NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract

+2
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract Empty NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:23 am

NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract

NESN by Dakota Randall on Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 2:39PM

Perhaps Terry Rozier has a future in Boston, after all. The Celtics have had discussions with the 25-year-old guard about possibly signing a new deal, Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reported Sunday. Kyler’s report also included a note about Boston having recently engaged with the Houston Rockets on trade talks involving star big man Clint Capela.

Rozier will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Take a look at Kyler’s tweet: Last month, Rozier indicated he would not be interested in returning to Boston if it returned the same roster it had last season. Whether Rozier’s desire to re-sign is tied to Kyrie Irving’s looming free agency decision is anyone’s guess. The Louisville product averaged 9.0 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game last season.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am

Why would anybody be surprised at the Celtics working on a scenario in which Rozier stays, or at least gets under contract?  That's GM 101.

Here's a thought:  there has been talk that NOP would be willing to move Jrue Holiday.  IF TRUE, then packaging Rozier into a Davis trade COULD help Danny make the numbers work WITHOUT Marcus Smart, which I don't think it can right now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics Have ‘Had Talks’ With Terry Rozier About New Contract

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Torn on Rozier. I loved his passion two years ago. But he sulked his way through a very average season.

Over the course of a contract or career, players will come and go. If he can only fight hard and play with passion when he likes his teammates, he can move on. He needs to grow up and learn what it means to be a professional.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:44 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Torn on Rozier.  I loved his passion two years ago.  But he sulked his way through a very average season.

Over the course of a contract or career, players will come and go.  If he can only fight hard and play with passion when he likes his teammates, he can move on.  He needs to grow up and learn what it means to be a professional.
Ditto, except I think he had a very below average season.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:55 pm

This makes sense from a stay or go perspective.

One of the stories I read this morning on the Capela rumor, mentioned negotiating with Rozier as the presumptive starting point guard next season.

I think Rozier would be fine in that capacity, assuming Irving's exit. Despite this past season's bumps, I think Rozier has shown enough to believe that when he starts, we get the right Scary Terry. A lineup/rotation including Rozier, Tatum, Brown and Smart should be competitive, and have long-term potential. Now, who is (are) the big(s)?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:24 pm

I'm going to give STRoz a break. Since all of our humble but accurate opinions on this season were that it was an unmitigated disaster, I'm going to wipe it from my memory and go back to the season before as my last recollection. Sign and start Rozier and go for it. I would have acted the same way he did this past season. He'll catch the gravity of the whole situation, read between the lines and be fine. Everyone on the team said things they regret, some more than others.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:01 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I'm going to give STRoz a break.  Since all of our humble but accurate opinions on this season were that it was an unmitigated disaster, I'm going to wipe it from my memory and go back to the season before as my last recollection.  Sign and start Rozier and go for it.  I would have acted the same way he did this past season.  He'll catch the gravity of the whole situation, read between the lines and be fine.  Everyone on the team said things they regret, some more than others.  

db
Really? Look at the way Jaylen responded to less minutes and reduced role, he just played and you knew he was giving effort and playing as good as he could. Rozier looked indifferent the whole season....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down