, which would include Brooklyn's dream scenario of luring Irving and Golden State's Kevin Durant to the franchise, league sources said.

The Knicks are pursuing the same partnership, but league sources say that Irving's interest in the Nets has increased and Brooklyn has emerged as a serious contender to attract Irving. The Nets could keep restricted free agent guard D'Angelo Russell on a max -- or near-max -- deal to play with a free-agent star too.

The Hawks have three picks in the top 20 now, including Nos. 8, 10 and 17. Atlanta could package those picks to move up in the draft, of course, or include them in other deals to avoid picking three first-rounders in what's considered a weak draft. The Hawks have an outstanding young core, including Trae Young and John Collins.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks Empty Re: Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks

Post by dboss Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm

What's really funny about this is it states the Nets will have $46 million in CAP space to sign 2 max players like Irving and Durant so they sign for $23 million each???

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks Empty Re: Nets trade Crabbe to Atlanta for Prince and picks

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:10 pm

Spotrac has them as effectively having 67m in cap space after the trade.

If they renounced all but Russell, they'd have about 46m in cap space

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm

dboss wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince

My Note  How can this work?  Crabbe makes $18.7 million and Prince will make $3.481 Mill.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe and his $18.5 million contract to the Atlanta Hawks, clearing the salary-cap space to pursue two maximum free-agent contracts this summer, league sources told ESPN.

The Nets are sending Crabbe, the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NBA draft, and a 2020 lottery-protected first-round pick to the Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources said. The deal can't be finalized until July 6.

Boston guard Kyrie Irving -- who is expected to become a free agent -- and Brooklyn have a strong mutual interest, league sources told ESPN. The Nets have $46 million in salary-cap space to sign two maximum-contract free agents, which would include Brooklyn's dream scenario of luring Irving and Golden State's Kevin Durant to the franchise, league sources said.

The Knicks are pursuing the same partnership, but league sources say that Irving's interest in the Nets has increased and Brooklyn has emerged as a serious contender to attract Irving. The Nets could keep restricted free agent guard D'Angelo Russell on a max -- or near-max -- deal to play with a free-agent star too.

The Hawks have three picks in the top 20 now, including Nos. 8, 10 and 17. Atlanta could package those picks to move up in the draft, of course, or include them in other deals to avoid picking three first-rounders in what's considered a weak draft. The Hawks have an outstanding young core, including Trae Young and John Collins.

This trade will not be completed until 7/6 or later.
Atlanta will absorb Crabbe into their cap space.
It’s interesting to announce trades now that won’t be completed for a month.
I think this could happen with AD too.
I think an AD trade could be announced before on on draft day.
I’m sure New Orleans will want to pick who they want if they get New York’s #3 pick or LA’s #4 pick.
Announcing the trades before free agency starts also gives free agents a better idea of what stars they could be playing with when free agency begins.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 am

Fletcher Mackel: NBA source (who I trust a lot) told me tonight he thinks Boston is landing spot for Anthony Davis. Says Tatum is player NOLA covets most. Tatum, Smart (who @PelicansNBA also really like), filler (Williams, Ojeyele or Yabusele) & at least pick #14 this year. – via Twitter
Top Rumors, Trade, Anthony Davis, Boston Celtics, New Orleans Pelicans

@Chris_Broussard : “The latest on the NBA streets is Kyrie Irving is leaning heavily towards Brooklyn and is trying to get Kevin Durant to join him.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Not that I care who the Nets trade for or trade away, but with only three years of NBA play and averaging slightly more than 10 points per game how can he (by himself) have a salary that matches up with Crabbe's 18.5 M for trade purposes?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:19 pm

wideclyde wrote:Not that I care who the Nets trade for or trade away, but with only three years of NBA play and averaging slightly more than 10 points per game how can he (by himself) have a salary that matches up with Crabbe's 18.5 M for trade purposes?

Wide,

Crabbe will be absorbed into Atlanta's cap space in July.
Matching salaries only applies to teams who are over the salary cap when a trade is completed.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:59 pm

The Nets gave up quite a bit in this salary dump trade. In the process they are putting all of their eggs in the Free Agency market and have once again blown away 2 first rounders.

It seems to me that they would not have done this unless they have at least one commitment. Yet it opens up a lot of questions.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm

dboss wrote:The Nets gave up quite a bit in this salary dump trade.  In the process they are putting all of their eggs in the Free Agency market and have once again blown away 2 first rounders.

It seems to me that they would not have done this unless they have at least one commitment.  Yet it opens up a lot of questions.

I’d expect it to be Kyrie. If he did back out, Nets could always back out of this deal as well. Deal isn’t going to be completed for a month.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:53 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:The Nets gave up quite a bit in this salary dump trade.  In the process they are putting all of their eggs in the Free Agency market and have once again blown away 2 first rounders.

It seems to me that they would not have done this unless they have at least one commitment.  Yet it opens up a lot of questions.

I’d expect it to be Kyrie. If he did back out, Nets could always back out of this deal as well. Deal isn’t going to be completed for a month.

If it is KI, I hope he calls Danny to let him know what the decision is yet we have seen this type of wait and see game from players before.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down